Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cuckoo Breed and Mutations Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Might be an old idea, but it's still one I'd like to see added :)

I think the mutagen Boon is a great idea: it gives users the choice of mutating a nest rather than it being random (look at how well users enjoyed the randomness of the eyes...).

I think cuckoos should have a small change at leaving an egg at any nest, but a lure boon increases that chance (except for 5 egg nests). I don't see most users complaining about getting an extra dragon, they can either exalt it, or they can sell it if they don't want it.

It was discussed earlier that the baby cuckoo could have the colors of the nest for survival reasons. An idea to go off that is, maybe cuckoos are more prone to leaving eggs in a nest that's parents are different breeds because the baby is more likely to fit in than if the parents are the same breed. Of course it's easily noticeable to us, but the cuckoos could have learned that same breed parents are more likely to notice a misfit than different breed parents, so they tend to only leave eggs in the nests of different breed parents.
Might be an old idea, but it's still one I'd like to see added :)

I think the mutagen Boon is a great idea: it gives users the choice of mutating a nest rather than it being random (look at how well users enjoyed the randomness of the eyes...).

I think cuckoos should have a small change at leaving an egg at any nest, but a lure boon increases that chance (except for 5 egg nests). I don't see most users complaining about getting an extra dragon, they can either exalt it, or they can sell it if they don't want it.

It was discussed earlier that the baby cuckoo could have the colors of the nest for survival reasons. An idea to go off that is, maybe cuckoos are more prone to leaving eggs in a nest that's parents are different breeds because the baby is more likely to fit in than if the parents are the same breed. Of course it's easily noticeable to us, but the cuckoos could have learned that same breed parents are more likely to notice a misfit than different breed parents, so they tend to only leave eggs in the nests of different breed parents.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
huge support.
it sounds really cool to me and I like both the Cuckoo idea and the Mutagen idea. (I'm especially a huge fan of the mutagen idea. That sounds so cool. Like a black and white layer mutation or a 'random color filter' kind of thing that would gray out reds, or greens, or blues, for example, would be absolutely cool imo.)
huge support.
it sounds really cool to me and I like both the Cuckoo idea and the Mutagen idea. (I'm especially a huge fan of the mutagen idea. That sounds so cool. Like a black and white layer mutation or a 'random color filter' kind of thing that would gray out reds, or greens, or blues, for example, would be absolutely cool imo.)
adopt_shop_tag.png
After seeing how the eyes update went, I really like this idea, regardless of the form.

Maybe be breedable?
After seeing how the eyes update went, I really like this idea, regardless of the form.

Maybe be breedable?
I'm a coatl breeder with plenty of hatchlings for sale. Check out my lair!
I take breeding requests, including of my non-coatls.
Instead of having one of the eggs replaced by the "cuckoo" dragon, maybe you could find an unhatched egg instead? You could hatch your nest, and a pop up could say "your dragons found an unfamiliar egg in their nest!" or something like that.

If I'm breeding a pair then I'm breeding them for a reason, and as fun as it would be I wouldn't necessarily want one of those hatchlings coming out as a different breed, you know?
Instead of having one of the eggs replaced by the "cuckoo" dragon, maybe you could find an unhatched egg instead? You could hatch your nest, and a pop up could say "your dragons found an unfamiliar egg in their nest!" or something like that.

If I'm breeding a pair then I'm breeding them for a reason, and as fun as it would be I wouldn't necessarily want one of those hatchlings coming out as a different breed, you know?
IMG_8704.png
No support. I play games where mutations are a thing, and they are totally diffrent games. It revolves around getting muties, lethals etc... FR would be totally different, and I think it would be for worse.
No support. I play games where mutations are a thing, and they are totally diffrent games. It revolves around getting muties, lethals etc... FR would be totally different, and I think it would be for worse.
145147204&trans=1.jpg
Pet's name: Rosette
[quote name="@PurpleBubble" date="2019-03-26 13:40:54" ] No support. I play games where mutations are a thing, and they are totally diffrent games. It revolves around getting muties, lethals etc... FR would be totally different, and I think it would be for worse. [/quote] Well, the suggestion is for an item you can use to give your nest the chance of having a mutation. No random unexpected mutations involved
@PurpleBubble wrote on 2019-03-26 13:40:54:
Well, the suggestion is for an item you can use to give your nest the chance of having a mutation. No random unexpected mutations involved
IMG_8704.png
I love the idea of a cuckoo breed.

