Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cut skin/accent makers slack.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 81 82
[quote name="SourPlacebo" date=2015-08-19 22:05:10] Support. This is a T rated site, and we have an entire flight dedicated to disease and decay. I don't know what you were expecting. [/quote] And they can always limit blood to "minor wounds" or something if people are worried about super-realistic gore.
SourPlacebo wrote on 2015-08-19:
Support.

This is a T rated site, and we have an entire flight dedicated to disease and decay.
I don't know what you were expecting.

And they can always limit blood to "minor wounds" or something if people are worried about super-realistic gore.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
[quote name="DeepflowManah" date=2015-08-20 10:39:05] [quote name="SourPlacebo" date=2015-08-19 22:05:10] Support. This is a T rated site, and we have an entire flight dedicated to disease and decay. I don't know what you were expecting. [/quote] And they can always limit blood to "minor wounds" or something if people are worried about super-realistic gore. [/quote] This is the problem though. What is a "minor wound"? Have you seen the referenced piece in the "accent problems" thread where it's literally, "red is not allowed"? Why is this okay? [skin=6839][skin=6452] But not this? [img]https://36.media.tumblr.com/faa9b9192ff73ee48b8910b2f380d265/tumblr_ns8uw2ojjN1tfw474o1_400.png[/img]
DeepflowManah wrote on 2015-08-20:
SourPlacebo wrote on 2015-08-19:
Support.

This is a T rated site, and we have an entire flight dedicated to disease and decay.
I don't know what you were expecting.

And they can always limit blood to "minor wounds" or something if people are worried about super-realistic gore.

This is the problem though. What is a "minor wound"?
Have you seen the referenced piece in the "accent problems" thread where it's literally, "red is not allowed"?

Why is this okay?

But not this?
tumblr_ns8uw2ojjN1tfw474o1_400.png

Y3kY2LN.png
Support, I mean, a whittle cut isn't going to hurt anyone, and we have Plague for crying out loud... Guts and decay... Hello...
Support, I mean, a whittle cut isn't going to hurt anyone, and we have Plague for crying out loud... Guts and decay... Hello...
JYQOAT.png vista_mirror2.png SFVs3nl.png
ir82bPv.png
@Shian
Sorry for the ping! I just wanted to thank you for the perfect examples!

I'm hoping some of the artists that also got their stuff rejected come in to post examples too of how ridiculous this is getting.
@Shian
Sorry for the ping! I just wanted to thank you for the perfect examples!

I'm hoping some of the artists that also got their stuff rejected come in to post examples too of how ridiculous this is getting.
TOW2n3q.png
I'm not sure why they are so gung-ho about blocking hints of blood left and right, where they let in COMPLETELY SKINNED, rotting, fugus infested, disemboweled and CUT INTO PIECES skins/accents, but yeah ok

some more:

(blood splatter on face)
(implies a 3rd degree burn and therefore suffering)
SLICED - SUFFERING!!!1
(burning up from the inside out - SUFFERING)
(open and exposed belly with exposed ribs) SUFFERING
SCARS - implied suffering in this poor dragon's past!!!
more open and exposed bits and muscles
BLOOD SMEARED
burning from the inside out
more ripped open

i got tired of adding sarcasm but you get the point
there's tons more but im lazy

they need to get their act together and put up CLEAR and CONSISTENT rules on what's OK and what isn't - because none of this makes any sort of logical sense
I'm not sure why they are so gung-ho about blocking hints of blood left and right, where they let in COMPLETELY SKINNED, rotting, fugus infested, disemboweled and CUT INTO PIECES skins/accents, but yeah ok

some more:

(blood splatter on face)
(implies a 3rd degree burn and therefore suffering)
SLICED - SUFFERING!!!1
(burning up from the inside out - SUFFERING)
(open and exposed belly with exposed ribs) SUFFERING
SCARS - implied suffering in this poor dragon's past!!!
more open and exposed bits and muscles
BLOOD SMEARED
burning from the inside out
more ripped open

i got tired of adding sarcasm but you get the point
there's tons more but im lazy

they need to get their act together and put up CLEAR and CONSISTENT rules on what's OK and what isn't - because none of this makes any sort of logical sense

no support, a lot of gore has been passed [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10246776] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/102468/10246776_350.png[/img] [/url] Example This is a custom skin made for me too [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=480188] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4802/480188_350.png[/img] [/url] and this is a usermade one A quick search in the ah can pull up a TON of gory accents
no support, a lot of gore has been passed

