Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cut skin/accent makers slack.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 81 82
One of the things I noticed when reading the last few pages of the accent problem thread is that the inconsistency might be caused by different people reviewing the skin.

I mean, think of a word such as 'Gore'. What I consider gore, and what Bowno, thecatsred, and azuri consider gore might have very little relation to each other. Same thing with 'suffering' and words like that. So it could be a case of one person being a bit stricter in their definition of 'gore' and 'suffering' and another not being as strict.

I am really rather neutral on this, I really don't want to see truly horrific skins on dragons, but again we do have a plague flight and I can also take the slightly gory stuff. I might not like it, but I can just scroll past it.
One of the things I noticed when reading the last few pages of the accent problem thread is that the inconsistency might be caused by different people reviewing the skin.

I mean, think of a word such as 'Gore'. What I consider gore, and what Bowno, thecatsred, and azuri consider gore might have very little relation to each other. Same thing with 'suffering' and words like that. So it could be a case of one person being a bit stricter in their definition of 'gore' and 'suffering' and another not being as strict.

I am really rather neutral on this, I really don't want to see truly horrific skins on dragons, but again we do have a plague flight and I can also take the slightly gory stuff. I might not like it, but I can just scroll past it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Zaltys" date=2015-08-19 23:31:38] This game is rated Teen, which is far more restrictive than some of you seem to think. They can't allow gore and such without bumping the rating up to Mature. Teen rating only allows for minimal blood (such as the bandages) and violence. Anything above that is rated M. [/quote] I agree with this. This site wasn't meant to be rated Mmmm, was it? Yes, some people are a bit.younger or some can't stand it. Even I can't stand toooooo much. But flowing runes the color red.... that isn't even b-l-o-o-d is a tad strict. What about red tribe markings? That could simply be paint.
Zaltys wrote on 2015-08-19:
This game is rated Teen, which is far more restrictive than some of you seem to think. They can't allow gore and such without bumping the rating up to Mature.

Teen rating only allows for minimal blood (such as the bandages) and violence. Anything above that is rated M.
I agree with this. This site wasn't meant to be rated Mmmm, was it? Yes, some people are a bit.younger or some can't stand it. Even I can't stand toooooo much. But flowing runes the color red.... that isn't even b-l-o-o-d is a tad strict. What about red tribe markings? That could simply be paint.
T3TuubO.png
i agree it's strict, but i think i see what exactly they're rejecting?

they're specifically rejecting open, fresh, bleeding wounds (cuts in particular). that's why you see general gore, blood splatters, cross-sections etc. in these approved skins.

it's a... really bizarre rule, but i don't necessarily think it's inconsistent? atleast, that's from what i observed on the examples!

i do support letting up the restrictions if it can be regulated appropriately, but i see what they're actually rejecting (even if i don't necessarily agree).
i agree it's strict, but i think i see what exactly they're rejecting?

they're specifically rejecting open, fresh, bleeding wounds (cuts in particular). that's why you see general gore, blood splatters, cross-sections etc. in these approved skins.

it's a... really bizarre rule, but i don't necessarily think it's inconsistent? atleast, that's from what i observed on the examples!

i do support letting up the restrictions if it can be regulated appropriately, but i see what they're actually rejecting (even if i don't necessarily agree).
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
Please do.
I want all the gory skins and accents forever.
Please do.
I want all the gory skins and accents forever.
@thecatsred
How's a snow leopard accent bloody, and the one you said exposed ribs/stomach is just a bunch of purple gothic flowers. no blood. The ones implying burning from the inside out... Dragons may NOT be suffering; ESPECIALLY fire flight dragons. And the cucumber slice spiral? That... Is more cute. It's not even an accent MADE about suffering really, It's simply a cute little sliced cucumber thing. No blood. None of these i said, in my eyes, are too suffering. The scars aren't even bloody, either. They might not be quite as painful as they were first time, either. Snappers are pretty strong, too.
@thecatsred
How's a snow leopard accent bloody, and the one you said exposed ribs/stomach is just a bunch of purple gothic flowers. no blood. The ones implying burning from the inside out... Dragons may NOT be suffering; ESPECIALLY fire flight dragons. And the cucumber slice spiral? That... Is more cute. It's not even an accent MADE about suffering really, It's simply a cute little sliced cucumber thing. No blood. None of these i said, in my eyes, are too suffering. The scars aren't even bloody, either. They might not be quite as painful as they were first time, either. Snappers are pretty strong, too.
T3TuubO.png
@dragoncrystal

I was going thru these at work so I probably mistyped the #s of a few of these...but also did you not get...my sarcasm....in the post...
@dragoncrystal

I was going thru these at work so I probably mistyped the #s of a few of these...but also did you not get...my sarcasm....in the post...

Hi
I am the accent maker that made binary ketchup

and i can tell you that it was denied atleast 4 times before i got it approved in its current state. It was denied for the classic it is showing the dragon in pain and took many revisions to get right. In the end it was a combination of darkening the red and removing some drips but it came down to the accent moderator specifically telling me what i needed to do to get it approved.
A lot of the problem with gore accents being denied is the lack of communication we receive, we get stock answers which is fine most of the time but in cases such as gore often the accent maker needs more information as to what is wrong
i know naakhum who made bloodmage, now renamed dark mage had a lot of problems with communication as to what exactly was wrong with the accent being told one thing and then another.
They change the rules last year regarding gore accents around RoR time but have not stated anywhere this happened, the only way you found out was buy submitting what would be considered a 'gore' accent, ranging from actually gore to just bold on a dragon.

Its this sheer lack of communication that is causing the majority of the problems in my opinion
Hi
I am the accent maker that made binary ketchup

and i can tell you that it was denied atleast 4 times before i got it approved in its current state. It was denied for the classic it is showing the dragon in pain and took many revisions to get right. In the end it was a combination of darkening the red and removing some drips but it came down to the accent moderator specifically telling me what i needed to do to get it approved.
A lot of the problem with gore accents being denied is the lack of communication we receive, we get stock answers which is fine most of the time but in cases such as gore often the accent maker needs more information as to what is wrong
i know naakhum who made bloodmage, now renamed dark mage had a lot of problems with communication as to what exactly was wrong with the accent being told one thing and then another.
They change the rules last year regarding gore accents around RoR time but have not stated anywhere this happened, the only way you found out was buy submitting what would be considered a 'gore' accent, ranging from actually gore to just bold on a dragon.

Its this sheer lack of communication that is causing the majority of the problems in my opinion
jqiTmDt.png
@Maybels
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm sorry you had to go through all that though :C
@Maybels
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm sorry you had to go through all that though :C
TOW2n3q.png
@bowno
its alright, the commissioner of the accent was really good with the whole thing tbh which i am grateful for :)
@bowno
its alright, the commissioner of the accent was really good with the whole thing tbh which i am grateful for :)
jqiTmDt.png
its all cartoony anyway who would get bothered over a drawing thats not even remotely realistic looking.
its all cartoony anyway who would get bothered over a drawing thats not even remotely realistic looking.
Someone cried to mommy again. R.I.P.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 81 82