Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Must Name Before Exalting
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20
I feel like it would be nice to have a way to turn this ok in settings for your own personal lair.
Ex: You go to settings and turn on a reminder/block to stop you from exalting unnamed dragons so it's still your choice. It would be handy if you're exalting your own hatchlings and you want them names but say, you forgot, and now you're forever stuck with an "Unnamed" on your lovely, cherished, lineage list. If you could turn on a personal block to stop yourself from doing that it could come in handy. It may also help the rate of Unnamed exalts go down a bit while remaining the buyer's choice.
I feel like it would be nice to have a way to turn this ok in settings for your own personal lair.
Ex: You go to settings and turn on a reminder/block to stop you from exalting unnamed dragons so it's still your choice. It would be handy if you're exalting your own hatchlings and you want them names but say, you forgot, and now you're forever stuck with an "Unnamed" on your lovely, cherished, lineage list. If you could turn on a personal block to stop yourself from doing that it could come in handy. It may also help the rate of Unnamed exalts go down a bit while remaining the buyer's choice.
FR Blog
Main/Humor blog
[quote name="Stormbreeze" date=2015-08-06 16:34:17] I like the idea where the rng creates a name for every exalted dragon. Many may argue, "Once you sell a dragon, it's not yours." Well, once you exalt a dragon, it's not yours either, is it? If you bought the baby and don't own the parents, then you won't even be able to see the dragon anymore. [/quote] Reminder that names such as WingWing, Warts and Feet are in the generator and some people are going to be upset.
Stormbreeze wrote on 2015-08-06:
I like the idea where the rng creates a name for every exalted dragon. Many may argue, "Once you sell a dragon, it's not yours." Well, once you exalt a dragon, it's not yours either, is it? If you bought the baby and don't own the parents, then you won't even be able to see the dragon anymore.
Reminder that names such as WingWing, Warts and Feet are in the generator and some people are going to be upset.
We were told that we'll have a way to collapse/hide our offsrping lists as to not seeing the offpring with names we don't like/unnamed. This feature will also don't interfere with the people that actually want to exalt their dragons unnamed as part of their lore.

No support.
We were told that we'll have a way to collapse/hide our offsrping lists as to not seeing the offpring with names we don't like/unnamed. This feature will also don't interfere with the people that actually want to exalt their dragons unnamed as part of their lore.

No support.
@Jemadar

Yeah, I get what you're saying. After all, the site is pretty great already, and honestly the whole "unnamed babies are a dishonor" thing is a little overhyped.

I'm sure there won't be any more problems once the option to hide things on the offspring list appears – that seems like an excellent compromise for both parties, seeing as those who wish to exalt unnamed can do so without the fear of "messying" others' offspring lists.

@Sopheero

Oh my! I didn't know that, thanks for telling me! :O
@Jemadar

Yeah, I get what you're saying. After all, the site is pretty great already, and honestly the whole "unnamed babies are a dishonor" thing is a little overhyped.

I'm sure there won't be any more problems once the option to hide things on the offspring list appears – that seems like an excellent compromise for both parties, seeing as those who wish to exalt unnamed can do so without the fear of "messying" others' offspring lists.

@Sopheero

Oh my! I didn't know that, thanks for telling me! :O
@Stormbreeze Yeah, my main problem with the whole no unnamed exalts is that it is so easy for people to prevent unnamed exalts from showing up on their dragons simply by naming dragons before they sell. I do and haven't had a problem selling the few dragons I have sold.

And yeah, I think the hiding offspring list will option will go a long way towards helping with this issue, though I doubt the issue will go away completely.
@Stormbreeze Yeah, my main problem with the whole no unnamed exalts is that it is so easy for people to prevent unnamed exalts from showing up on their dragons simply by naming dragons before they sell. I do and haven't had a problem selling the few dragons I have sold.

And yeah, I think the hiding offspring list will option will go a long way towards helping with this issue, though I doubt the issue will go away completely.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@stormbreeze

Yeah, I rolled a "warts" last week when I bought a new dragon.

Dragon was Coral, to boot!
@stormbreeze

Yeah, I rolled a "warts" last week when I bought a new dragon.

Dragon was Coral, to boot!
I honestly would really like this option I've had so many hatchlings be exalted as unnamed.

I know that yes when you sell a dragon it's no longer yours but honestly it's rather annoying to see someone just threw your dragon away as unnamed rather than putting in a few seconds to name it, even just giving it a random generated name would be nice :^( It seems kinda disrespectful to the original owners of them tbh even though it's just a game it's still nice to have every dragon named!

I also feel that this would stop the price inflation of dragons with many named offspring and no unnamed exalts or cheap dragons because they have unnamed exalts; even though it's a personal value of the dragon it's still extreme to me.
I honestly would really like this option I've had so many hatchlings be exalted as unnamed.

I know that yes when you sell a dragon it's no longer yours but honestly it's rather annoying to see someone just threw your dragon away as unnamed rather than putting in a few seconds to name it, even just giving it a random generated name would be nice :^( It seems kinda disrespectful to the original owners of them tbh even though it's just a game it's still nice to have every dragon named!

I also feel that this would stop the price inflation of dragons with many named offspring and no unnamed exalts or cheap dragons because they have unnamed exalts; even though it's a personal value of the dragon it's still extreme to me.
a0dc4320b98b7870496e99232715aa9ee5caf41b.png he/they
feel free to add me!
No.
No.
+10 FR T
IKTR: while I do have a fandragon tab my whole lair is filled with refs
hRysX66.png
No support for many many many reasons already stated.
No support for many many many reasons already stated.
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
[quote name="tevinter" date=2015-09-08 20:49:09] I honestly would really like this option I've had so many hatchlings be exalted as unnamed. [b]I know that yes when you sell a dragon it's no longer yours but honestly it's rather annoying [/b]to see someone just threw your dragon away as unnamed rather than putting in a few seconds to name it, even just giving it a random generated name would be nice :^( It seems kinda disrespectful to the original owners of them tbh even though it's just a game it's still nice to have every dragon named! I also feel that this would stop the price inflation of dragons with many named offspring and no unnamed exalts or cheap dragons because they have unnamed exalts; even though it's a personal value of the dragon it's still extreme to me. [/quote] I leave dragons unnamed on purpose not out of laziness. It is not disrespectful And as you stated quite clearly, you are annoyed by a problem you can correct yourself. Name your hatchlings. I prefer to buy them named because it keeps them separate from my Lair/Lore dragon. So I am more likely to buy YOUR dragon and exalt it named then massbuy unnamed and feel obligated to name every single one because of other peoples feelings. And there are times I use the worst names in the generator because I am frustrated. Name your dragons. Fix the problem stop shoving the responsibility for your emotions onto the buyer. Or people will then demand rights to the treasure they paid you because in fact if you still control naming you are only "renting" them the dragon indefinitely because your dragons hatched it but you pretend it is sold?
tevinter wrote on 2015-09-08:

I leave dragons unnamed on purpose not out of laziness. It is not disrespectful And as you stated quite clearly, you are annoyed by a problem you can correct yourself. Name your hatchlings. I prefer to buy them named because it keeps them separate from my Lair/Lore dragon. So I am more likely to buy YOUR dragon and exalt it named then massbuy unnamed and feel obligated to name every single one because of other peoples feelings. And there are times I use the worst names in the generator because I am frustrated.

Name your dragons. Fix the problem stop shoving the responsibility for your emotions onto the buyer. Or people will then demand rights to the treasure they paid you because in fact if you still control naming you are only "renting" them the dragon indefinitely because your dragons hatched it but you pretend it is sold?
Stuff will one day go here.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20