Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
Full Support, I've got dragons that I sent out into the world named and they've been renamed but for the purposes of the parents lore it makes everything weird. And I've bought dragons that have unnamed's in their previous breedings which makes my brain twitch a bit.

This allows me more control over my own lore, and doesn't affect anyone else's.

Full Support, I've got dragons that I sent out into the world named and they've been renamed but for the purposes of the parents lore it makes everything weird. And I've bought dragons that have unnamed's in their previous breedings which makes my brain twitch a bit.

This allows me more control over my own lore, and doesn't affect anyone else's.

8WukT7a.pngtumblr_ovfdabWhFb1uct8hlo1_250.png
@Lalli

If they are only visible to the owner, then this is kinda pointless. I'd want everyone to see clean offspring lists and the nicknames I've given to my dragon's children.

What nickname could possibly make you uncomfortable that you couldn't just report?

And anyway, you sell it, it ain't your dragon anymore. It's the owner's. Don't want nicknames on offspring? Don't sell them. Ever. Or exalt all of them yourself. Done.
@Lalli

If they are only visible to the owner, then this is kinda pointless. I'd want everyone to see clean offspring lists and the nicknames I've given to my dragon's children.

What nickname could possibly make you uncomfortable that you couldn't just report?

And anyway, you sell it, it ain't your dragon anymore. It's the owner's. Don't want nicknames on offspring? Don't sell them. Ever. Or exalt all of them yourself. Done.

Support! This would be great for the exalting complaints about dragons being exalted without a name, and also great if someone wants to do something. Maybe nicknames could be a different colors, or a symbol, as someone mentioned.
Support! This would be great for the exalting complaints about dragons being exalted without a name, and also great if someone wants to do something. Maybe nicknames could be a different colors, or a symbol, as someone mentioned.
@thecatsred

An example of a nickname that couldn't be reported (As it wouldn't be going against the rules), but would personally make me uncomfortable is actually something someone else mentioned on here, Died or Stillborn.
My dragon is far from dead or a stillborn and to see a dragon I like have such a nickname would honestly make me uncomfortable. I know it's a personal opinion and some might be fine with that, but I just wouldn't be.

I don't think you understood what I said here. I wasn't talking about MY offspring (I don't even breed dragons) I was talking about my dragon being given a nickname on the PARENTS offspring list (As in I could click on my dragon's parents and see the nickname it was given on their list). I fully understand the concept of once you sell it it's not yours anymore, I never once thought I could sell something and still have control over it.

Besides couldn't the same be said to those who complain about the names given to those on their offspring list? Don't want certain names on your list than don't sell them ever or exalt them yourself. Problem solved, no more names you don't like showing up on your offspring list.
@thecatsred

An example of a nickname that couldn't be reported (As it wouldn't be going against the rules), but would personally make me uncomfortable is actually something someone else mentioned on here, Died or Stillborn.
My dragon is far from dead or a stillborn and to see a dragon I like have such a nickname would honestly make me uncomfortable. I know it's a personal opinion and some might be fine with that, but I just wouldn't be.

I don't think you understood what I said here. I wasn't talking about MY offspring (I don't even breed dragons) I was talking about my dragon being given a nickname on the PARENTS offspring list (As in I could click on my dragon's parents and see the nickname it was given on their list). I fully understand the concept of once you sell it it's not yours anymore, I never once thought I could sell something and still have control over it.

Besides couldn't the same be said to those who complain about the names given to those on their offspring list? Don't want certain names on your list than don't sell them ever or exalt them yourself. Problem solved, no more names you don't like showing up on your offspring list.
@Lalli
Well, that would definitely be unpleasant, yet I saw just yesterday that one of the hatchlings I sold had a bio that stated "orphaned" though her parents are quite well and kicking in my lair :D I'm cool with it (I'm cool with practically everything, tbh) but some people would be frustrated to see it - basically, it's practically the same as your example, my dragons were called dead in their offspring info though they obviously weren't. The only way to avoid that completely is to have a first gen lair and never sell the offsprings, I'm afraid.
@Lalli
Well, that would definitely be unpleasant, yet I saw just yesterday that one of the hatchlings I sold had a bio that stated "orphaned" though her parents are quite well and kicking in my lair :D I'm cool with it (I'm cool with practically everything, tbh) but some people would be frustrated to see it - basically, it's practically the same as your example, my dragons were called dead in their offspring info though they obviously weren't. The only way to avoid that completely is to have a first gen lair and never sell the offsprings, I'm afraid.
I like this actually. Plus imagine the lore! If you have dragons that are related in your lair, the names given to them through this system could be the 'name' your dragon calls the others! Support!
I like this actually. Plus imagine the lore! If you have dragons that are related in your lair, the names given to them through this system could be the 'name' your dragon calls the others! Support!
Leader of the Bear Army
b4PU1hl.png
@Lalli

Apologies, I did misunderstand.

