Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | More Sorting Options in Hoard/Vault
I vaguely remember making a suggestion like this before, but I can't remember the name and can't find it. That topic only dealt with the Other tab though, this one deals with all of them.

Simply put, I want more sorting options in the Hoard and Vault so that I (and other users that're collectors/packrats) don't have to go through tons of pages to find stuff. With the sheer number of items we have now, they can get pretty messy.

I'm talking something similar to how we have the Food category separated into Insects, Meat, Seafood, and Plants.

Here're the categories that I'm suggesting for the other tabs, but they could be different.

Materials Tab:
-Minerals and Ores
-Organic Material
-Dragonmade Material
-Transmutations
-Other (anything not labeled as one of the others, pretty much)

^^^^ Simple enough, the items are all labeled as to what type they already are (a couple are not, but they'd fall into Other), so simple enough.

Familiars AND Apparel Tabs:
-Treasure MP
-Gem MP
-Swipp/Baldwin (I believe they were talking about making the stuff at Swipp exclusive to him.)
-Miscellaneous Apparel (Festival, Chest-only, Marva Sweaters, Downtime, etc.)

^^^^ I'm not as sure about these, given that some items are retired/cycled from the Marketplaces, but this was the best I could think of. Stuff found in both the Treasure MP and Chests would be placed under Treasure Marketplace. Stuff found at both another place and Swipp would be labeled at the other place.

EDIT: For the Apparel, we could also use the AH sections -- the game breaks them into categories already, so why not use them in the Hoard/Vault? (Courtesy of @Grasshopper)

Battle Items:
-Energy Stones
-Ability Stones
-Augment Stones
-Accessory Stones
-Battle Items (Potions, Tinctures)

^^^^ This category is small as it is, so we really don't need them -- but I would hope that they are planning on expanding the Coli in the future, hence this would be useful. Each item is already labeled, so it wouldn't be hard.

Skins Tab:
-Accents/Skins
-By Species
-By Sex

^^^^ For the confused, I want three sets of boxes: one displaying either skin or accent, one displaying the breed, and one displaying the sex. One could be used, or all could be used. For example, if I selected "Accent", "Female", "Fae", it would show me only Female Fae accents. If I selected "Accent" but left the other two at "all", it would show me all the accents I have for all species and sexes. And so on and so on.

Other Tab:
-Trinkets
-Chests
-Specialty Items
-Dragon Eggs
-Holiday Items

^^^^ Self-explanitory, each item is already labeled as to what it is.

EDIT: Updated with Baldwin stuff.
I vaguely remember making a suggestion like this before, but I can't remember the name and can't find it. That topic only dealt with the Other tab though, this one deals with all of them.

Simply put, I want more sorting options in the Hoard and Vault so that I (and other users that're collectors/packrats) don't have to go through tons of pages to find stuff. With the sheer number of items we have now, they can get pretty messy.

I'm talking something similar to how we have the Food category separated into Insects, Meat, Seafood, and Plants.

Here're the categories that I'm suggesting for the other tabs, but they could be different.

Materials Tab:
-Minerals and Ores
-Organic Material
-Dragonmade Material
-Transmutations
-Other (anything not labeled as one of the others, pretty much)

^^^^ Simple enough, the items are all labeled as to what type they already are (a couple are not, but they'd fall into Other), so simple enough.

Familiars AND Apparel Tabs:
-Treasure MP
-Gem MP
-Swipp/Baldwin (I believe they were talking about making the stuff at Swipp exclusive to him.)
-Miscellaneous Apparel (Festival, Chest-only, Marva Sweaters, Downtime, etc.)

^^^^ I'm not as sure about these, given that some items are retired/cycled from the Marketplaces, but this was the best I could think of. Stuff found in both the Treasure MP and Chests would be placed under Treasure Marketplace. Stuff found at both another place and Swipp would be labeled at the other place.

EDIT: For the Apparel, we could also use the AH sections -- the game breaks them into categories already, so why not use them in the Hoard/Vault? (Courtesy of @Grasshopper)

Battle Items:
-Energy Stones
-Ability Stones
-Augment Stones
-Accessory Stones
-Battle Items (Potions, Tinctures)

^^^^ This category is small as it is, so we really don't need them -- but I would hope that they are planning on expanding the Coli in the future, hence this would be useful. Each item is already labeled, so it wouldn't be hard.

Skins Tab:
-Accents/Skins
-By Species
-By Sex

^^^^ For the confused, I want three sets of boxes: one displaying either skin or accent, one displaying the breed, and one displaying the sex. One could be used, or all could be used. For example, if I selected "Accent", "Female", "Fae", it would show me only Female Fae accents. If I selected "Accent" but left the other two at "all", it would show me all the accents I have for all species and sexes. And so on and so on.

Other Tab:
-Trinkets
-Chests
-Specialty Items
-Dragon Eggs
-Holiday Items

^^^^ Self-explanitory, each item is already labeled as to what it is.

EDIT: Updated with Baldwin stuff.
Support. I like the sub-categories you've broken each section into, especially since a lot of them line up with the sub-categories used within the AH. Given that these items can already be searched as (for example) "apparel-wing" or "other-trinkets" in the AH and that food in the Vault can be searched as "meat, insect, fish or plant" it shouldn't be too much work to add the same sorting ability to the other sections. It would certainly make it easier when you're looking for something.
Support. I like the sub-categories you've broken each section into, especially since a lot of them line up with the sub-categories used within the AH. Given that these items can already be searched as (for example) "apparel-wing" or "other-trinkets" in the AH and that food in the Vault can be searched as "meat, insect, fish or plant" it shouldn't be too much work to add the same sorting ability to the other sections. It would certainly make it easier when you're looking for something.
6xcUChx.png

aaa%20bfr_zps1hiir7rg.png
@Grasshopper
I completely forgot about the AH sections for the Apparel! Thanks, I'll add that to my post.
@Grasshopper
I completely forgot about the AH sections for the Apparel! Thanks, I'll add that to my post.
Support, and also adding these subheadings to the AH search, and marketplaces.
Support, and also adding these subheadings to the AH search, and marketplaces.
//pushes to top rather than making a new one
//pushes to top rather than making a new one
I like this, but does chests include those treasure packs? Or where do they go?
I like this, but does chests include those treasure packs? Or where do they go?
Support. There longer you're here the more stuff you end up with.
Support. There longer you're here the more stuff you end up with.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Support! Sorting options would be a big help, and shouldn't be too difficult to implement given that they already exist for the food tab.
Support! Sorting options would be a big help, and shouldn't be too difficult to implement given that they already exist for the food tab.
ACWh8m8.png
Support
Support
raffle2.pngDanafox_sig.gif
Support!
Support!