Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cut skin/accent makers slack.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 81 82
Some of the RoR skins go full Bolton. I don't see how blood (or RED as the case may be) is more gory and traumatizing than FLAYING.

Support.
Some of the RoR skins go full Bolton. I don't see how blood (or RED as the case may be) is more gory and traumatizing than FLAYING.

Support.
m2utnBV.png
And on your left you'll see the only unemployed person in the entire Lightning flight.
(If you respond to me, please ping! No posting history is a drag, man.)
Support. I understand not wanting excessive gore. That's fine. But minor gore, cuts, and blood should be acceptable. We have a whole flight dedicated to gore-y stuff. One look at the Plaguebringer will show that. One look at their nests will show that. One look at the plague lands will show that. As long as it's not excessive gore it should be fine, but the current restrictions are a bit too much.
Support. I understand not wanting excessive gore. That's fine. But minor gore, cuts, and blood should be acceptable. We have a whole flight dedicated to gore-y stuff. One look at the Plaguebringer will show that. One look at their nests will show that. One look at the plague lands will show that. As long as it's not excessive gore it should be fine, but the current restrictions are a bit too much.
Wev0kLvs_o.png...... WvEXipG.png
rI18gRz.png
OPFWPxg.png
mlHpBMC.png
ll0CfnD.png
7gibfJe.png
i do happen to have a 'bloody' accent, one that just makes the dragon look like its killed someone. i remember being on a different pinglist for a different bloody accent, which was basically the same as my other one, and yet it was declined.

like? that doesn't make a lot of sense. either way, support!
i do happen to have a 'bloody' accent, one that just makes the dragon look like its killed someone. i remember being on a different pinglist for a different bloody accent, which was basically the same as my other one, and yet it was declined.

like? that doesn't make a lot of sense. either way, support!
Support. I'd love to see a lot more gore accents/skins, to be honest. It's kind of rude to turn away an accent or skin with gore an' blood because the derg wearing it is seen as "suffering". Plus, you made a good point about plague. It's kind of obvious that dragons there "suffer" (not really), but nothings said about that. (I love plague, so I'm not trying to say anything bad about it)

Support. I'd love to see a lot more gore accents/skins, to be honest. It's kind of rude to turn away an accent or skin with gore an' blood because the derg wearing it is seen as "suffering". Plus, you made a good point about plague. It's kind of obvious that dragons there "suffer" (not really), but nothings said about that. (I love plague, so I'm not trying to say anything bad about it)

iceb2_by_ovophobia-d9cq66h.png
support I'm a massive fan of gore (well fake gore that is I do get a bit squeemish from actual gore) and they do often seem to be a bit clashing and inconcistent. and yeah plague flight I'd love some gorey accents for my dragons (some actually need it ) this kinda makes me nervous about my own skin I got around, it's not massivly gorey but it does show some blood splatter and scaring on the dragon as well as blood on the claws
support I'm a massive fan of gore (well fake gore that is I do get a bit squeemish from actual gore) and they do often seem to be a bit clashing and inconcistent. and yeah plague flight I'd love some gorey accents for my dragons (some actually need it ) this kinda makes me nervous about my own skin I got around, it's not massivly gorey but it does show some blood splatter and scaring on the dragon as well as blood on the claws
DVcXRyP.png
Support. If you look at any of the older user made accents you would see that the rules have gotten more and more stict over time. They should be returned to how they were
Support. If you look at any of the older user made accents you would see that the rules have gotten more and more stict over time. They should be returned to how they were
IJJc6Sg.png 6I84XUY.gif wXPzM1Z.gif
Support! Mostly, anyway. :'u While I feel that crazy over-the-top EXTREME BLOODFEST skins/accents are a little much, I don't see any problems with red runes or a few bleeding wounds.

Honestly, if we have Plague Flight, flayed skins, and skins/accents with guts and bone-exposing injuries and pustules and boils, there is absolutely no reason to ban all blood. :V Like, what, a bleeding cut is "Suffering" but a creature covered with infested (but bloodless) wounds with its organs showing isn't...?
Support! Mostly, anyway. :'u While I feel that crazy over-the-top EXTREME BLOODFEST skins/accents are a little much, I don't see any problems with red runes or a few bleeding wounds.

Honestly, if we have Plague Flight, flayed skins, and skins/accents with guts and bone-exposing injuries and pustules and boils, there is absolutely no reason to ban all blood. :V Like, what, a bleeding cut is "Suffering" but a creature covered with infested (but bloodless) wounds with its organs showing isn't...?
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I just had a thought while looking through this again.

What if a new skin/accent system could be put into place for future submissions, with "clean" normal accents in one separate pile and "bloody" or "gore" accents/skins in another, with an option to toggle visibility on/off in your account settings like the socket change option?

Ofc you could argue "but it's too much work to reclassify all of the accents!" but I don't see why they couldn't take suggestions/submissions for an accent that needs to be tossed into the "I don't want to see this" pile. (I.E someone with trypophobia gets really uncomfortable seeing an accent where a dragon is covered in holes/tatters/spots. They could then opt to "report" the accent via normal means and get it transferred to the separate category.)

That way we could still have body horror accents like the emperors/cut up spirals/multiple eye accents, gruesome plaguey things like these , blood covered dragons etc. and have the option for squeamish users to simply "hide" them via account settings since they'd be categorized separately in the database.
Win/win.

Though how easy that would be to implement is another story, but it seems like the best route.
I just had a thought while looking through this again.

What if a new skin/accent system could be put into place for future submissions, with "clean" normal accents in one separate pile and "bloody" or "gore" accents/skins in another, with an option to toggle visibility on/off in your account settings like the socket change option?

Ofc you could argue "but it's too much work to reclassify all of the accents!" but I don't see why they couldn't take suggestions/submissions for an accent that needs to be tossed into the "I don't want to see this" pile. (I.E someone with trypophobia gets really uncomfortable seeing an accent where a dragon is covered in holes/tatters/spots. They could then opt to "report" the accent via normal means and get it transferred to the separate category.)

That way we could still have body horror accents like the emperors/cut up spirals/multiple eye accents, gruesome plaguey things like these , blood covered dragons etc. and have the option for squeamish users to simply "hide" them via account settings since they'd be categorized separately in the database.
Win/win.

Though how easy that would be to implement is another story, but it seems like the best route.
V8I0CBG.gif
@LilithServil
That's actually a pretty interesting idea. A LOT of work.. But very interesting, especially with not everyone being okay with any type of gore thing you mentioned.
@LilithServil
That's actually a pretty interesting idea. A LOT of work.. But very interesting, especially with not everyone being okay with any type of gore thing you mentioned.
TOW2n3q.png
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but I need to point out that in the Coliseum it is possible for dragons and beasts to bleed to death.
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but I need to point out that in the Coliseum it is possible for dragons and beasts to bleed to death.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 81 82