Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Swiftwings should come back
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Said it before, but I'll say it again: swiftwing dragons deserve a second look.
Said it before, but I'll say it again: swiftwing dragons deserve a second look.
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
Ahh, I've been wondering forever what the little creature on the rating was! Full support to have Swiftwings as a breed, they seem great!
Ahh, I've been wondering forever what the little creature on the rating was! Full support to have Swiftwings as a breed, they seem great!
Don't really like the fact that they have no arms, all of the rest of the dragons are pretty cohesive and that one sticks out a bit much.
Don't really like the fact that they have no arms, all of the rest of the dragons are pretty cohesive and that one sticks out a bit much.
MSRoySig2_zpsrobgfqfj.png
Imagine him with lil t-rex arms!! :0
Imagine him with lil t-rex arms!! :0
CUvkP.gif Noodle says TERFs are a waste of oxygen CUvkP.gif
...I always wondered what breed those dergs were. GIVE THEM ARMS AND PUT THEM IN MY LAIR!!
...I always wondered what breed those dergs were. GIVE THEM ARMS AND PUT THEM IN MY LAIR!!
tumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif573Ze2b.giftumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif
Support, not all dragons have arms after all! Take the Wyvern for example!
tumblr_inline_nv9bar5lwf1qfzxwy_250.png
This suggestion is two years old. The reason it had died off is because swift wings can't be added. Even if they did give them arms, they'd be too similar to pearlcatchers. When they decided to nix the swift wigs, they redesigned them into pearlcatchers. So they are on site in a way.

No support
This suggestion is two years old. The reason it had died off is because swift wings can't be added. Even if they did give them arms, they'd be too similar to pearlcatchers. When they decided to nix the swift wigs, they redesigned them into pearlcatchers. So they are on site in a way.

No support
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
[quote name="@Ozzy" date="2018-08-19 18:13:05" ] Support, not all dragons have arms after all! Take the Wyvern for example! [/quote] The main reason why swiftwings were scrapped (along with many other potential types) is because the site wants to maintain a certain standard of dragons. This is (at least) 2 wings, 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head and 1 tail. The wings can't really be taken off because of secondary genes, but the main reason for this standard is apparel. Were they to change the configuration, they would have to change how apparel works. Either some apparel wouldn't work on some breeds, they would have to make 'joke' placements (such as bracelets in front of an armless breed), double up (bracelets on legs) etc.. All the solutions leads to problems. 1. I play sites that don't have apparel that works on all breeds and let me tell you it stinks. Especially when you are a new player who doesn't know what apparel works for what breed. On another site, that I absolutely love, my favorite breed is one of the newest, Many of the old apparel pieces don't work and I have bought items for my favorites, only to find out they don't work. (fortunately I love other breeds, including the first breed and I believe a breed that all items will always work on, so I always have something to use the items on). While I expect FR to go to this eventually (as apparel already slows down breed production) I want to delay that eventuality as long as possible. 2. While things like this might be cute for some players, for other players it wouldn't be. While for some things it is a case of 'don't like it, don't use it' we do have combination apparel, mainly the festival items, so that if you want to use apparel because you love how it looks on that breed, but part of the apparel doesn't have a place to go, so all of a sudden there is something sitting on the ground in front of the dragon, it can be very frustrating. 3. This creates a problem of some areas being jumbled. Many players like to use sets, and many sets are created with the idea of a 2/2/2/1/1 dragon, so there will often already be a piece of apparel going into that slot (such as anklets for legs, bracelets would be competeing with space against the anklets, and if the set has any other 'arm' or 'leg' pieces, that just means even more going on one area). Ultimately, as I said in point one, I do think that eventually, FR will go the route of Neopets and the other site I was talking about, and make it so that new breeds won't be able to wear the majority of older clothing, but, I want to delay that as long as possible, so I am very much for keeping the standard as long as possible (when/if the day comes that they make the decision to not draw older clothing for newer breeds, then I will change my stance and be all for having wyverns on site, but until then, I don't support them as anything other than familiars). However, looking at some of the art for the old swiftwings, I don't think that adding arms, no matter the size, would make them look like pearlcatchers. [url=http://flightrising.wikia.com/wiki/Swiftwing_Dragons][img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/c/ca/Swiftwing_rejects_ratings_dragon_adults.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130706042202.png[/img][/url] This is apparently concept art for the Swiftwings. Even should we not get swiftwings I love the dynamic poses of both dragons and hope they use it for other future breeds. (image should link to the Flight Rising Wiki about them)
@Ozzy wrote on 2018-08-19 18:13:05:

The main reason why swiftwings were scrapped (along with many other potential types) is because the site wants to maintain a certain standard of dragons.

