Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cut skin/accent makers slack.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 81 82
Honestly this game is T for Teen and the amount of people that cannot handle cartoon gore is kinda irritating, especially considering. You know. PLAGUE is a thing.

I want more gore. MORE.
Honestly this game is T for Teen and the amount of people that cannot handle cartoon gore is kinda irritating, especially considering. You know. PLAGUE is a thing.

I want more gore. MORE.
Δ KUJJm1Z.gif 6XeGCFj.gif Ω
it would be a trivial amount of work to add a flag to the skins, you'd have to run through them all by hand to set the flag, the only real work is modifying queries to show/hide them.

as it is, i'm not a fan of gore. can happily look at it though. there's a demand for it, so when it was previously allowed, why not now...
it would be a trivial amount of work to add a flag to the skins, you'd have to run through them all by hand to set the flag, the only real work is modifying queries to show/hide them.

as it is, i'm not a fan of gore. can happily look at it though. there's a demand for it, so when it was previously allowed, why not now...
gBiG1sU.png Preview Accents On Scrys!
List of new colors and HTML Values
Click the art to go to the artists!
Need help with Coding? Just Ask!
I'm Friendly, but blunt on occasion.
Need Help Melting Mats? Ask Here!
jdf0AYP.png
I totally support this.
When I joined fr I immediately fell for Plague flight because of the whole illness, decay, and goreiness and the nests are probably my favorite part. Thus making skins and accents with gore following this theme only makes sense. I know I've made some Plaguey accents, so the gore thing is irritating. I made one with muscles showing and it got accepted and when I made a second one months later I had to make it a lot less red to get it accepted, even less red than a previously accepted one I made.
I understand not having extreme gore, but changing the rules on gore is horrible because that means gorey skins/accents that break these new rules are already on the site and it creates an unfairness to skin/makers.
I totally support this.
When I joined fr I immediately fell for Plague flight because of the whole illness, decay, and goreiness and the nests are probably my favorite part. Thus making skins and accents with gore following this theme only makes sense. I know I've made some Plaguey accents, so the gore thing is irritating. I made one with muscles showing and it got accepted and when I made a second one months later I had to make it a lot less red to get it accepted, even less red than a previously accepted one I made.
I understand not having extreme gore, but changing the rules on gore is horrible because that means gorey skins/accents that break these new rules are already on the site and it creates an unfairness to skin/makers.
EMPTY.png
Accent Shop!
King / Crows
« he/they »
FR+3
Ping me
Art by me
fr%20banenr.png

[center]@Bowno Support. Sure the site is rated T, but only because of the online interactions. Gore for a T rated anything is almost always a hard "Meh, maybe a splatter?" Though you have to think that there is a flight (Plague) that's been given darker themes, and also skins that are just muscle and bone. How is that any different from blood? They allow skins that are related to death and disease, and arent those dragons 'suffering'? [item=Skin: Plagued Imperial] As this one above, the Imp is riddled with disease. Isnt that gore? How is this any different from blood? [item=Skin: Zombie Plague] And if they're so picky about what goes though, how did this one make it? The rules are in place for a specific reason, but they can be a little tight and often selective. I don't think they'll change it anytime soon, but one can hope.[/center]
@Bowno
Support.
Sure the site is rated T, but only because of the online interactions.
Gore for a T rated anything is almost always a hard "Meh, maybe a splatter?" Though you have to think that there is a flight (Plague) that's been given darker themes, and also skins that are just muscle and bone. How is that any different from blood?
They allow skins that are related to death and disease, and arent those dragons 'suffering'?
Skin: Plagued Imperial
As this one above, the Imp is riddled with disease. Isnt that gore? How is this any different from blood?
Skin: Zombie Plague
And if they're so picky about what goes though, how did this one make it?

The rules are in place for a specific reason, but they can be a little tight and often selective. I don't think they'll change it anytime soon, but one can hope.
[b]Support.[/b] There needs to be more consistent communication with the userbase as a whole about what is and isn't allowed for gore. A prime example is @Decay and their entry last year (apologies about the ping) in the RoR Skin contest. They received an HONORABLE MENTION for that skin. Then when they submitted it, it was denied and Undel herself said it would never be accepted because it was too gorey. Why the heck give it an honorable mention, then? How does that make ANY sense? Add to this the recent statement that dragons cannot be shown as being in pain. I understand that rules change, but there are plenty of skins and accents previously accepted and currently being accepted that show some type of pain. "Muscles", one of the 2013 RoR skins, is literally a PC female who's been skinned. How is that not painful? How is having a disease in general not painful? This isn't a good statement to base the denying of a skin over because it's so easy to interpret differently between each individual. So, [b]Tl;dr[/b]: I'm for the clear-stated, public explanation over what kind of gore isn't and is allowed. I love gore accents and skins, but I understand that T rated sites aren't M rated sites. Even still, consistency would be nice. [quote name="Azuri" date=2015-08-20 13:15:31] As for age, people can easily lie about their age to get past these sensors, we do need to assume there are some users below the age of 13 on here. [/quote] Also, no. I don't agree with this at all. If someone lies about their age on a 13 and over pet site, they forfeit any right to argue that something is too mature for them. These items aren't MEANT for kids under 13. It is understandable if users 13 and older are sensitive to the gore, but I don't think catering to anyone younger than the explicitly stated minimum age requirement is necessary in the least.
Support. There needs to be more consistent communication with the userbase as a whole about what is and isn't allowed for gore. A prime example is @Decay and their entry last year (apologies about the ping) in the RoR Skin contest. They received an HONORABLE MENTION for that skin. Then when they submitted it, it was denied and Undel herself said it would never be accepted because it was too gorey. Why the heck give it an honorable mention, then? How does that make ANY sense?

