Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring back egg rot!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
I can't decide whether I support or not, reading the previous replies. I think I'm leaning towards

SUPPORT but I'm not 100% sure on that. But count me as that.
I can't decide whether I support or not, reading the previous replies. I think I'm leaning towards

SUPPORT but I'm not 100% sure on that. But count me as that.
iLa7XQZ.png
Time spent amongst trees is never wasted time.

tumblr_inline_o0txwexaVY1tqyuge_250.png
S0upYuW.png71MmSto.pngrh5IpZ0.png
No support.

This mechanic would punish users who cannot go online for whatever reasons. Yes, even for a few seconds. When I spent three weeks studying from the moment I opened my eyes to the moment I went to bed to pass exams, I did not have the time or ability to worry about dragons. Had I had a nest at the time, in all likelihood I would have lost it, even with your probabilities.

On top of that, casual players may not have a lot of excess space to hatch a larger nest and may not have the inclination to spend time grinding for treasure. I know I've got no desire to spend the time earning 75k a day in the Fairgrounds, and there are other projects that take priority with my treasure. Just last week I hatched a nest that had been incubating for almost a month, as I didn't have the space for the three hatchlings. Why should a user be punished for playing casually and not having space?

There is a suggestion somewhere (unfortunately I can't find it at this moment) that users be allowed to discard nests and send the eggs to their deity. That gives control to the player, allows eggs to be removed as desired, and incorporates existing lore; that I would support.
No support.

This mechanic would punish users who cannot go online for whatever reasons. Yes, even for a few seconds. When I spent three weeks studying from the moment I opened my eyes to the moment I went to bed to pass exams, I did not have the time or ability to worry about dragons. Had I had a nest at the time, in all likelihood I would have lost it, even with your probabilities.

On top of that, casual players may not have a lot of excess space to hatch a larger nest and may not have the inclination to spend time grinding for treasure. I know I've got no desire to spend the time earning 75k a day in the Fairgrounds, and there are other projects that take priority with my treasure. Just last week I hatched a nest that had been incubating for almost a month, as I didn't have the space for the three hatchlings. Why should a user be punished for playing casually and not having space?

There is a suggestion somewhere (unfortunately I can't find it at this moment) that users be allowed to discard nests and send the eggs to their deity. That gives control to the player, allows eggs to be removed as desired, and incorporates existing lore; that I would support.
@Zues;
I think the space argument is supported by the site itself. Lair expansions are a huge treasure sink because they're supposed to be important. If it's intended for people to have extra space for dragons, why not do that anyways. (IE users are already "punished" for not buying lair expansions by, well, not having lots of space).

And your studying example, I guess my thought there would be that a person is aware that they have a few tough weeks coming up, and imply wouldn't start a nest until after they were able to incubate it. Having a dragon with a 15-day cooldown be able to make new eggs immediately after hatching a nest doesn't seem to make sense lore-wise.

Though maybe if the breed cooldown counter wasn't started until babies were born? I think that might cause more complaints, not less, though, since it would basically add 5+ days to everything :/
@Zues;
I think the space argument is supported by the site itself. Lair expansions are a huge treasure sink because they're supposed to be important. If it's intended for people to have extra space for dragons, why not do that anyways. (IE users are already "punished" for not buying lair expansions by, well, not having lots of space).

And your studying example, I guess my thought there would be that a person is aware that they have a few tough weeks coming up, and imply wouldn't start a nest until after they were able to incubate it. Having a dragon with a 15-day cooldown be able to make new eggs immediately after hatching a nest doesn't seem to make sense lore-wise.

Though maybe if the breed cooldown counter wasn't started until babies were born? I think that might cause more complaints, not less, though, since it would basically add 5+ days to everything :/
@Jacq

The thing is, people might prioritize other things besides a lair expansion. Geneing dragons they already have, buying stones for the coli, apparel, etc. While it's true that lair expansions are one of the larger treasure sinks, that doesn't mean people are going to use them and expand their lair without cause. Using myself as an example, again, I'd rather work towards slowly buying genes for the dragons I already have lair instead of expanding, so normally I only have two or three spots for any nest I hatch. That means I'm plum out of luck if I get nest of four or more - should those eggs be allowed to rot, because I have priorities and took a gamble on the number of eggs? Or would it be better to let it sit until I decide to eventually purchase an expansion? Personally, I don't want to see those eggs rot for a gamble on the number in the nest. You might feel differently, but that's how I see it.

As for studying, it's true that you could say "don't incubate a nest if you know you're going to be away". It's true, I'll admit that. But a favourite pair, that you've been waiting for the cooldown to end so you can breed them again? It's great to even have a head start on the number of incubation periods, and something small to look forwards to after the stress and exhaustion of frantic studying. I know that other people have mentioned personal emergencies or even extenuating circumstances that prevent them from coming online, studying is just one example that I mentioned because that's what I have experienced and know best.
@Jacq

The thing is, people might prioritize other things besides a lair expansion. Geneing dragons they already have, buying stones for the coli, apparel, etc. While it's true that lair expansions are one of the larger treasure sinks, that doesn't mean people are going to use them and expand their lair without cause. Using myself as an example, again, I'd rather work towards slowly buying genes for the dragons I already have lair instead of expanding, so normally I only have two or three spots for any nest I hatch. That means I'm plum out of luck if I get nest of four or more - should those eggs be allowed to rot, because I have priorities and took a gamble on the number of eggs? Or would it be better to let it sit until I decide to eventually purchase an expansion? Personally, I don't want to see those eggs rot for a gamble on the number in the nest. You might feel differently, but that's how I see it.

