Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cut skin/accent makers slack.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 81 82
ok but consider Eliminate is a bloodied claw. [item=eliminate] Emperor lore. [quote]These ghastly behemoths are a mindless monstrosity, fused from the bodies of fallen Imperials with some specimens known to have reached over 100 meters in length,[/quote] Bloody bandages are an apparel item, and their descriptions are pretty... yeah. [item=Bloody Neck Bandage] [item=Bloody Wing Bandages] [item=Bloody Head Bandage] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=explore&map=2]Plague flight and plague lore.[/url] idk personally it seems kind of hypocritical to shove skins/accents away for cuts/blood/etc when there's all of.... that.
ok but consider
Eliminate is a bloodied claw.
Eliminate

Emperor lore.
Quote:
These ghastly behemoths are a mindless monstrosity, fused from the bodies of fallen Imperials with some specimens known to have reached over 100 meters in length,

Bloody bandages are an apparel item, and their descriptions are pretty... yeah.
Bloody Neck Bandage Bloody Wing Bandages Bloody Head Bandage

Plague flight and plague lore.

idk personally it seems kind of hypocritical to shove skins/accents away for cuts/blood/etc when there's all of.... that.
V8I0CBG.gif
[quote name="LilithServil" date=2015-08-19 22:15:18] ok but consider Eliminate is a bloodied claw. [item=eliminate] Emperor lore. [quote]These ghastly behemoths are a mindless monstrosity, fused from the bodies of fallen Imperials with some specimens known to have reached over 100 meters in length,[/quote] Bloody bandages are an apparel item, and their descriptions are pretty... yeah. [item=Bloody Neck Bandage] [item=Bloody Wing Bandages] [item=Bloody Head Bandage] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=explore&map=2]Plague flight and plague lore.[/url] idk personally it seems kind of hypocritical to shove skins/accents away for cuts/blood/etc when there's all of.... that. [/quote] That's a valid point. I'd hazard a guess and say it's a quality control thing, maybe. There's nothing very upsetting about these items but if you allow 'blood' as a general thing there WILL be players that go in for that HD Quality hyper-realistic thing and that's definitely going to get rejected, which would lead to ruffled feathers because 'blood is allowed'. Still, valid point.
LilithServil wrote on 2015-08-19:
ok but consider
Eliminate is a bloodied claw.
Eliminate

Emperor lore.
Quote:
These ghastly behemoths are a mindless monstrosity, fused from the bodies of fallen Imperials with some specimens known to have reached over 100 meters in length,

Bloody bandages are an apparel item, and their descriptions are pretty... yeah.
Bloody Neck Bandage Bloody Wing Bandages Bloody Head Bandage

Plague flight and plague lore.

idk personally it seems kind of hypocritical to shove skins/accents away for cuts/blood/etc when there's all of.... that.

That's a valid point.

I'd hazard a guess and say it's a quality control thing, maybe. There's nothing very upsetting about these items but if you allow 'blood' as a general thing there WILL be players that go in for that HD Quality hyper-realistic thing and that's definitely going to get rejected, which would lead to ruffled feathers because 'blood is allowed'.

Still, valid point.
iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
[quote name="SourPlacebo" date=2015-08-19 22:05:10] Support. This is a T rated site, and we have an entire flight dedicated to disease and decay. I don't know what you were expecting. [/quote] Seconding this, and also what @LilithServil said. If you don't care to see any blood, then you're already on the wrong site...?
SourPlacebo wrote on 2015-08-19:
Support.

This is a T rated site, and we have an entire flight dedicated to disease and decay.
I don't know what you were expecting.

Seconding this, and also what @LilithServil said.

If you don't care to see any blood, then you're already on the wrong site...?
ch1ZmDJ.png
It's absurd is what it is. They have a Flight who's entire lore is based on decay, mutation and grotesque scarring.

Like Bowno said if they are going to get their nickers in a knot over a bit of blood and gore they need to get rid of Plague Flight and a bunch of items and like, all the damn Riot of Rot accents and some of the familiars and disallow taxidermy discussion of the forums (All of Plague Flight will most likely explode, we like showing off our collections) and censor bios and RPs and everything else.

FR, don't be NeoPets. You're rated T, act like it.

Support.
It's absurd is what it is. They have a Flight who's entire lore is based on decay, mutation and grotesque scarring.