Add to this the recent statement that dragons cannot be shown as being in pain. I understand that rules change, but there are plenty of skins and accents previously accepted and currently being accepted that show some type of pain. "Muscles", one of the 2013 RoR skins, is literally a PC female who's been skinned. How is that not painful? How is having a disease in general not painful? This isn't a good statement to base the denying of a skin over because it's so easy to interpret differently between each individual.

So, Tl;dr: I'm for the clear-stated, public explanation over what kind of gore isn't and is allowed. I love gore accents and skins, but I understand that T rated sites aren't M rated sites. Even still, consistency would be nice.

Azuri wrote on 2015-08-20:
As for age, people can easily lie about their age to get past these sensors, we do need to assume there are some users below the age of 13 on here.

Also, no. I don't agree with this at all. If someone lies about their age on a 13 and over pet site, they forfeit any right to argue that something is too mature for them. These items aren't MEANT for kids under 13. It is understandable if users 13 and older are sensitive to the gore, but I don't think catering to anyone younger than the explicitly stated minimum age requirement is necessary in the least.
I am very unfond of gore... but that is MY personal decision in my lair. I have circus folk.... not a ton of gore there..

But after reading through and seeing the examples there has to be a more concise and consistent set of guidelines. So support for clarity and all the people wanting gory plague rotting dergs.
I am very unfond of gore... but that is MY personal decision in my lair. I have circus folk.... not a ton of gore there..

But after reading through and seeing the examples there has to be a more concise and consistent set of guidelines. So support for clarity and all the people wanting gory plague rotting dergs.
Stuff will one day go here.
I have a dragon clad head to toe in bloody bandages. Minor gore accents/skins should definitely be allowed.
I have a dragon clad head to toe in bloody bandages. Minor gore accents/skins should definitely be allowed.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Support. I mean, Emperors are literally things of nightmares... compared to a gore accent, where the accent seems tame in comparison. Also Plague flight is built on such dark themes, it makes no sense to reject submissions that only show a little blood, etc.
Support. I mean, Emperors are literally things of nightmares... compared to a gore accent, where the accent seems tame in comparison. Also Plague flight is built on such dark themes, it makes no sense to reject submissions that only show a little blood, etc.
Leader of the Bear Army
b4PU1hl.png
Just have one thing to say on this issue. Not everyone that VIEWS the website will be over 13, I know that some people like to have their young children watch them as they play the site, and that COULD be the reason for the stiffening of the rules. (I don't know if it is or if some people just complained or what). Also, not everyone, no matter their age, is resistant to gore, nor should they be required to be. Some people might join the website and never realize exactly what plague flight is all about (for instance, I haven't read the lore of the site, so I only know what I have read about emperors on the forums). They just join to breed pretty dragons.

That being said, while I don't support (as I said earlier) truly horrific images, with plague flight being a, you know, flight, there should be allowed SOME gore and things like that. I also agree not catering to people who lie about their age to join the site. From what I have seen of other issues, I have the feeling that either some people were getting too graphic in their submissions, or they had a small group complain about the goriness, and they reacted (think of some of the naming issues where certain words become banned from use because a small group complains about it)

I truly do think that the people who accept the submissions should post somewhere, explicitly, the rules and guidelines for the skin submissions. What exactly is 'Dragon Suffering', what would be considered too gory, and also perhaps why the rules have been tightened since some skins came out.

Quote removed by @JCstitches in accordance with the Terms of Use.
Just have one thing to say on this issue. Not everyone that VIEWS the website will be over 13, I know that some people like to have their young children watch them as they play the site, and that COULD be the reason for the stiffening of the rules. (I don't know if it is or if some people just complained or what). Also, not everyone, no matter their age, is resistant to gore, nor should they be required to be. Some people might join the website and never realize exactly what plague flight is all about (for instance, I haven't read the lore of the site, so I only know what I have read about emperors on the forums). They just join to breed pretty dragons.

That being said, while I don't support (as I said earlier) truly horrific images, with plague flight being a, you know, flight, there should be allowed SOME gore and things like that. I also agree not catering to people who lie about their age to join the site. From what I have seen of other issues, I have the feeling that either some people were getting too graphic in their submissions, or they had a small group complain about the goriness, and they reacted (think of some of the naming issues where certain words become banned from use because a small group complains about it)

I truly do think that the people who accept the submissions should post somewhere, explicitly, the rules and guidelines for the skin submissions. What exactly is 'Dragon Suffering', what would be considered too gory, and also perhaps why the rules have been tightened since some skins came out.

Quote removed by @JCstitches in accordance with the Terms of Use.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Bowno My issue isn't with the gore itself it's the fact that skin and accent artists aren't allowed to draw fresh blood on the mouth. That seems pretty dumb to me. Blood isn't a terrible thing. Hell it could be ketchup. Seriously I get that it's in relation to internal bleeding but it doesn't mean it's the dragons blood to begin with. I honestly don't get why we have a putrid fleshy rotting landscape with a dragon goddess with giant boils on her back but we aren't able to show blood around the lips or eyes.
@Bowno My issue isn't with the gore itself it's the fact that skin and accent artists aren't allowed to draw fresh blood on the mouth. That seems pretty dumb to me. Blood isn't a terrible thing. Hell it could be ketchup. Seriously I get that it's in relation to internal bleeding but it doesn't mean it's the dragons blood to begin with. I honestly don't get why we have a putrid fleshy rotting landscape with a dragon goddess with giant boils on her back but we aren't able to show blood around the lips or eyes.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 81 82