Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Suggestion for Custom Skins System
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[quote name="TCA" date=2016-05-05 14:17:20] [quote name="SilverBook" date=2016-04-29 07:39:51] Support. I have never submitted a skin/accent before, so I didn't know much about the process. That the current process lacks such an essential function seems really strange to me! It would reduce wait time a whole lot if this function was implemented, and it would take work away from the staff. The only thing I'm wondering about, is how it can be checked if it's indeed the same accent/skin. Maybe it would be better to first have to choose between two options: Resubmit existing skin/accent, or submit a new one. You could then (if you resubmit one you already submitted before) choose from a list of accents you've already submitted once. This would make sure that people don't 'resubmit' an accent and then upload a different skin/accent on purpose/by accident. [/quote] This sounds like an incredibly productive way to handle reprints and I'm not sure why it isn't already a thing. [/quote]it can get tedious to scroll through a long list (if you have one) so I either just support the ID or a search option. But the latter might be over the top.
TCA wrote on 2016-05-05:
SilverBook wrote on 2016-04-29:
Support. I have never submitted a skin/accent before, so I didn't know much about the process. That the current process lacks such an essential function seems really strange to me! It would reduce wait time a whole lot if this function was implemented, and it would take work away from the staff.

The only thing I'm wondering about, is how it can be checked if it's indeed the same accent/skin. Maybe it would be better to first have to choose between two options: Resubmit existing skin/accent, or submit a new one. You could then (if you resubmit one you already submitted before) choose from a list of accents you've already submitted once. This would make sure that people don't 'resubmit' an accent and then upload a different skin/accent on purpose/by accident.
This sounds like an incredibly productive way to handle reprints and I'm not sure why it isn't already a thing.
it can get tedious to scroll through a long list (if you have one) so I either just support the ID or a search option. But the latter might be over the top.
Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
As an accent artist who has reprinted things, this would make things SO much easier! Fully support!
As an accent artist who has reprinted things, this would make things SO much easier! Fully support!
HmDNA2Z.pngaq6I7xx.png6fgBqVP.pngXSEmIC3.pngC387vBf.pngwqtPSTI.pngglDwE4l.pngOqryMgB.pnggJXSVmH.png
I like the idea of resubmitting by number, it would help the artists whom had lost original copies due to computers giving out or whatever.

But they would need to link the accents and skins to accounts in some way. Since right now they have usernames on them, but that doesn't change when you change your username changes.
They could also have in that form an easy way to submit that your username has changed and what skins/accents that effects.
I like the idea of resubmitting by number, it would help the artists whom had lost original copies due to computers giving out or whatever.

But they would need to link the accents and skins to accounts in some way. Since right now they have usernames on them, but that doesn't change when you change your username changes.
They could also have in that form an easy way to submit that your username has changed and what skins/accents that effects.
66ei84J.png
I love this idea! There should definitely be some faster method for reprints. As long as the tooltip shows for example, "Created by BluePhoenix" and I'm the one submitting request for the reprint, why not have it go through? It'd also help in instances where artists don't save the .png files or the go missing.
I love this idea! There should definitely be some faster method for reprints. As long as the tooltip shows for example, "Created by BluePhoenix" and I'm the one submitting request for the reprint, why not have it go through? It'd also help in instances where artists don't save the .png files or the go missing.
mlHpBMC.png
Wind-Network.png
YMPbu9R.png
This needs to be brought back - it would surely make both the approval of new skins as well as the reprinting process way faster! :(
Especially when you have to resubmit and it's sometimes hard to tell what EXACTLY is the issue, and the accent comes back again, unapproved, after another week of waiting is kinda frustrating.
Especially when FR wants to be open for new members all the time which (hopefully) means a ton of new great artists, this approval period of one week would become even longer...
So, please FR staff, consider this! ><
This needs to be brought back - it would surely make both the approval of new skins as well as the reprinting process way faster! :(
Especially when you have to resubmit and it's sometimes hard to tell what EXACTLY is the issue, and the accent comes back again, unapproved, after another week of waiting is kinda frustrating.
Especially when FR wants to be open for new members all the time which (hopefully) means a ton of new great artists, this approval period of one week would become even longer...
So, please FR staff, consider this! ><
sig_00_ysdaar_by_xeehsl_d8x06q4_by_blackchaos666-d8x08gx.pngsig_01_ysdaar_by_xeehsl_d8x06px_by_blackchaos666-d8x08z7.pngsig_02_ysdaar_by_xeehsl_d8x06po_by_blackchaos666-d8x08zu.pngsig_03_ysdaar_by_xeehsl_d8x06pl_by_blackchaos666-d8x08zi.pngsig_04_ysdaar_by_xeehsl_d8x06pg_by_blackchaos666-d8x08go.png
Throwing ALL my support behind this.

Perhaps it could even be completely automated now, so the admins wouldn't have to check anything. That means that ideally you wouldn't even need to upload the image again (how many of us haven't lost some accents due to dying hard drives or the like........) You could just enter the skin number and the system could simply create another set of 5, 10, whatever blueprint you put in. That way they wouldn't have to worry about the image being altered!
Throwing ALL my support behind this.

Perhaps it could even be completely automated now, so the admins wouldn't have to check anything. That means that ideally you wouldn't even need to upload the image again (how many of us haven't lost some accents due to dying hard drives or the like........) You could just enter the skin number and the system could simply create another set of 5, 10, whatever blueprint you put in. That way they wouldn't have to worry about the image being altered!
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
Support, have heard of the reprint frustration a lot from the accent artists I've worked with ;w;
Support, have heard of the reprint frustration a lot from the accent artists I've worked with ;w;
I support this 100% - it's a very good idea!
I support this 100% - it's a very good idea!
tumblr_inline_njny437T5Q1sztcmx.png
That sounds interesting; I've never tried doing an accent so I only had a vague concept of how complicated it was, but I'm definitely in favor of helping artists.

Support!
That sounds interesting; I've never tried doing an accent so I only had a vague concept of how complicated it was, but I'm definitely in favor of helping artists.

Support!
eUMhm7B.png
This looks like a very efficent way of submitting skins, I've waited for like....I don't know, a few weeks for a already printed skin being reprinted, and this will sure decrease the work volume for the admins so they can focus on checking new accents and skins. Definetely support it since this is a win-win proposal.
This looks like a very efficent way of submitting skins, I've waited for like....I don't know, a few weeks for a already printed skin being reprinted, and this will sure decrease the work volume for the admins so they can focus on checking new accents and skins. Definetely support it since this is a win-win proposal.
fBVWC4D.pngtwosig_by_myserpentine-dahtyxm.pngtumblr_oqsxltEnz11vge99fo1_100.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13