Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Must Name Before Exalting
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
[quote name="chespin" date=2015-07-05 11:30:09] You're allowed to name your dragons before selling them and once they're not in your lair, they are no longer yours. You had an opportunity to make sure they weren't exalted unnamed and you did not take it. It's your responsibility, not the buyers [/quote] This sums up my feelings. Just name before selling. c:
chespin wrote on 2015-07-05:
You're allowed to name your dragons before selling them and once they're not in your lair, they are no longer yours. You had an opportunity to make sure they weren't exalted unnamed and you did not take it. It's your responsibility, not the buyers

This sums up my feelings. Just name before selling. c:
image.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gifimage.png
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-07-05 11:42:47] No support. My biggest issue with suggestions that prevent unnamed dragon thing is that once a player sells a dragon, they have no say on what the purchaser does with the dragon. If a seller does not like unnamed dragons on their dragons' offspring list, they should name the hatchlings before they sell them and not expect the purchaser to do so or suggest the game be changed to force names upon dragons. Once a dragon is sold the seller has no say on what is done with that dragon; if unnamed dragons bother them, it is their responsibility to name the dragons before selling them. There have been several polls that have shown that most players aren't bothered by a pre-named dragon Players exalt dragons unnamed for a variety of reasons. --To differentiate exalted dragons from existing dragons on an offspring list. (IE they exalt their hatchlings unnamed; if they sell they generally get a name so its easy to tell at a glance who it is worth checking up on to see what that dragon has been up to) --Some exalters prefer to exalt unnamed to avoid 'potentially harassing names' (IE the Mulch mess) --Some exalters don't care if the dragon is named or not but don't want dragons automatically named when they exalt because it will slow them down (the system will have to update the name field and mark the dragon as exalted) when compared to pre-named dragons. ----If unnamed dragons were given a default name upon exalting (rather than a randomized name), it still wouldn't solve the issue for many of the players who have an issue with unnamed dragons (which generally is its 'ugly' or complaing about having multiple of the same name on the list); these players would likely feel the same about a 'default' name. --Some players exalt dragons for story reasons: ----Unnamed hatchlings may have been ones that died as a hatchling ----Unnamed dragons may not have earned a name ----Unnamed dragons essentially do not exist in their story/head canon for certain pairs perhaps because they are trying to breed certain offspring and any that are not to the right characteristics are exalted unnamed ----Unnamed can mean something completely different from Nameless. Unnamed suggests the dragon never got or earned a name while Nameless suggests they do not deserve a name/lost their name for some reason. Suggestions like this essentially state that the breeder is more important than the buyer (since the argument tends to be that the unnnamed exalted offspring appear on the parents' page) which is incorrect since when you buy a dragon; you buy all rights to that dragon including the name or lack there of. The breeder seller has already been compensated for the dragon as they got the sales price they asked for. The exalter may have reasons for exalting unnamed (for example the dragon they exalted unnamed may have been used for a breeding project where they wanted unnamed parents or the dragon exalted unnamed may be referenced in their active clan members' profiles) and it is their right to be able to leave the dragon they exalted unnamed because it is their dragon. Dragons that are exalted are still tied to the account that exalted them (if you move flights all the dragons you exalted move with you) thus technically the owner of the dragon is the player who exalted them since they are still tied to that account. The admins are working on a way to collapse exalted offspring so that they do not have to be visible if a player doesn't want to see them [/quote]
DragonSage wrote on 2015-07-05:
No support. My biggest issue with suggestions that prevent unnamed dragon thing is that once a player sells a dragon, they have no say on what the purchaser does with the dragon. If a seller does not like unnamed dragons on their dragons' offspring list, they should name the hatchlings before they sell them and not expect the purchaser to do so or suggest the game be changed to force names upon dragons. Once a dragon is sold the seller has no say on what is done with that dragon; if unnamed dragons bother them, it is their responsibility to name the dragons before selling them. There have been several polls that have shown that most players aren't bothered by a pre-named dragon

