Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Arrows to Switch Familiars
When you go to your dragon's profile, you've got the little window that shows the familiars. What if we had arrows on either side (like the dragons themselves do) that could flip between the familiars on the left and right?

I spend around 40 minutes (Yes, I timed it) going through my dragons, loving their familiars, and then going through my close to 240 familairs. This is time consuming. Yes, I do love hoarding up my familiars, and I am farming for the four glorious new ones, but I think that bonding time would go a lot quicker if going to the page and scrolling through the huge list, trying to find your place, and going back to the profile page...you get my drift.

I'm not saying that the huge page of familiars should be done away with! It's like how you can scroll through your dragons with the arrows OR go to your lair overview. I think having both options for your familiars as well would help things speed along.
When you go to your dragon's profile, you've got the little window that shows the familiars. What if we had arrows on either side (like the dragons themselves do) that could flip between the familiars on the left and right?

I spend around 40 minutes (Yes, I timed it) going through my dragons, loving their familiars, and then going through my close to 240 familairs. This is time consuming. Yes, I do love hoarding up my familiars, and I am farming for the four glorious new ones, but I think that bonding time would go a lot quicker if going to the page and scrolling through the huge list, trying to find your place, and going back to the profile page...you get my drift.

I'm not saying that the huge page of familiars should be done away with! It's like how you can scroll through your dragons with the arrows OR go to your lair overview. I think having both options for your familiars as well would help things speed along.
My wishlist
Things I hoard:
Everglade Hedgehog Sandstrike Hedgehog
There have been other suggestions for bestiary bonding that I support a bit more than this. But support for overhauling bonding. In the meantime, if you are not on mobile. Open two windows side to side. Zoom out so you can see the Change button below the individual dragonChoose a "bonding" dragon and open them on each page. On one page click the Change Familiar button. Bond with the attached familiar. BUT do not click the final confirmation button until you have selected the next familiar on the "Change" screen. Once you click the confirmation the changed familiar appears to be bonded with. Lather, rinse, repeat. I hope that made some sense! Here is a picture-- Click to make it big. [url=http://imgur.com/AIx7Z4i][img]http://i.imgur.com/AIx7Z4im.jpg[/img][/url]
There have been other suggestions for bestiary bonding that I support a bit more than this. But support for overhauling bonding.

In the meantime, if you are not on mobile. Open two windows side to side. Zoom out so you can see the Change button below the individual dragonChoose a "bonding" dragon and open them on each page. On one page click the Change Familiar button.

Bond with the attached familiar. BUT do not click the final confirmation button until you have selected the next familiar on the "Change" screen.

Once you click the confirmation the changed familiar appears to be bonded with. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I hope that made some sense!

Here is a picture-- Click to make it big.

AIx7Z4im.jpg
Stuff will one day go here.
@LunaSea

THANK YOU! You have no idea how dumb I feel for not having come up with that.

Bestiary bonding WOULD go faster, I agree. I looked through the first two pages of the suggestions (I know, I'm so energetic) but didn't see anything about it. I knew there had to be peoples who had voiced ideas far better than my own about how to quickly bond, but I didn't come across any.
Thank you again!
@LunaSea

THANK YOU! You have no idea how dumb I feel for not having come up with that.

Bestiary bonding WOULD go faster, I agree. I looked through the first two pages of the suggestions (I know, I'm so energetic) but didn't see anything about it. I knew there had to be peoples who had voiced ideas far better than my own about how to quickly bond, but I didn't come across any.
Thank you again!
My wishlist
Things I hoard:
@RueRajaram

I didn't come up with it on my own. I was poking around some of the bonding suggestion threads and someone had put it up... so just paying it forward. SUCH a time saver.

And IMHO there can never be too many suggestions about this. I have actually stopped bonding with most of my awakened familiars and stuck them in the vault because it is so tedious.
@RueRajaram

I didn't come up with it on my own. I was poking around some of the bonding suggestion threads and someone had put it up... so just paying it forward. SUCH a time saver.

And IMHO there can never be too many suggestions about this. I have actually stopped bonding with most of my awakened familiars and stuck them in the vault because it is so tedious.
Stuff will one day go here.
@LunaSea
My MAIN issue was loosing my spot. Sure, there's the Sunspot Clouddancer, and the Cardinal Hippogriff that are brightly colored and easy to spot when you are scrolling...but there are only so many that are easily spotted.

I joined up in the May sign up, so my first one is about halfway through Companion, so yet to get to awakened. I dont *think* I've missed a bonding day...and I really can't tell where the number turned tedious. I remember that the first four days or so I had more dragons that Familiars, so that was easy XD
@LunaSea
My MAIN issue was loosing my spot. Sure, there's the Sunspot Clouddancer, and the Cardinal Hippogriff that are brightly colored and easy to spot when you are scrolling...but there are only so many that are easily spotted.

I joined up in the May sign up, so my first one is about halfway through Companion, so yet to get to awakened. I dont *think* I've missed a bonding day...and I really can't tell where the number turned tedious. I remember that the first four days or so I had more dragons that Familiars, so that was easy XD
My wishlist
Things I hoard:
I really like this idea. Still having a grid view option but cycling to bond would be nice. It may take a good minute to load though...
I really like this idea. Still having a grid view option but cycling to bond would be nice. It may take a good minute to load though...
bonding with familiars is the one chore on this site that takes the most time and effort, and it absolutely agonizing if you have bad connection
i agree there should be an easier way, one where you don't have to load the entire page of your dragon just to click one button
bonding with familiars is the one chore on this site that takes the most time and effort, and it absolutely agonizing if you have bad connection
i agree there should be an easier way, one where you don't have to load the entire page of your dragon just to click one button
trans rights are human rights
Bonding with all you attached familiars from one page, sure. You could even have nice little combined pictures of your dragon with their familiar overlaid above each bond button to show who was making friends with who!

Bonding with every familiar in your hoard whether they're on the dragon or not, on one page/via the bestiary? No. It doesn't make sense for the concept or the mechanic. If you want to spend lots of extra time for miniscule reward (you were going to get all those chests at some point anyway) that's on you.
Bonding with all you attached familiars from one page, sure. You could even have nice little combined pictures of your dragon with their familiar overlaid above each bond button to show who was making friends with who!

Bonding with every familiar in your hoard whether they're on the dragon or not, on one page/via the bestiary? No. It doesn't make sense for the concept or the mechanic. If you want to spend lots of extra time for miniscule reward (you were going to get all those chests at some point anyway) that's on you.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png