Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cuckoo Breed and Mutations Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
TL;DR - I have an overwhelming amount of [b]support [/b]for this idea, but there are bits and pieces that I don't support or have alternate suggestions for. [indent][b]Mutation Mechanics[/b][/indent] I support everything in this section save for this bit: [quote=Fishbone]Perhaps the effect could be stackable? (using more mutagen items on a nest increases the chance of mutations?)[/quote] If the mutation thing got applied, then I personally think that to maintain rarity and value in these dragons, they should be something only available through a small chance. Otherwise richer players will exploit this to mass-create mutated dragons and over a relatively short amount of time (I imagine within a few months) mutated dragons will be as common as ever. I'd ideally like to see this mutation thing be the "new gen1" if you will, something that takes it's sweet time losing it's rarity and high value, but to some extent always maintains a stable market and value, just like gen1's have done over these past few years on FR. [indent][b]Cuckoos[/b][/indent] I love this concept, I love the idea of only getting a breed through an item being introduced, and I even love the name and don't see why it wouldn't be a good one to name such a breed - it fits! haha There is one thing, however, that I want to mention. I really love this addition that [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1631395]foff mentioned:[/url] [quote=foff]In addition, this MUTANT cannot be bred with another MUTANT, but can breed with any other dragons and produce a non-MUTANT offspring.[/quote] Or if Cuckoos were bred with other cuckoos, their breed pool could be between two randomized breeds, they could have a randomized but high chance of the eggs they lay dying, or something like that. Whatever staff wanted. I personally prefer foff's suggestion, though. I feel like this distinction is incredibly important to maintain their value as a rare breed, which would probably be of the Limited status with Imps or Uncommon depending on what the staff prefer. More specifically, some things I like: Lore-wise, I feel like it's best that they have something to do with the chance for users to find unhatched eggs and hatch gen1s, like you said. So personally I think them having a chance of replacing eggs would be the best thing. I like the idea of a % being applied to the whole nest so that the likelihood increases with smaller nests, but there's still a chance of lots of eggs being "mutated" or "stolen" or whatever the lore ends up being implemented. It gives incentive to attach it to [i]any[/i] kind of nest, and I think that's pretty important. I also love that it gives users a reason to enjoy 1 or 2 egg nests, which I think the vast majority of the time users are pretty disappointed by. As for the visual representation, I think replacing an egg in the nest with "an unhatched cuckoo egg" art piece would be great. It could also add an item that users could find throughout the game the ways other unhatched eggs are found, lore-wise being stated as eggs that were placed in Beastclan nests and the like. [b]Overall, fantastic ideas! I really hope something like this ends up added to FR in the future![/b]
TL;DR - I have an overwhelming amount of support for this idea, but there are bits and pieces that I don't support or have alternate suggestions for.

Mutation Mechanics
I support everything in this section save for this bit:
Fishbone wrote:
Perhaps the effect could be stackable? (using more mutagen items on a nest increases the chance of mutations?)

If the mutation thing got applied, then I personally think that to maintain rarity and value in these dragons, they should be something only available through a small chance. Otherwise richer players will exploit this to mass-create mutated dragons and over a relatively short amount of time (I imagine within a few months) mutated dragons will be as common as ever. I'd ideally like to see this mutation thing be the "new gen1" if you will, something that takes it's sweet time losing it's rarity and high value, but to some extent always maintains a stable market and value, just like gen1's have done over these past few years on FR.

Cuckoos
I love this concept, I love the idea of only getting a breed through an item being introduced, and I even love the name and don't see why it wouldn't be a good one to name such a breed - it fits! haha

There is one thing, however, that I want to mention. I really love this addition that foff mentioned:
foff wrote:
In addition, this MUTANT cannot be bred with another MUTANT, but can breed with any other dragons and produce a non-MUTANT offspring.

Or if Cuckoos were bred with other cuckoos, their breed pool could be between two randomized breeds, they could have a randomized but high chance of the eggs they lay dying, or something like that. Whatever staff wanted. I personally prefer foff's suggestion, though. I feel like this distinction is incredibly important to maintain their value as a rare breed, which would probably be of the Limited status with Imps or Uncommon depending on what the staff prefer.

More specifically, some things I like: Lore-wise, I feel like it's best that they have something to do with the chance for users to find unhatched eggs and hatch gen1s, like you said. So personally I think them having a chance of replacing eggs would be the best thing. I like the idea of a % being applied to the whole nest so that the likelihood increases with smaller nests, but there's still a chance of lots of eggs being "mutated" or "stolen" or whatever the lore ends up being implemented. It gives incentive to attach it to any kind of nest, and I think that's pretty important. I also love that it gives users a reason to enjoy 1 or 2 egg nests, which I think the vast majority of the time users are pretty disappointed by.