As for studying, it's true that you could say "don't incubate a nest if you know you're going to be away". It's true, I'll admit that. But a favourite pair, that you've been waiting for the cooldown to end so you can breed them again? It's great to even have a head start on the number of incubation periods, and something small to look forwards to after the stress and exhaustion of frantic studying. I know that other people have mentioned personal emergencies or even extenuating circumstances that prevent them from coming online, studying is just one example that I mentioned because that's what I have experienced and know best.
No support.

Being able to voluntarily discard nests, sure, lovely, but no rot, please.
No support.

Being able to voluntarily discard nests, sure, lovely, but no rot, please.
jtgoRWq.png
No support. I don't see the need to punish players unnecessarily and I don't think egg rot really adds anything to the game.
No support. I don't see the need to punish players unnecessarily and I don't think egg rot really adds anything to the game.
__________PDduh6K.png

_— hatchery
__— wishlist
____— tumblr
__V6RpU3i.png
@Alternatewarning

I agree with the Hatch day eliminating egg rot. I log in everyday and I would be devistated if a clutch lost a baby simply becase I was making lair space for a ready to hatch nest! If you can't login to incubate the nest up until that point, isn't the fertility scroll cheap enough to prevent egg rot? It might help people to plan their breedings a tiny bit better. From personal experience my first couple nests ought to have been better planned! A small amount of dragon scarcity might improve the site a bit too. Not a lot, just a bit- i have to say the egg rot appeals to me MOSTLY as a RP thing!

WHAT IF
egge rot were like a scatterscroll item that might do something really cool IF all the eggs didn't die? Like maybe one baby hatches instead of four and the rot could boost the remaining dragon's rarity or breed chances? It could be kind of a- 'fun' gamble if you'll excuse me for suggesting losing eggs is "fun"

My example: I just bred a coatl and mirro with the same colors together and got three mirrors. If I had an item that would eliminate 1-3 of the eggs but make it more likely to get a single coatl baby I might have spent the money to try my chances and I would have an extra space in my lair instead of three potential fodder babies.

IDK just a different take on it! I liek the idea of being able to opt out either way!
@Alternatewarning

I agree with the Hatch day eliminating egg rot. I log in everyday and I would be devistated if a clutch lost a baby simply becase I was making lair space for a ready to hatch nest! If you can't login to incubate the nest up until that point, isn't the fertility scroll cheap enough to prevent egg rot? It might help people to plan their breedings a tiny bit better. From personal experience my first couple nests ought to have been better planned! A small amount of dragon scarcity might improve the site a bit too. Not a lot, just a bit- i have to say the egg rot appeals to me MOSTLY as a RP thing!

WHAT IF
egge rot were like a scatterscroll item that might do something really cool IF all the eggs didn't die? Like maybe one baby hatches instead of four and the rot could boost the remaining dragon's rarity or breed chances? It could be kind of a- 'fun' gamble if you'll excuse me for suggesting losing eggs is "fun"

My example: I just bred a coatl and mirro with the same colors together and got three mirrors. If I had an item that would eliminate 1-3 of the eggs but make it more likely to get a single coatl baby I might have spent the money to try my chances and I would have an extra space in my lair instead of three potential fodder babies.

IDK just a different take on it! I liek the idea of being able to opt out either way!
pancatcher.png bzzZrFR.jpg
No support. I remember the stress of realising I couldn't get back to my first ever nest when I was a newbie. My friend told me about egg rot, and I was going away for a while and was devestated I would lose my first ever nest :( Thankfully, they then came through and gave me a boon, so I got my first eggs hatched. But why should I be punished for going away?

I'm happy with there being no egg rot. Feeding and bonuses are enough incentive to keep coming back if you want to. I don't want to be forced on every single day just in case my eggs rot. Even the minute chances you're talking about, with my rng luck, would probably mean I lost an egg if I was away for a few days or so. So no support.
No support. I remember the stress of realising I couldn't get back to my first ever nest when I was a newbie. My friend told me about egg rot, and I was going away for a while and was devestated I would lose my first ever nest :( Thankfully, they then came through and gave me a boon, so I got my first eggs hatched. But why should I be punished for going away?

I'm happy with there being no egg rot. Feeding and bonuses are enough incentive to keep coming back if you want to. I don't want to be forced on every single day just in case my eggs rot. Even the minute chances you're talking about, with my rng luck, would probably mean I lost an egg if I was away for a few days or so. So no support.
Support. I definitely want egg rot back. Also the idea of being able to voluntarily discard nests is awesome! Both is good, please & thank you
Support. I definitely want egg rot back. Also the idea of being able to voluntarily discard nests is awesome! Both is good, please & thank you
tumblr_nh64rms0ri1qmza3yo1_250.png
no support. im a very casual player of this game (read: i log on once a month) because i have such a busy life at the moment. if egg rot was put in place there would be almost no reason for me to log back on again because it would take a lot of fun out of the game for me
no support. im a very casual player of this game (read: i log on once a month) because i have such a busy life at the moment. if egg rot was put in place there would be almost no reason for me to log back on again because it would take a lot of fun out of the game for me
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30