Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Must Name Before Exalting
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
@Ridara
Ah, I didn't think of that. I don't write lore for mine. :o
@Ridara
Ah, I didn't think of that. I don't write lore for mine. :o
Smoochs | she/they | Rollover at 3am
b797af3223a93c22cf5aa6dcdf2b139d.gif
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2015-07-05 11:42:47" ] No support. My biggest issue with suggestions that prevent unnamed dragon thing is that once a player sells a dragon, they have no say on what the purchaser does with the dragon. If a seller does not like unnamed dragons on their dragons' offspring list, they should name the hatchlings before they sell them and not expect the purchaser to do so or suggest the game be changed to force names upon dragons. Once a dragon is sold the seller has no say on what is done with that dragon; if unnamed dragons bother them, it is their responsibility to name the dragons before selling them. There have been several polls that have shown that most players aren't bothered by a pre-named dragon Players exalt dragons unnamed for a variety of reasons. --To differentiate exalted dragons from existing dragons on an offspring list. (IE they exalt their hatchlings unnamed; if they sell they generally get a name so its easy to tell at a glance who it is worth checking up on to see what that dragon has been up to) --Some exalters prefer to exalt unnamed to avoid 'potentially harassing names' (IE the Mulch mess) --Some exalters don't care if the dragon is named or not but don't want dragons automatically named when they exalt because it will slow them down (the system will have to update the name field and mark the dragon as exalted) when compared to pre-named dragons. ----If unnamed dragons were given a default name upon exalting (rather than a randomized name), it still wouldn't solve the issue for many of the players who have an issue with unnamed dragons (which generally is its 'ugly' or complaing about having multiple of the same name on the list); these players would likely feel the same about a 'default' name. --Some players exalt dragons for story reasons: ----Unnamed hatchlings may have been ones that died as a hatchling ----Unnamed dragons may not have earned a name ----Unnamed dragons essentially do not exist in their story/head canon for certain pairs perhaps because they are trying to breed certain offspring and any that are not to the right characteristics are exalted unnamed ----Unnamed can mean something completely different from Nameless. Unnamed suggests the dragon never got or earned a name while Nameless suggests they do not deserve a name/lost their name for some reason. Suggestions like this essentially state that the breeder is more important than the buyer (since the argument tends to be that the unnnamed exalted offspring appear on the parents' page) which is incorrect since when you buy a dragon; you buy all rights to that dragon including the name or lack there of. The breeder seller has already been compensated for the dragon as they got the sales price they asked for. The exalter may have reasons for exalting unnamed (for example the dragon they exalted unnamed may have been used for a breeding project where they wanted unnamed parents or the dragon exalted unnamed may be referenced in their active clan members' profiles) and it is their right to be able to leave the dragon they exalted unnamed because it is their dragon. Dragons that are exalted are still tied to the account that exalted them (if you move flights all the dragons you exalted move with you) thus technically the owner of the dragon is the player who exalted them since they are still tied to that account. The admins are working on a way to collapse exalted offspring so that they do not have to be visible if a player doesn't want to see them [/quote] This but also it’d be simpler to just have all dragons hatched with a “random name” off the randomizer and the obvious one use free name change then unnamed could be added as a usable name. But then again I see some people being petty and naming dragons unnamed before exalting but oh well.
DragonSage wrote on 2015-07-05 11:42:47:
No support. My biggest issue with suggestions that prevent unnamed dragon thing is that once a player sells a dragon, they have no say on what the purchaser does with the dragon. If a seller does not like unnamed dragons on their dragons' offspring list, they should name the hatchlings before they sell them and not expect the purchaser to do so or suggest the game be changed to force names upon dragons. Once a dragon is sold the seller has no say on what is done with that dragon; if unnamed dragons bother them, it is their responsibility to name the dragons before selling them. There have been several polls that have shown that most players aren't bothered by a pre-named dragon