As for the visual representation, I think replacing an egg in the nest with "an unhatched cuckoo egg" art piece would be great. It could also add an item that users could find throughout the game the ways other unhatched eggs are found, lore-wise being stated as eggs that were placed in Beastclan nests and the like.

Overall, fantastic ideas! I really hope something like this ends up added to FR in the future!
aBcTdao.png
ePOliyb.pngmTAp2ld.pngNlmYDAS.pngq9EEy5M.png
fdUVIfW.png
to PsychoticRomance 70834
ejtsBdV.png

Cute lil flyin' dergin
7fINQj7.gif

Kiwi's Hatchery
zkAFsLJ.png

Tiger head linking to my carrd
xztAvSq.png
Well thought out idea, I think. I'd like to see both of these
Well thought out idea, I think. I'd like to see both of these
I would love to see both ideas, especially cuckoo breed. I really don't know how administration could do it but I fully support this idea.
I would love to see both ideas, especially cuckoo breed. I really don't know how administration could do it but I fully support this idea.
Support to both ideas, although if mutagens were for gene mutations they probably wouldn't be used much (unless there is a mutation-exclusive gene) because you could just gene the parents instead of having a slight chance of getting exactly what you want but a slight chance with it to give genes that you didn't want at all; however, color mutations such as the mentioned melanism, leucisism, and albinism, or simply a chance for a color outside of the range, would be super cool
Support to both ideas, although if mutagens were for gene mutations they probably wouldn't be used much (unless there is a mutation-exclusive gene) because you could just gene the parents instead of having a slight chance of getting exactly what you want but a slight chance with it to give genes that you didn't want at all; however, color mutations such as the mentioned melanism, leucisism, and albinism, or simply a chance for a color outside of the range, would be super cool
evQCX9v.gifMmBygYl.gif 41722454605_fc7ec4942e_o.png
does anyone else get a pokerus vibe from this?

supported

i'd love an albino/melanistic dragon, etc etc, and cuckoo sounds fun too
does anyone else get a pokerus vibe from this?

supported

i'd love an albino/melanistic dragon, etc etc, and cuckoo sounds fun too
Toxas
Age 30+
Nonbinary AroAce
Fae/Faer Pronouns
+3 FR Time
I have ADHD.
Queer pride!
Autistic pride!
KT6uxx1.png

I subscribe to all of
my threads, you do
not need to ping me!
KT6uxx1.png 4PsCADg.png
6nn1D9N.png
sA2C1Ma.png
GLDFv6t.png
NZ9teu3.png
Support! I'd want so many Cuckoo dragons!
Support! I'd want so many Cuckoo dragons!
I think the idea of a Cuckoo dragon is great! I don't know about mutagens, though. So, support for the cuckoo, no support for the mutagens.
I'd like it if the cuckoo egg was added to the batch of eggs already there, though, and didn't replace any of them. When it is seen, it just looks like another egg-so a user not keeping track of how many eggs are in their nests might be surprised when a cuckoo hatches! It would probably have a rare chance of changing overnight. I think it would be bad if the cuckoo egg replaced the old eggs, because that would mean the cuckoo stole a water egg.
The only thing I don't get is how the cuckoo's coloration would work? Would all cuckoos have to be random like a gen one, or would they be a similar color to the parents? If that was the case, then trying get a cuckoo dragon by chance with the parents color scheme would be difficult.
However, if cuckoos could be bred after they hatch, I suppose they'd be the same as gen ones, then the user could just breed them like any other dragon. That way, you could get cuckoos in the color you want. I suppose there would be no such thing as a cuckoo scroll, though.
As for what deity made the cuckoos, I think it would be interesting if no deity admits to creating the cuckoos (on purpose or by accident.) Most of the flights think that they are a trick of Shadowbinder, but some think that the Arcanist made them by accident.
I'd like to make art for this breed, I might make a thread about it.
I think the idea of a Cuckoo dragon is great! I don't know about mutagens, though. So, support for the cuckoo, no support for the mutagens.
I'd like it if the cuckoo egg was added to the batch of eggs already there, though, and didn't replace any of them. When it is seen, it just looks like another egg-so a user not keeping track of how many eggs are in their nests might be surprised when a cuckoo hatches! It would probably have a rare chance of changing overnight. I think it would be bad if the cuckoo egg replaced the old eggs, because that would mean the cuckoo stole a water egg.
The only thing I don't get is how the cuckoo's coloration would work? Would all cuckoos have to be random like a gen one, or would they be a similar color to the parents? If that was the case, then trying get a cuckoo dragon by chance with the parents color scheme would be difficult.
However, if cuckoos could be bred after they hatch, I suppose they'd be the same as gen ones, then the user could just breed them like any other dragon. That way, you could get cuckoos in the color you want. I suppose there would be no such thing as a cuckoo scroll, though.
As for what deity made the cuckoos, I think it would be interesting if no deity admits to creating the cuckoos (on purpose or by accident.) Most of the flights think that they are a trick of Shadowbinder, but some think that the Arcanist made them by accident.
I'd like to make art for this breed, I might make a thread about it.
eMEGEDb.png ZNxgKR1.png
XbSdY0K.png Water Flight!
Krabbu.tumblr.com
KabutoMushii
pSM4PRm.png
vzB8uzj.png
I like these ideas! I hope that they end up being implemented in some way. Though I do think they should be strongly limited either by small breeding numbers or limited inheritence so that they remain a rarity.
I like these ideas! I hope that they end up being implemented in some way. Though I do think they should be strongly limited either by small breeding numbers or limited inheritence so that they remain a rarity.
This reminds me of something I was talking about with a fellow flight rising player, where you have a chance of hatching a new breed of dragon that could depend on many different factors.