10246776_350.png

Example

This is a custom skin made for me too

480188_350.png

and this is a usermade one

A quick search in the ah can pull up a TON of gory accents
OHHzjgb.gifWXq7q4o.png
@Azuri
Sorry for the ping. But shouldn't that mean that more should be able to pass?
The problem is that they are being super selective. I'm surprised that last one even made it through. It must have been submitted a long while back.
As it is right now, any little bit of dripping red (or even red highlights around limbs) are being rejected.
@Azuri
Sorry for the ping. But shouldn't that mean that more should be able to pass?
The problem is that they are being super selective. I'm surprised that last one even made it through. It must have been submitted a long while back.
As it is right now, any little bit of dripping red (or even red highlights around limbs) are being rejected.
TOW2n3q.png
@Azuri

OP is saying that recently anything even colored RED isn't getting passed, while stuff like what we've been posting in the tread HAS - therefore OP is saying things are inconsistent and there needs to be better rules regarding what is and isn't okay instead of whatever the people in charge of accepting skins feels like that particular day.
@Azuri

OP is saying that recently anything even colored RED isn't getting passed, while stuff like what we've been posting in the tread HAS - therefore OP is saying things are inconsistent and there needs to be better rules regarding what is and isn't okay instead of whatever the people in charge of accepting skins feels like that particular day.

Support

I'd love to continue my line of bloody accents and would actually like to push them a little further, but I still have no idea why my blood dripping accents are acceptable when so many others are getting rejected as we speak.
Support

I'd love to continue my line of bloody accents and would actually like to push them a little further, but I still have no idea why my blood dripping accents are acceptable when so many others are getting rejected as we speak.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qesxHc1r6zydg.png
@Bowno @thecatsred

I can see both of your points, but from my experiences Every year a few months (usually late sept early august it starts) before the plague festival they get strict it seems, it is because some push it over board. For my custom, the person i commissioned had no but of trouble with that one and i had stated i wanted blood EVERYWHERE. It is more of a timing thing.

While i can agree that they need to have a more standard set of rules that are even throughout the board, I cannot support the idea of making it easier for some things that should not be passed, gore related or not, to be passed. There is T rated gore then there is M rated gore and i have seen some people trying to pass that or even themes that are not appropriate for FR. I do think they should make a clear defining line of what is T rated and anything above that is not FR appropriate. But as a whole because there is no defining line at place here i cannot support it.

As for age, people can easily lie about their age to get past these sensors, we do need to assume there are some users below the age of 13 on here.

I do know some sites say (Lets take chicken smoothie for an example because it is a G rated site and i know its ToS Better then others)

Gore that is allowed is
-Bones
-Muscles
-Anatomy such as brains, hearts, lungs, Intestines (In an anatomy sense only, no spilling out)
-Scars

What is not allowed
-Missing limbs (Unless replaced by robotics)
-Blood of any kind
-Disemboweling

This to me give a bit of a clearer line, then allow cuts and not organs spilling out, what if the cut is meant to be infected and you can see the organs? Is that too far?

from reading the front, before skimming through all the posts, i just didn't get the feeling there was a line that was being drawn, to me it was a more in general, cut them more slack so I am probably repeating myself and making this really confusing but i cant support the vagueness of the first post but i can support a more defined what is ok and what is not
@Bowno @thecatsred

I can see both of your points, but from my experiences Every year a few months (usually late sept early august it starts) before the plague festival they get strict it seems, it is because some push it over board. For my custom, the person i commissioned had no but of trouble with that one and i had stated i wanted blood EVERYWHERE. It is more of a timing thing.

While i can agree that they need to have a more standard set of rules that are even throughout the board, I cannot support the idea of making it easier for some things that should not be passed, gore related or not, to be passed. There is T rated gore then there is M rated gore and i have seen some people trying to pass that or even themes that are not appropriate for FR. I do think they should make a clear defining line of what is T rated and anything above that is not FR appropriate. But as a whole because there is no defining line at place here i cannot support it.

As for age, people can easily lie about their age to get past these sensors, we do need to assume there are some users below the age of 13 on here.

I do know some sites say (Lets take chicken smoothie for an example because it is a G rated site and i know its ToS Better then others)

Gore that is allowed is
-Bones
-Muscles
-Anatomy such as brains, hearts, lungs, Intestines (In an anatomy sense only, no spilling out)
-Scars

What is not allowed
-Missing limbs (Unless replaced by robotics)
-Blood of any kind
-Disemboweling

This to me give a bit of a clearer line, then allow cuts and not organs spilling out, what if the cut is meant to be infected and you can see the organs? Is that too far?

from reading the front, before skimming through all the posts, i just didn't get the feeling there was a line that was being drawn, to me it was a more in general, cut them more slack so I am probably repeating myself and making this really confusing but i cant support the vagueness of the first post but i can support a more defined what is ok and what is not
OHHzjgb.gifWXq7q4o.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 81 82