Like Bowno said if they are going to get their nickers in a knot over a bit of blood and gore they need to get rid of Plague Flight and a bunch of items and like, all the damn Riot of Rot accents and some of the familiars and disallow taxidermy discussion of the forums (All of Plague Flight will most likely explode, we like showing off our collections) and censor bios and RPs and everything else.

FR, don't be NeoPets. You're rated T, act like it.

Support.
rgKmAZX.pngFSjGDWP.png9xxzY6y.pngJuNQ6Ts.png9KuTKv8.png
“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” - Gregory Maguire
This game is rated Teen, which is far more restrictive than some of you seem to think. They can't allow gore and such without bumping the rating up to Mature.

Teen rating only allows for minimal blood (such as the bandages) and violence. Anything above that is rated M.
This game is rated Teen, which is far more restrictive than some of you seem to think. They can't allow gore and such without bumping the rating up to Mature.

Teen rating only allows for minimal blood (such as the bandages) and violence. Anything above that is rated M.
Eh....inclined to no support.
Eh....inclined to no support.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="MissouriMule" date=2015-08-19 22:55:36]It's absurd is what it is. They have a Flight who's entire lore is based on decay, mutation and grotesque scarring. [/quote]
MissouriMule wrote on 2015-08-19:
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
As I think I stated last night (it was late...) I would support a more consistent set of guidelines and a clarification of the current guidelines etc..

I also think Zaltys has made a good point. Teen is probably a lot more restrictive on certain things. Most of the game I play with violence are M rated, even if the violence is the only thing in it, and most people consider blood part of violence, so skins that show a LOT of blood could be considered Mature, which would mean bumping the site rating up.

As I think I stated last night (it was late...) I would support a more consistent set of guidelines and a clarification of the current guidelines etc..

I also think Zaltys has made a good point. Teen is probably a lot more restrictive on certain things. Most of the game I play with violence are M rated, even if the violence is the only thing in it, and most people consider blood part of violence, so skins that show a LOT of blood could be considered Mature, which would mean bumping the site rating up.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
??? ??????? ????????? ?????????
??? ??????? ????????? ?????????

100% lunacy and randomness is what this is. At least that part is consistent.
There's SO many skins out there, yet when a slightly different skin is submitted, it gets rejected based on however the mod is feeling for that week.

Dead serious.

There was a skin... blood mage? that had red runes. They were magical. But because RED is plague's color, it looks like blood and "referenced self harm". It got rejected.

Like these don't.

"binary ketchup". Yes, just call it a tame name and it gets through the filters just fine.

It's 100% random on whether a skin is accepted or not and having a flight dedicated to this stuff and constantly telling them "no, you can't do that." is just shooting yourself in the foot. Make the site rated M then. It's so frustrating to see this day after day after day.

Oh, a glowy yellow light skin for light? Sure! Great!
Glowy red skin for plague? Nope, not allowed!

This is a source of endless frustration that Plague is a part of the game yet we are consistently and constantly told "no, you can't have that."

Some skins and accents get accepted, others don't with zero rhyme or reason.

Having official skins, festival skins that are prime examples of what to submit, submit same thing, get rejected. Over and over.
100% lunacy and randomness is what this is. At least that part is consistent.
There's SO many skins out there, yet when a slightly different skin is submitted, it gets rejected based on however the mod is feeling for that week.

Dead serious.

There was a skin... blood mage? that had red runes. They were magical. But because RED is plague's color, it looks like blood and "referenced self harm". It got rejected.

Like these don't.

"binary ketchup". Yes, just call it a tame name and it gets through the filters just fine.

It's 100% random on whether a skin is accepted or not and having a flight dedicated to this stuff and constantly telling them "no, you can't do that." is just shooting yourself in the foot. Make the site rated M then. It's so frustrating to see this day after day after day.

Oh, a glowy yellow light skin for light? Sure! Great!
Glowy red skin for plague? Nope, not allowed!

This is a source of endless frustration that Plague is a part of the game yet we are consistently and constantly told "no, you can't have that."

Some skins and accents get accepted, others don't with zero rhyme or reason.

Having official skins, festival skins that are prime examples of what to submit, submit same thing, get rejected. Over and over.
Y3kY2LN.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 81 82