one factor being a huge one since it would require quite a bit of new dragon breeds but is personally, my favorite. where for example for the water flight holiday, anyone within that flight has a chance to hatch a mutated dragon that only water flight can hatch and so on and so forth with the other holidays and other flights. But even with this new dragon breed you would have a super small change of hatching more even when you breed this new dragon. so when you breed any two dragons together or hatch a nest within the holiday time period you have maybe a 30% chance to hatch this new breed, but when this new dragon of yours matures and is ready to have children of their own they now have a 35% chance of hatching a dragon of the same breed. and as the line goes on the chances because higher with every generation. also so that other flights can breed these dragons as well they would have to get them from the auction house or trade they couldn't randomly spawn these new breed from other flights. This would take a whole year to come out completely with all dragons but I think all the dragons should be inspired from the flight. we would have a reason to have a finned dragon from a water flight or spinney dragon from ice flight, or a ghost like dragon from plague flight. there would be so many possibly and I know it would take quite a long while to come out with all this new art and such so I doubt it would happen but it still be amazing.

now the other idea is the same as the first one I've said in the sense you would have to breed it but many have a scroll or item that worked like a boon in order to get the chance to breed this new dragon, in this case it would be a lot less work in the sense it would only be introducing one dragon and not one for each flight. but even when you finally breed the dragon you would still have a small chance to breed the same one. only getting a higher percent the more generations it has behind it.

one more idea for mutation, maybe have dragons pull from their grandparents breed wise? like for example a wildclaw with a noc mother and wildclaw father being breed with a coatl who has both coatl parents has the change to not only hatch coatl and wildclaw hatchlings but maybe a noc hatchling as well? I know some people wouldn't like this so maybe make this something you could attach to the nest or dragon. I think this would bring new excitement to hatching nests.

This reminds me of something I was talking about with a fellow flight rising player, where you have a chance of hatching a new breed of dragon that could depend on many different factors.

one factor being a huge one since it would require quite a bit of new dragon breeds but is personally, my favorite. where for example for the water flight holiday, anyone within that flight has a chance to hatch a mutated dragon that only water flight can hatch and so on and so forth with the other holidays and other flights. But even with this new dragon breed you would have a super small change of hatching more even when you breed this new dragon. so when you breed any two dragons together or hatch a nest within the holiday time period you have maybe a 30% chance to hatch this new breed, but when this new dragon of yours matures and is ready to have children of their own they now have a 35% chance of hatching a dragon of the same breed. and as the line goes on the chances because higher with every generation. also so that other flights can breed these dragons as well they would have to get them from the auction house or trade they couldn't randomly spawn these new breed from other flights. This would take a whole year to come out completely with all dragons but I think all the dragons should be inspired from the flight. we would have a reason to have a finned dragon from a water flight or spinney dragon from ice flight, or a ghost like dragon from plague flight. there would be so many possibly and I know it would take quite a long while to come out with all this new art and such so I doubt it would happen but it still be amazing.

now the other idea is the same as the first one I've said in the sense you would have to breed it but many have a scroll or item that worked like a boon in order to get the chance to breed this new dragon, in this case it would be a lot less work in the sense it would only be introducing one dragon and not one for each flight. but even when you finally breed the dragon you would still have a small chance to breed the same one. only getting a higher percent the more generations it has behind it.

one more idea for mutation, maybe have dragons pull from their grandparents breed wise? like for example a wildclaw with a noc mother and wildclaw father being breed with a coatl who has both coatl parents has the change to not only hatch coatl and wildclaw hatchlings but maybe a noc hatchling as well? I know some people wouldn't like this so maybe make this something you could attach to the nest or dragon. I think this would bring new excitement to hatching nests.

C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
I like this idea. Support!
I like this idea. Support!
pyRjQqC.gifta6Zfgu.gifmTFIDPq.gifut6HnRp.gifY6C6Egj.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8