Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cuckoo Breed and Mutations Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@DragonSage

Okay, if it is through a mutagen, then yeah, it should be able to affect any egg in the nest. I was thinking of just a random mutation. (sorry, my brain is apparently not working...)

Yeah, there have been several suggestions.

I do agree, a mutation that a user can introduce into the nest via a mutagen should be able to affect all eggs. (the thread is coming back to me) I like the idea of having two different mutagens that could potentially affect two different areas of the dragon (ie nest mutagen perhaps affects color, parent mutagen affects genes things like that)

I also like the cuckoo idea as long as it is extra to the regular nest and not taking the place of one of the eggs.
@DragonSage

Okay, if it is through a mutagen, then yeah, it should be able to affect any egg in the nest. I was thinking of just a random mutation. (sorry, my brain is apparently not working...)

Yeah, there have been several suggestions.

I do agree, a mutation that a user can introduce into the nest via a mutagen should be able to affect all eggs. (the thread is coming back to me) I like the idea of having two different mutagens that could potentially affect two different areas of the dragon (ie nest mutagen perhaps affects color, parent mutagen affects genes things like that)

I also like the cuckoo idea as long as it is extra to the regular nest and not taking the place of one of the eggs.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@DragonSage
I've changed the thread title to more accurately reflect the ideas being discussed, as you suggested.
I'll admit I haven't thought about this in a while, so it's nice to see it again. I'd love to see a cuckoo breed especially xD
@DragonSage
I've changed the thread title to more accurately reflect the ideas being discussed, as you suggested.
I'll admit I haven't thought about this in a while, so it's nice to see it again. I'd love to see a cuckoo breed especially xD
Tur1hmQ.gif
I still think something Cuckoo breed would be an interesting addition to the game, especially if it is toggleable so those that don't want it popping up can avoid it
I still think something Cuckoo breed would be an interesting addition to the game, especially if it is toggleable so those that don't want it popping up can avoid it
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I'd like the idea of it already have a chance of mutation, like 1 or 2 percent, and then you add like, 10 or 20 percent to each mutagen.

Anyway, bye!
I'd like the idea of it already have a chance of mutation, like 1 or 2 percent, and then you add like, 10 or 20 percent to each mutagen.

Anyway, bye!
giphy.gif
@Fishbone This is about the Cuckoo suggestion. When a Cuckoo egg hatches, some breeds will push other eggs out of the nest. So when a cuckoo boon is applied, if we're drawing heavily from real-world inspiration, it would make more sense if an egg in a nest is replaced. It would also prevent 5-egg nests from being excluded from this mechanic. Ex: You breed an imp and a fae, and they lay 3 eggs, you use the boon, and one of the eggs, randomly chosen, are replaced with an egg that will hatch into a cuckoo. After the boon is used there are 3 eggs in the nest. [quote]"Cuckoos can be brood parasites, which means they only lay their eggs in the nests of other birds"~Wikipedia.[/quote] It would be an interesting mechanic to implement. An in-game cuckoo breeding pair only being able to put eggs in a nest that is already laid. Perhaps to prevent l33t hax, the nest can only be laid before the 'incubate' button is first pushed, so you have to wait the full 5 days before hatching. Or it resets the counter, perhaps. Since many cuckoos tend to be sneaky about their egg drops, it seems to me that the most logical way of acquiring the G1 boons/scrolls would be through a gathering mechanic. This showed up in your lair while your dragons were out hunting! There's no reason for it to be locked to one option (foraging, fishing, scavenging) or level by that logic, though the item itself should probably be at a shiny star rarity. For the first it should act like any other "unhatched egg", in that the genes are all basic and colors randomized. Anyways, those are my thoughts on the subject! I may add more to this the more I think about it. It's interesting!
@Fishbone

This is about the Cuckoo suggestion.

When a Cuckoo egg hatches, some breeds will push other eggs out of the nest. So when a cuckoo boon is applied, if we're drawing heavily from real-world inspiration, it would make more sense if an egg in a nest is replaced. It would also prevent 5-egg nests from being excluded from this mechanic. Ex: You breed an imp and a fae, and they lay 3 eggs, you use the boon, and one of the eggs, randomly chosen, are replaced with an egg that will hatch into a cuckoo. After the boon is used there are 3 eggs in the nest.
Quote:
"Cuckoos can be brood parasites, which means they only lay their eggs in the nests of other birds"~Wikipedia.
It would be an interesting mechanic to implement. An in-game cuckoo breeding pair only being able to put eggs in a nest that is already laid. Perhaps to prevent l33t hax, the nest can only be laid before the 'incubate' button is first pushed, so you have to wait the full 5 days before hatching. Or it resets the counter, perhaps.

Since many cuckoos tend to be sneaky about their egg drops, it seems to me that the most logical way of acquiring the G1 boons/scrolls would be through a gathering mechanic. This showed up in your lair while your dragons were out hunting! There's no reason for it to be locked to one option (foraging, fishing, scavenging) or level by that logic, though the item itself should probably be at a shiny star rarity. For the first it should act like any other "unhatched egg", in that the genes are all basic and colors randomized.