Players exalt dragons unnamed for a variety of reasons.
--To differentiate exalted dragons from existing dragons on an offspring list. (IE they exalt their hatchlings unnamed; if they sell they generally get a name so its easy to tell at a glance who it is worth checking up on to see what that dragon has been up to)
--Some exalters prefer to exalt unnamed to avoid 'potentially harassing names' (IE the Mulch mess)
--Some exalters don't care if the dragon is named or not but don't want dragons automatically named when they exalt because it will slow them down (the system will have to update the name field and mark the dragon as exalted) when compared to pre-named dragons.
----If unnamed dragons were given a default name upon exalting (rather than a randomized name), it still wouldn't solve the issue for many of the players who have an issue with unnamed dragons (which generally is its 'ugly' or complaing about having multiple of the same name on the list); these players would likely feel the same about a 'default' name.
--Some players exalt dragons for story reasons:
----Unnamed hatchlings may have been ones that died as a hatchling
----Unnamed dragons may not have earned a name
----Unnamed dragons essentially do not exist in their story/head canon for certain pairs perhaps because they are trying to breed certain offspring and any that are not to the right characteristics are exalted unnamed
----Unnamed can mean something completely different from Nameless. Unnamed suggests the dragon never got or earned a name while Nameless suggests they do not deserve a name/lost their name for some reason.

Suggestions like this essentially state that the breeder is more important than the buyer (since the argument tends to be that the unnnamed exalted offspring appear on the parents' page) which is incorrect since when you buy a dragon; you buy all rights to that dragon including the name or lack there of. The breeder seller has already been compensated for the dragon as they got the sales price they asked for. The exalter may have reasons for exalting unnamed (for example the dragon they exalted unnamed may have been used for a breeding project where they wanted unnamed parents or the dragon exalted unnamed may be referenced in their active clan members' profiles) and it is their right to be able to leave the dragon they exalted unnamed because it is their dragon.

Dragons that are exalted are still tied to the account that exalted them (if you move flights all the dragons you exalted move with you) thus technically the owner of the dragon is the player who exalted them since they are still tied to that account.

The admins are working on a way to collapse exalted offspring so that they do not have to be visible if a player doesn't want to see them

This but also it’d be simpler to just have all dragons hatched with a “random name” off the randomizer and the obvious one use free name change then unnamed could be added as a usable name. But then again I see some people being petty and naming dragons unnamed before exalting but oh well.
4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2018-10-15 11:52:47" ]This but also it’d be simpler to just have all dragons hatched with a “random name” off the randomizer and the obvious one use free name change then unnamed could be added as a usable name. But then again I see some people being petty and naming dragons unnamed before exalting but oh well. [/quote] Sorry, but I don't support forcing names on any dragon at any point. I breed fodder to sell, but I also train them in the coliseum as a way to actually get me to USE the coliseum. I would absolutely HATE to either have to give the dragons a name or live with names that come from the random generator. It can take me literal months to name a dragon... (let alone a nests worth)
Mystiek wrote on 2018-10-15 11:52:47:
This but also it’d be simpler to just have all dragons hatched with a “random name” off the randomizer and the obvious one use free name change then unnamed could be added as a usable name. But then again I see some people being petty and naming dragons unnamed before exalting but oh well.
Sorry, but I don't support forcing names on any dragon at any point.

I breed fodder to sell, but I also train them in the coliseum as a way to actually get me to USE the coliseum. I would absolutely HATE to either have to give the dragons a name or live with names that come from the random generator. It can take me literal months to name a dragon... (let alone a nests worth)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2018-10-15 11:52:47" ] This but also it’d be simpler to just have all dragons hatched with a “random name” off the randomizer and the obvious one use free name change then unnamed could be added as a usable name. [/quote]That doesn't account for the people that WANT to have their dragons unnamed for lore reasons. The truly most simple thing is having individual players be accountable for naming the dragons they hatch prior to selling them, giving them away or exalting them.
This but also it’d be simpler to just have all dragons hatched with a “random name” off the randomizer and the obvious one use free name change then unnamed could be added as a usable name.
That doesn't account for the people that WANT to have their dragons unnamed for lore reasons.

