Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cuckoo Breed and Mutations Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I like this idea a lot! Support!
I like this idea a lot! Support!
These are really cool ideas, support! I like the idea of having mutagens being available from Baldwin, given his history. And I do prefer having cuckoo eggs get added after the nest is laid, whether a day later or just a few hours - I wouldn't mind whether or not they're differentiated. Might be fun to check nests and say "wait, I thought this was only a three egg nest, did I get a cuckoo?" and then anticipate hatching day. I love the parasite egg idea in general.
These are really cool ideas, support! I like the idea of having mutagens being available from Baldwin, given his history. And I do prefer having cuckoo eggs get added after the nest is laid, whether a day later or just a few hours - I wouldn't mind whether or not they're differentiated. Might be fun to check nests and say "wait, I thought this was only a three egg nest, did I get a cuckoo?" and then anticipate hatching day. I love the parasite egg idea in general.
Support!

This would be really fun and I'd love it!
Support!

This would be really fun and I'd love it!
Art shop Ich bin ein Berliner!
YqXDmJ2.png
17, speech and debate LD captain, US high school senior
this is really cool! Full support!
this is really cool! Full support!
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
Wow, this is a fantastic discussion. I really love these ideas, and I genuinely hope something grows from these concepts...

Also, I vote that instead of having a cuckoo toggle button, there could be a protection item available to guarantee no cuckoos are present. Or there could even be an item that protects against mutation. That way people who have VERY particular and obsessive breeding projects would just have to farm/craft/purchase something along the lines of a fertility boon to protect their nests from deviance.
Wow, this is a fantastic discussion. I really love these ideas, and I genuinely hope something grows from these concepts...

Also, I vote that instead of having a cuckoo toggle button, there could be a protection item available to guarantee no cuckoos are present. Or there could even be an item that protects against mutation. That way people who have VERY particular and obsessive breeding projects would just have to farm/craft/purchase something along the lines of a fertility boon to protect their nests from deviance.
cM8dUFr.png
[quote name="BBean" date="2018-05-06 19:40:06" ] Also, I vote that instead of having a cuckoo toggle button, there could be a protection item available to guarantee no cuckoos are present. Or there could even be an item that protects against mutation. That way people who have VERY particular and obsessive breeding projects would just have to farm/craft/purchase something along the lines of a fertility boon to protect their nests from deviance. [/quote] I feel that things like cuckoos and mutations should be opt in rather than opt out. The main reason is paying with time or money to prevent something you don't want feels like you are paying a penalty fee ((which is negative)). If something is opt in (and costs to opt in) will help keep them rarer, and personally I'm much happier to pay for something I want (even if its only a possibility) than I would be to pay for something I don't want to occur.
BBean wrote on 2018-05-06 19:40:06:
I feel that things like cuckoos and mutations should be opt in rather than opt out. The main reason is paying with time or money to prevent something you don't want feels like you are paying a penalty fee ((which is negative)). If something is opt in (and costs to opt in) will help keep them rarer, and personally I'm much happier to pay for something I want (even if its only a possibility) than I would be to pay for something I don't want to occur.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@DragonSage

It's a fair point that it may feel like a penalty fee. My view is that paying to assure no divergent breeding is like a smaller version of gene-ing a dragon; not a fee, just paying for a guarantee for something you want. Whereas paying to opt in feels like the penalty fee to me.
@DragonSage

It's a fair point that it may feel like a penalty fee. My view is that paying to assure no divergent breeding is like a smaller version of gene-ing a dragon; not a fee, just paying for a guarantee for something you want. Whereas paying to opt in feels like the penalty fee to me.
cM8dUFr.png
@DragonSage

Dragon sage made a very valid point, but there's a way to work around that. There could be a button when you're about to breed (Ex. Mutation chances? Yes No) it might be fun and exciting when your eggs hatch, only to reveal a thought-to-be plain dragon exhibits the gembond gene. I'm kind of against and in favor of this suggestion. Not to mention how this wouldn't disrupt gene scroll worth, as many dragons exhibit random genes, so there wouldn't be a large economic overthrow.
@DragonSage

Dragon sage made a very valid point, but there's a way to work around that. There could be a button when you're about to breed (Ex. Mutation chances? Yes No) it might be fun and exciting when your eggs hatch, only to reveal a thought-to-be plain dragon exhibits the gembond gene. I'm kind of against and in favor of this suggestion. Not to mention how this wouldn't disrupt gene scroll worth, as many dragons exhibit random genes, so there wouldn't be a large economic overthrow.
Personally I feel the opposite of Bbean.

To me, paying for a chance of the offspring to have it, would be like paying to gene only one dragon. Without both dragons being gened the same, there is always a chance that the offspring won't be gened.

Plus, I am also of the opinion that, since this is how it has worked from the beginning, users shouldn't be forced to pay in order to return breeding to what is has been from the site's conception.

If there had always been this option, then I could see needing to pay to prevent it. BUT, since this is a new mechanic, it should be a pay to obtain it.

Plus, since one of the 'selling points' for many people who want random mutations/things happening when breeding is that the mutated dragon will be 'valuable', then having people pay to actually have a chance at it will mean the mutated dragon remains valuable. If everyone had to pay to NOT have a chance, that means more people hatching nests that could potentially have this mutation, and thus more of these mutated dragons in the system.

If this were something brewed, with a low to medium treasure cost (ie, like 5K to 10K), along with it needing to be reapplied every nesting, then it wouldn't be something that everyone would use. In fact, I think once the newness wore off, a great many people would simply not bother with it. This would mean fewer people having a chance at a mutated offspring. Again, keeping the value of the mutated dragons up.
Personally I feel the opposite of Bbean.

To me, paying for a chance of the offspring to have it, would be like paying to gene only one dragon. Without both dragons being gened the same, there is always a chance that the offspring won't be gened.

Plus, I am also of the opinion that, since this is how it has worked from the beginning, users shouldn't be forced to pay in order to return breeding to what is has been from the site's conception.

If there had always been this option, then I could see needing to pay to prevent it. BUT, since this is a new mechanic, it should be a pay to obtain it.

Plus, since one of the 'selling points' for many people who want random mutations/things happening when breeding is that the mutated dragon will be 'valuable', then having people pay to actually have a chance at it will mean the mutated dragon remains valuable. If everyone had to pay to NOT have a chance, that means more people hatching nests that could potentially have this mutation, and thus more of these mutated dragons in the system.

If this were something brewed, with a low to medium treasure cost (ie, like 5K to 10K), along with it needing to be reapplied every nesting, then it wouldn't be something that everyone would use. In fact, I think once the newness wore off, a great many people would simply not bother with it. This would mean fewer people having a chance at a mutated offspring. Again, keeping the value of the mutated dragons up.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support! This would be hard to implement but totally worth it!
Support! This would be hard to implement but totally worth it!
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o1_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o3_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o4_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o2_400.gif
w8o0xW1.png

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8