Anyways, those are my thoughts on the subject! I may add more to this the more I think about it. It's interesting!
tDeKDnH.pngKtLTLcK.png
heavy support for cuckoos. That is just so cool.

heavy support for cuckoos. That is just so cool.

| art pinglist

| sales forum
| tumblr

tumblr_inline_njw5jjRGaO1qg2i5p.gif+2hours FR time
[quote name="EpsilonMew" date=2016-11-24 16:51:17] This is about the Cuckoo suggestion. When a Cuckoo egg hatches, some breeds will push other eggs out of the nest. So when a cuckoo boon is applied, if we're drawing heavily from real-world inspiration, it would make more sense if an egg in a nest is replaced. It would also prevent 5-egg nests from being excluded from this mechanic. Ex: You breed an imp and a fae, and they lay 3 eggs, you use the boon, and one of the eggs, randomly chosen, are replaced with an egg that will hatch into a cuckoo. After the boon is used there are 3 eggs in the nest. [quote]"Cuckoos can be brood parasites, which means they only lay their eggs in the nests of other birds"~Wikipedia.[/quote] It would be an interesting mechanic to implement. An in-game cuckoo breeding pair only being able to put eggs in a nest that is already laid. Perhaps to prevent l33t hax, the nest can only be laid before the 'incubate' button is first pushed, so you have to wait the full 5 days before hatching. Or it resets the counter, perhaps. Since many cuckoos tend to be sneaky about their egg drops, it seems to me that the most logical way of acquiring the G1 boons/scrolls would be through a gathering mechanic. This showed up in your lair while your dragons were out hunting! There's no reason for it to be locked to one option (foraging, fishing, scavenging) or level by that logic, though the item itself should probably be at a shiny star rarity. For the first it should act like any other "unhatched egg", in that the genes are all basic and colors randomized. Anyways, those are my thoughts on the subject! I may add more to this the more I think about it. It's interesting! [/quote] Gathering for scrolls and G1 boons is a good idea. Restricting cuckoo pairs to replacing eggs, not so much. The "tricking other dragons into caring for their young" thing can be lore-only. It's just too much trouble to implement, and would generally be a pain for the players. On another lore note, cuckoos could have a breed wide tendency towards disproportionate retribution, like cowbirds. Cowbirds are basically the mafia of tiny birds.
EpsilonMew wrote on 2016-11-24:
This is about the Cuckoo suggestion.

When a Cuckoo egg hatches, some breeds will push other eggs out of the nest. So when a cuckoo boon is applied, if we're drawing heavily from real-world inspiration, it would make more sense if an egg in a nest is replaced. It would also prevent 5-egg nests from being excluded from this mechanic. Ex: You breed an imp and a fae, and they lay 3 eggs, you use the boon, and one of the eggs, randomly chosen, are replaced with an egg that will hatch into a cuckoo. After the boon is used there are 3 eggs in the nest.
Quote:
"Cuckoos can be brood parasites, which means they only lay their eggs in the nests of other birds"~Wikipedia.
It would be an interesting mechanic to implement. An in-game cuckoo breeding pair only being able to put eggs in a nest that is already laid. Perhaps to prevent l33t hax, the nest can only be laid before the 'incubate' button is first pushed, so you have to wait the full 5 days before hatching. Or it resets the counter, perhaps.

Since many cuckoos tend to be sneaky about their egg drops, it seems to me that the most logical way of acquiring the G1 boons/scrolls would be through a gathering mechanic. This showed up in your lair while your dragons were out hunting! There's no reason for it to be locked to one option (foraging, fishing, scavenging) or level by that logic, though the item itself should probably be at a shiny star rarity. For the first it should act like any other "unhatched egg", in that the genes are all basic and colors randomized.

Anyways, those are my thoughts on the subject! I may add more to this the more I think about it. It's interesting!

Gathering for scrolls and G1 boons is a good idea. Restricting cuckoo pairs to replacing eggs, not so much. The "tricking other dragons into caring for their young" thing can be lore-only. It's just too much trouble to implement, and would generally be a pain for the players.

On another lore note, cuckoos could have a breed wide tendency towards disproportionate retribution, like cowbirds. Cowbirds are basically the mafia of tiny birds.
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
I don't have anything to add here (I've basically used up all my brain power on counter-suggestions in a couple different threads this morning) but full support for the a Cuckoo. I think it'd be cool if it just added an extra egg, except in five egg nests where it would make full lore sense for the Cuckoo to say "woah this nest is full! I'll kick one out." I think there would have to be some guarantee of SOMETHING happening if you had to buy an item to lure the cuckoo, unless it cost less than, say, a scatterscroll; I know that's not much for some people, but for plenty of people it's still a lot.
I don't have anything to add here (I've basically used up all my brain power on counter-suggestions in a couple different threads this morning) but full support for the a Cuckoo. I think it'd be cool if it just added an extra egg, except in five egg nests where it would make full lore sense for the Cuckoo to say "woah this nest is full! I'll kick one out." I think there would have to be some guarantee of SOMETHING happening if you had to buy an item to lure the cuckoo, unless it cost less than, say, a scatterscroll; I know that's not much for some people, but for plenty of people it's still a lot.
leS9e0K.png
I support this as long as you need an item to induce the chance of a mutation.
HOWEVER I would prefer it if the item has to be used the moment you pick the parents.
So that you can't increase your chances on getting mutations by oly applying it to 5 egg nests.
I support this as long as you need an item to induce the chance of a mutation.
HOWEVER I would prefer it if the item has to be used the moment you pick the parents.
So that you can't increase your chances on getting mutations by oly applying it to 5 egg nests.
pontails_v2_0_by_viporion-d64jr46.gif
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Not even Jupiter can take back a lost oppertunity
I came to this site after playing Lioden for a while and, considering that mutations were a really cool aspect of Lioden, I would absolutely love to see mutations here!

Full support!
I came to this site after playing Lioden for a while and, considering that mutations were a really cool aspect of Lioden, I would absolutely love to see mutations here!

Full support!
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8