The truly most simple thing is having individual players be accountable for naming the dragons they hatch prior to selling them, giving them away or exalting them.
ZQGfAQY.png
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2018-10-15 11:52:47" ] This but also it’d be simpler to just have all dragons hatched with a “random name” off the randomizer and the obvious one use free name change then unnamed could be added as a usable name. But then again I see some people being petty and naming dragons unnamed before exalting but oh well. [/quote] I... I'm not sure how I feel about this, but from my experience with other petsites, I feel less attached to those that are born with a random given by system than unnamed. It's different to buying pet/dragon from others that comes with a name because I can say a name means it has history, which is great. But when I hatch a nest myself and system forced named them, it actually feel like they are not mine and I want to get rid of them asap. I've done that on other petsites and I'm sure if this is implemented I'll do the same here. Though how I feel doesn't affect the site at all because they encourage exalting anyway, but it's something that would push me a little bit away from the site. I just don't like something that's so trivial to be pushed upon me after 5 years of freedom. This really boils down how much do anyone care about unnamed exalts. If it's very important to you, then you should be the one taking the extra step to ensure that they are named when they are still yours. If you care enough about the new dragons you bought with unnamed kids, don't buy them. You can check their offspring easily before buying so why complain about the fact afterwards?

I... I'm not sure how I feel about this, but from my experience with other petsites, I feel less attached to those that are born with a random given by system than unnamed. It's different to buying pet/dragon from others that comes with a name because I can say a name means it has history, which is great. But when I hatch a nest myself and system forced named them, it actually feel like they are not mine and I want to get rid of them asap. I've done that on other petsites and I'm sure if this is implemented I'll do the same here. Though how I feel doesn't affect the site at all because they encourage exalting anyway, but it's something that would push me a little bit away from the site. I just don't like something that's so trivial to be pushed upon me after 5 years of freedom.

This really boils down how much do anyone care about unnamed exalts. If it's very important to you, then you should be the one taking the extra step to ensure that they are named when they are still yours. If you care enough about the new dragons you bought with unnamed kids, don't buy them. You can check their offspring easily before buying so why complain about the fact afterwards?
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2018-10-15 11:52:47" ] This but also it’d be simpler to just have all dragons hatched with a “random name” off the randomizer and the obvious one use free name change then unnamed could be added as a usable name. But then again I see some people being petty and naming dragons unnamed before exalting but oh well. [/quote] I'd use that free name change just to get rid of names like Kittencruncher and WingWing. Only way I could even remotely support randomised names is if you could make personal list of names and use that, and even then I'd probably change 90% of the names so I could keep my naming system

I'd use that free name change just to get rid of names like Kittencruncher and WingWing. Only way I could even remotely support randomised names is if you could make personal list of names and use that, and even then I'd probably change 90% of the names so I could keep my naming system
hWsjkHE.png
I now understand how some of the naming fiascos began... I have seen this suggestion in multiple forms dozens, dare I say hundreds, of times in the last 3+ years and for some reason breeders who are concerned about their offspring list *still* do not see the solution has been in their hands the entire time.

Yes, you, person upset by unnamed... FR solved this from the beginning. Name dragons when you own them if you are worried about it. This assures that at least temporarily your offspring list will look how you choose. People can change names and who is to say you will like that any more than Unnamed?
I now understand how some of the naming fiascos began... I have seen this suggestion in multiple forms dozens, dare I say hundreds, of times in the last 3+ years and for some reason breeders who are concerned about their offspring list *still* do not see the solution has been in their hands the entire time.

Yes, you, person upset by unnamed... FR solved this from the beginning. Name dragons when you own them if you are worried about it. This assures that at least temporarily your offspring list will look how you choose. People can change names and who is to say you will like that any more than Unnamed?
Stuff will one day go here.
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20