Players exalt dragons unnamed for a variety of reasons.
--To differentiate exalted dragons from existing dragons on an offspring list. (IE they exalt their hatchlings unnamed; if they sell they generally get a name so its easy to tell at a glance who it is worth checking up on to see what that dragon has been up to)
--Some exalters prefer to exalt unnamed to avoid 'potentially harassing names' (IE the Mulch mess)
--Some exalters don't care if the dragon is named or not but don't want dragons automatically named when they exalt because it will slow them down (the system will have to update the name field and mark the dragon as exalted) when compared to pre-named dragons.
----If unnamed dragons were given a default name upon exalting (rather than a randomized name), it still wouldn't solve the issue for many of the players who have an issue with unnamed dragons (which generally is its 'ugly' or complaing about having multiple of the same name on the list); these players would likely feel the same about a 'default' name.
--Some players exalt dragons for story reasons:
----Unnamed hatchlings may have been ones that died as a hatchling
----Unnamed dragons may not have earned a name
----Unnamed dragons essentially do not exist in their story/head canon for certain pairs perhaps because they are trying to breed certain offspring and any that are not to the right characteristics are exalted unnamed
----Unnamed can mean something completely different from Nameless. Unnamed suggests the dragon never got or earned a name while Nameless suggests they do not deserve a name/lost their name for some reason.

Suggestions like this essentially state that the breeder is more important than the buyer (since the argument tends to be that the unnnamed exalted offspring appear on the parents' page) which is incorrect since when you buy a dragon; you buy all rights to that dragon including the name or lack there of. The breeder seller has already been compensated for the dragon as they got the sales price they asked for. The exalter may have reasons for exalting unnamed (for example the dragon they exalted unnamed may have been used for a breeding project where they wanted unnamed parents or the dragon exalted unnamed may be referenced in their active clan members' profiles) and it is their right to be able to leave the dragon they exalted unnamed because it is their dragon.

Dragons that are exalted are still tied to the account that exalted them (if you move flights all the dragons you exalted move with you) thus technically the owner of the dragon is the player who exalted them since they are still tied to that account.

The admins are working on a way to collapse exalted offspring so that they do not have to be visible if a player doesn't want to see them
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
[quote name="chespin" date=2015-07-05 11:30:09] You're allowed to name your dragons before selling them and once they're not in your lair, they are no longer yours. You had an opportunity to make sure they weren't exalted unnamed and you did not take it. It's your responsibility, not the buyers [/quote] Also, it's sometimes interesting to create a canon for such dragons. One of mine has two Unnamed parents - I thought of him being lost as a child so he remembers only how they looked like (instead of first gens) but not their names. Other has Unnamed mother, a Guardian, and she left in search of her Charge when he was a kid and he doesn't really want to remember her because she abandoned him. One hatchling of my progens (oops, forgot to name him before selling) was stolen by Beastclans before it was named. It can go on forever :3
chespin wrote on 2015-07-05:
You're allowed to name your dragons before selling them and once they're not in your lair, they are no longer yours. You had an opportunity to make sure they weren't exalted unnamed and you did not take it. It's your responsibility, not the buyers
Also, it's sometimes interesting to create a canon for such dragons. One of mine has two Unnamed parents - I thought of him being lost as a child so he remembers only how they looked like (instead of first gens) but not their names. Other has Unnamed mother, a Guardian, and she left in search of her Charge when he was a kid and he doesn't really want to remember her because she abandoned him. One hatchling of my progens (oops, forgot to name him before selling) was stolen by Beastclans before it was named. It can go on forever :3
No support.

If you don't want that to happen, then name them before selling them. When a big push is going you can't expect people to take the time and name every dragon they exalt. It takes more time, and slows down the mass exaltation process.

On another note, however, I do completely understand the aesthetic look. It does look nicer when you have an offspring list filled with names. Even if they are horribly silly.
No support.

If you don't want that to happen, then name them before selling them. When a big push is going you can't expect people to take the time and name every dragon they exalt. It takes more time, and slows down the mass exaltation process.