The simplest would be to just have an internal dice roll every day during roll-over, where an egg may be added to the nest, until it reaches max capacity. So a single egg nest could become a five egg nest over the course of incubation. Wegging will be much loved ;-)

Upon hatching, the cuckoo babies display as G1s, not showing up on the parents' offspring list.

Definitely would require some serious coding, but it would likely be the easiest way.. and folks don't have their offspring lists messed with. Only negative would be anticipated lair space vs. actual lair space needed.

Perhaps there could be a discard option for cuckoo eggs, as they look slightly different and the parents are able to distinguish them (or, since this needs to be coded anyway, it can be done hand-in-hand with a 'discard egg' option people have been asking for.)

The simplest would be to just have an internal dice roll every day during roll-over, where an egg may be added to the nest, until it reaches max capacity. So a single egg nest could become a five egg nest over the course of incubation. Wegging will be much loved ;-)

Upon hatching, the cuckoo babies display as G1s, not showing up on the parents' offspring list.

Definitely would require some serious coding, but it would likely be the easiest way.. and folks don't have their offspring lists messed with. Only negative would be anticipated lair space vs. actual lair space needed.

Perhaps there could be a discard option for cuckoo eggs, as they look slightly different and the parents are able to distinguish them (or, since this needs to be coded anyway, it can be done hand-in-hand with a 'discard egg' option people have been asking for.)
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Absolutely no support for any more RNG added to breeding.
Absolutely no support for any more RNG added to breeding.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I definitely like this
I definitely like this
Please do me a favor and ping me if you are responding to me in a forum
[quote name="SCB" date="2019-03-26 18:43:09" ] I love the idea of a cuckoo breed. The simplest would be to just have an internal dice roll every day during roll-over, where an egg may be added to the nest, until it reaches max capacity. So a single egg nest could become a five egg nest over the course of incubation. Wegging will be much loved ;-) Upon hatching, the cuckoo babies display as G1s, not showing up on the parents' offspring list. Definitely would require some serious coding, but it would likely be the easiest way.. and folks don't have their offspring lists messed with. Only negative would be anticipated lair space vs. actual lair space needed. Perhaps there could be a discard option for cuckoo eggs, as they look slightly different and the parents are able to distinguish them (or, since this needs to be coded anyway, it can be done hand-in-hand with a 'discard egg' option people have been asking for.) [/quote] Just saw this, and I don't think this would really work. For one, you don't have to incubate. This would mean that unless it was a potential for it only upon incubation, a player could have five 1 egged nests, leave them until they all become 5 egg nest, and hatch 4 cuckoos per nest. If it were enough to give the ability to become a five egg nest during a normal incubation of 5 days, it wouldn't take that long for the average player to just let their nests gather eggs. I think the best way of doing this would be to simply add the chance for a cuckoo either upon breeding, so a 1 egg nest would become a 2 egg nest, or upon hatching, so you hatch a 5 egg nest and could end up with 6 babies (if your lair is full, you don't have the chance to hatch an extra baby)
SCB wrote on 2019-03-26 18:43:09:

Just saw this, and I don't think this would really work. For one, you don't have to incubate.

This would mean that unless it was a potential for it only upon incubation, a player could have five 1 egged nests, leave them until they all become 5 egg nest, and hatch 4 cuckoos per nest. If it were enough to give the ability to become a five egg nest during a normal incubation of 5 days, it wouldn't take that long for the average player to just let their nests gather eggs.

I think the best way of doing this would be to simply add the chance for a cuckoo either upon breeding, so a 1 egg nest would become a 2 egg nest, or upon hatching, so you hatch a 5 egg nest and could end up with 6 babies (if your lair is full, you don't have the chance to hatch an extra baby)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8