This is (at least) 2 wings, 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head and 1 tail. The wings can't really be taken off because of secondary genes, but the main reason for this standard is apparel.

Were they to change the configuration, they would have to change how apparel works.

Either some apparel wouldn't work on some breeds, they would have to make 'joke' placements (such as bracelets in front of an armless breed), double up (bracelets on legs) etc..

All the solutions leads to problems.

1. I play sites that don't have apparel that works on all breeds and let me tell you it stinks. Especially when you are a new player who doesn't know what apparel works for what breed. On another site, that I absolutely love, my favorite breed is one of the newest, Many of the old apparel pieces don't work and I have bought items for my favorites, only to find out they don't work. (fortunately I love other breeds, including the first breed and I believe a breed that all items will always work on, so I always have something to use the items on). While I expect FR to go to this eventually (as apparel already slows down breed production) I want to delay that eventuality as long as possible.

2. While things like this might be cute for some players, for other players it wouldn't be. While for some things it is a case of 'don't like it, don't use it' we do have combination apparel, mainly the festival items, so that if you want to use apparel because you love how it looks on that breed, but part of the apparel doesn't have a place to go, so all of a sudden there is something sitting on the ground in front of the dragon, it can be very frustrating.

3. This creates a problem of some areas being jumbled. Many players like to use sets, and many sets are created with the idea of a 2/2/2/1/1 dragon, so there will often already be a piece of apparel going into that slot (such as anklets for legs, bracelets would be competeing with space against the anklets, and if the set has any other 'arm' or 'leg' pieces, that just means even more going on one area).

Ultimately, as I said in point one, I do think that eventually, FR will go the route of Neopets and the other site I was talking about, and make it so that new breeds won't be able to wear the majority of older clothing, but, I want to delay that as long as possible, so I am very much for keeping the standard as long as possible (when/if the day comes that they make the decision to not draw older clothing for newer breeds, then I will change my stance and be all for having wyverns on site, but until then, I don't support them as anything other than familiars).

However, looking at some of the art for the old swiftwings, I don't think that adding arms, no matter the size, would make them look like pearlcatchers.

latest?cb=20130706042202.png

This is apparently concept art for the Swiftwings. Even should we not get swiftwings I love the dynamic poses of both dragons and hope they use it for other future breeds. (image should link to the Flight Rising Wiki about them)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
They'd be so cute! But if they were implemented what would go in empty lair space?
They'd be so cute! But if they were implemented what would go in empty lair space?
qruiRvb.png
This is a very old suggestion and I've probably already given my opinion but just in case:

...Some support.

First, it would have to be redone, it's not good. The art is so old the style doesn't even match Undel's current work. Shading, line width, and anatomy are all very wonky. Many fan-made breeds look closer to FRs current style than it.

Second, most of their physical traits went into pearlcatchers, many more went into nocturnes, making this swiftwing design pretty redundant.

However I'm not opposed to to a wyvern breed despite The Rule, put the arm apparel onto the wings or legs it isn't complicated. Or, like snappers have vestigial wings, give them tiny vestigial arms.

And while I don't think large parts of their current design should be used since it's already been borrowed by other breeds, I'm not opposed to a new swiftwing that focuses on the traits that weren't used by PCs or nocs. (specifically, teeny arms, powerful legs and wings, powerful long tails, large feet, mischievous smirk, pointy erect ears) Come up with a new design for the other bits inspired by something else.
This is a very old suggestion and I've probably already given my opinion but just in case:

...Some support.

First, it would have to be redone, it's not good. The art is so old the style doesn't even match Undel's current work. Shading, line width, and anatomy are all very wonky. Many fan-made breeds look closer to FRs current style than it.

Second, most of their physical traits went into pearlcatchers, many more went into nocturnes, making this swiftwing design pretty redundant.

However I'm not opposed to to a wyvern breed despite The Rule, put the arm apparel onto the wings or legs it isn't complicated. Or, like snappers have vestigial wings, give them tiny vestigial arms.

And while I don't think large parts of their current design should be used since it's already been borrowed by other breeds, I'm not opposed to a new swiftwing that focuses on the traits that weren't used by PCs or nocs. (specifically, teeny arms, powerful legs and wings, powerful long tails, large feet, mischievous smirk, pointy erect ears) Come up with a new design for the other bits inspired by something else.
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18