However in this case, maybe just don't look at lairs that are currently not yours that are somehow connected to your dragons? Especially if you have troubles with someone else's lore.

However, I'm not sure how this is any different than someone putting on your dragon's parent's profile that all their children died from some terrible death (when in reality your dragon is perfectly fine and dandy).
@Lalli

Apologies, I did misunderstand.

However in this case, maybe just don't look at lairs that are currently not yours that are somehow connected to your dragons? Especially if you have troubles with someone else's lore.

However, I'm not sure how this is any different than someone putting on your dragon's parent's profile that all their children died from some terrible death (when in reality your dragon is perfectly fine and dandy).

@Valemora

Oh I understand that it happens now, but I guess I would just feel more uncomfortable with this suggestion since unlike the bio info this would lead to the possibility of my dragon being GIVEN the nickname stillborn or died, not just being referred to as having died. Anyone who looks at the parents offspring list won't see my dragon, they'll see Stillborn or the like.

I honestly don't even know if what I'm saying makes sense, I'm better at thinking than I am typing.
I apologize if anything I've said comes off as rude, I really do like the idea as it may help some people out, but just the thought of having my dragons possibly nicknamed the like is too big of a con for me.
@Valemora

Oh I understand that it happens now, but I guess I would just feel more uncomfortable with this suggestion since unlike the bio info this would lead to the possibility of my dragon being GIVEN the nickname stillborn or died, not just being referred to as having died. Anyone who looks at the parents offspring list won't see my dragon, they'll see Stillborn or the like.

I honestly don't even know if what I'm saying makes sense, I'm better at thinking than I am typing.
I apologize if anything I've said comes off as rude, I really do like the idea as it may help some people out, but just the thought of having my dragons possibly nicknamed the like is too big of a con for me.
@thecatsred

I understand that I could just not look at their lair, it's just that sometimes I enjoy going through my dragon's parents to see how they're all doing (If they're exalted or not). If this was implemented I probably would just end up not doing that anymore to avoid this possibility, but it would be a bummer.

I actually wrote to Valemora the reason why it's different to me so I hope you don't mind me copying it here.
I guess I would just feel more uncomfortable with this suggestion since unlike the bio info this would lead to the possibility of my dragon being GIVEN the nickname stillborn or died, not just being referred to as having died. Anyone who looks at the parents offspring list won't see my dragon, they'll see Stillborn or the like.

If this were implemented I wouldn't throw a fit or anything, in fact I find that this idea could be very helpful to some. I just don't like the idea of such nicknames being given to my dragons is all, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

If you don't mind I would like to end the conversation here. I've said my thoughts on the matter and also understand why others, like yourself, would want it. At this point it's just personal reasons for me not wanting it. I'm also honestly afraid of saying something that may upset someone else.
I apologize if anything I've said comes off as rude, I honestly wasn't trying to be.
@thecatsred

I understand that I could just not look at their lair, it's just that sometimes I enjoy going through my dragon's parents to see how they're all doing (If they're exalted or not). If this was implemented I probably would just end up not doing that anymore to avoid this possibility, but it would be a bummer.

I actually wrote to Valemora the reason why it's different to me so I hope you don't mind me copying it here.
I guess I would just feel more uncomfortable with this suggestion since unlike the bio info this would lead to the possibility of my dragon being GIVEN the nickname stillborn or died, not just being referred to as having died. Anyone who looks at the parents offspring list won't see my dragon, they'll see Stillborn or the like.

If this were implemented I wouldn't throw a fit or anything, in fact I find that this idea could be very helpful to some. I just don't like the idea of such nicknames being given to my dragons is all, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

If you don't mind I would like to end the conversation here. I've said my thoughts on the matter and also understand why others, like yourself, would want it. At this point it's just personal reasons for me not wanting it. I'm also honestly afraid of saying something that may upset someone else.
I apologize if anything I've said comes off as rude, I honestly wasn't trying to be.
@Valemora was this the thread you were looking for earlier?
@Valemora was this the thread you were looking for earlier?
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22