On another note, however, I do completely understand the aesthetic look. It does look nicer when you have an offspring list filled with names. Even if they are horribly silly.
iceb2_by_ovophobia-d9cq66h.png
I support

Why make the dragons have to be named to fight but not to be exalted? I leave my dragons unnamed when selling them because I want people to easily be able to name them if they want to. It only takes a couple of extra button pushes to give a hatchie a random name before exalting.
I support

Why make the dragons have to be named to fight but not to be exalted? I leave my dragons unnamed when selling them because I want people to easily be able to name them if they want to. It only takes a couple of extra button pushes to give a hatchie a random name before exalting.
[quote name="HexcodeRose" date=2015-07-10 02:41:03] I support Why make the dragons have to be named to fight but not to be exalted? I leave my dragons unnamed when selling them because I want people to easily be able to name them if they want to. It only takes a couple of extra button pushes to give a hatchie a random name before exalting. [/quote] A couple of extra button pushes make a different in large dom fights Also, the name generator names suck. Do you really prefer Corruption or Wingwing on a hatchling list?
HexcodeRose wrote on 2015-07-10:
I support

A couple of extra button pushes make a different in large dom fights

Also, the name generator names suck. Do you really prefer Corruption or Wingwing on a hatchling list?
No support
No support
+10 FR T
IKTR: while I do have a fandragon tab my whole lair is filled with refs
hRysX66.png
No support, sorry. If unnamed dragons bother you, name them before you sell them. After you sold them, you have absolutely no say anymore in what happens to the dragon. The new owner paid for it, and some of them want to exalt the dragons unnamed for rp-reasons.
No support, sorry. If unnamed dragons bother you, name them before you sell them. After you sold them, you have absolutely no say anymore in what happens to the dragon. The new owner paid for it, and some of them want to exalt the dragons unnamed for rp-reasons.
No support.
No support.
FRshadowbanner50px_zps4a303dbf.png
+4 FR Time
3DS FC - 1891-1351-5222 / Minxy
Switch FC - SW-4954-7180-5611 / Ali
For the curious, I looked up some of the poll threads on whether people care if dragons are prenamed: link link link

I have to wonder if the results (and the opinions on naming before exalting) wouldn't be different if you managed to poll players who are more casual or who don't spend much time on the forums. Whenever I don't have much time to play, it gets super frustrating to have to sort through named dragons or spend treasure on scrolls. For a long time, I felt it was a common courtesy to let the buyer choose a dragon's name.

I can't support forced naming, given the many, many good reasons several others have posted, but I don't feel that users who support the idea are selfish or irresponsible. I think they're trying to play a game that centers on dragon breeding the way they want to play it, and their playstyle happens not to click with those who have their own reasons for exalting unnamed.

As an alternative, what if each clan got a certain number of free dragon renames, the same way we get a free account rename? Or what if there were two exalt buttons right next to each other, "Exalt Unnamed" and "Exalt With Random Name"? It would take work and wouldn't completely solve the problem, but it might help.
For the curious, I looked up some of the poll threads on whether people care if dragons are prenamed: link link link

I have to wonder if the results (and the opinions on naming before exalting) wouldn't be different if you managed to poll players who are more casual or who don't spend much time on the forums. Whenever I don't have much time to play, it gets super frustrating to have to sort through named dragons or spend treasure on scrolls. For a long time, I felt it was a common courtesy to let the buyer choose a dragon's name.

I can't support forced naming, given the many, many good reasons several others have posted, but I don't feel that users who support the idea are selfish or irresponsible. I think they're trying to play a game that centers on dragon breeding the way they want to play it, and their playstyle happens not to click with those who have their own reasons for exalting unnamed.

As an alternative, what if each clan got a certain number of free dragon renames, the same way we get a free account rename? Or what if there were two exalt buttons right next to each other, "Exalt Unnamed" and "Exalt With Random Name"? It would take work and wouldn't completely solve the problem, but it might help.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20