Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring back egg rot!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
@Jacq
Yes and no
Support but with an exception. No egg rot once the nest is ready to hatch. I run a hatchery and sometimes we sit on a nest because we have no liar space and expansion are expensive. Or some sort of opt-out system.
@Jacq
Yes and no
Support but with an exception. No egg rot once the nest is ready to hatch. I run a hatchery and sometimes we sit on a nest because we have no liar space and expansion are expensive. Or some sort of opt-out system.
I agree with Alternatewarning. I have very little lair space right now, which makes it difficult to hatch all my nests when they're ready if they all contain large numbers of eggs. Once it's ready, we've done our daily clicking, and shouldn't be punished for not having room to hatch the eggs.
I agree with Alternatewarning. I have very little lair space right now, which makes it difficult to hatch all my nests when they're ready if they all contain large numbers of eggs. Once it's ready, we've done our daily clicking, and shouldn't be punished for not having room to hatch the eggs.
While my personal preference is no support, I also agree with there being no rot once it's ready to hatch or an opt out system if implemented--I've sat on nests a few times before because I bred eggs for a friend or another user buying hatchlings but they didn't have the space or were short a payment so I was waiting to hatch them. My lair policy is if I'm not keeping the hatchling and its not sold or given away for free within three days it's being exalted, since I also exalt for treasure for projects and expansions and need the space. (And also because feeding dragons I am not keeping eats up food I could be using on dragons I am keeping.)

Having a nest promised to another user rot, especially if they've paid/mostly paid for the hatchlings, could potentially cause a lot of problems between users if the breeder isn't providing what they're being paid for and the buyer starts accusing them of scamming or such.
While my personal preference is no support, I also agree with there being no rot once it's ready to hatch or an opt out system if implemented--I've sat on nests a few times before because I bred eggs for a friend or another user buying hatchlings but they didn't have the space or were short a payment so I was waiting to hatch them. My lair policy is if I'm not keeping the hatchling and its not sold or given away for free within three days it's being exalted, since I also exalt for treasure for projects and expansions and need the space. (And also because feeding dragons I am not keeping eats up food I could be using on dragons I am keeping.)

Having a nest promised to another user rot, especially if they've paid/mostly paid for the hatchlings, could potentially cause a lot of problems between users if the breeder isn't providing what they're being paid for and the buyer starts accusing them of scamming or such.
unknown.png
Coli Grinding Services
Current goal: ???: ???/??? saved (0/1 obtained)
No support. Don't like the idea of having eggs dying on me. No to mention, one of the other reason why the egg rot was remove was because there was a bug that made eggs rot and die anyways even though you incubate it everyday. I had to buy boons of fertility every time I have a nest so I don't end up rotting any eggs. Been able to keep a clean record because of that until the egg rot was remove, which gave me a huge relief. Worrying about getting rotting nests was stressful.

I also have only 11 lair space left and I'm at max expansion, so I have to sit on nests until lair space opens up. I exalt dragon according to their daily bonus so I can get more treasure that way. Having to force exalt a dragon for lesser amount because I have to risk egg rotting on me seems kind of annoying.
No support. Don't like the idea of having eggs dying on me. No to mention, one of the other reason why the egg rot was remove was because there was a bug that made eggs rot and die anyways even though you incubate it everyday. I had to buy boons of fertility every time I have a nest so I don't end up rotting any eggs. Been able to keep a clean record because of that until the egg rot was remove, which gave me a huge relief. Worrying about getting rotting nests was stressful.

I also have only 11 lair space left and I'm at max expansion, so I have to sit on nests until lair space opens up. I exalt dragon according to their daily bonus so I can get more treasure that way. Having to force exalt a dragon for lesser amount because I have to risk egg rotting on me seems kind of annoying.
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
No support. I don't see the sense in punishing players for not playing the game when there's a reward system (daily bonus) already in place. I understand wanting to have the option for RP/space purposes but that's where being able to abandon/dicard/smash/etc. a nest would be useful.
No support. I don't see the sense in punishing players for not playing the game when there's a reward system (daily bonus) already in place. I understand wanting to have the option for RP/space purposes but that's where being able to abandon/dicard/smash/etc. a nest would be useful.
tumblr_nh1ys2XGoZ1sendkso1_100.png
Welcome to Whimsy
I usually support bringing back egg rot because A) realism and B) population control. But... [quote name="Alternatewarning" date="2015-01-02 23:53:36"]Support but with an exception. No egg rot once the nest is ready to hatch.[/quote] ...I could get behind this. Like others said, sometimes I have to hold off on hatching a nest because I don't have enough space. I haven't had to do it very often, but I imagine it would be a bigger problem for more avid breeders.
I usually support bringing back egg rot because A) realism and B) population control. But...
Alternatewarning wrote on 2015-01-02 23:53:36:
Support but with an exception. No egg rot once the nest is ready to hatch.
...I could get behind this.
Like others said, sometimes I have to hold off on hatching a nest because I don't have enough space. I haven't had to do it very often, but I imagine it would be a bigger problem for more avid breeders.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
No support.

My reason is very simple. When I breed dragons I plan to make sure I can incubate every day because I like to be punctual. However, life is funny. Many times the internet at my college campus goes down, they run maintenance, a storm comes through my home town so my whole family shuts off every electrical device to avoid lightning strikes frying our systems. Or a sudden trip comes up and I won't have internet for a few days, or I end up having to go to the hospital for some reason or another.

It isn't fair to people that try to plan for a nest to end up having to be punished for it in the event they have to be without internet for several days at a time.

As an example: a few months ago, I had breed a pair that I was intent on hatching as soon as possible. Yet the very day I bred and incubated the nest the first time, the college internet went out due to a bad storm. It fried every system and back-up system the college had. I had a few days without internet, and the nest had to wait and wait and wait. If I was to come back after an event I couldn't control to find my nest dead, I would be highly upset because it wasn't my fault and I have to wait again to breed one of my favorite pairs.

It isn't proper to punish people that can not log on every day and care for a few eggs.
No support.

My reason is very simple. When I breed dragons I plan to make sure I can incubate every day because I like to be punctual. However, life is funny. Many times the internet at my college campus goes down, they run maintenance, a storm comes through my home town so my whole family shuts off every electrical device to avoid lightning strikes frying our systems. Or a sudden trip comes up and I won't have internet for a few days, or I end up having to go to the hospital for some reason or another.

It isn't fair to people that try to plan for a nest to end up having to be punished for it in the event they have to be without internet for several days at a time.

As an example: a few months ago, I had breed a pair that I was intent on hatching as soon as possible. Yet the very day I bred and incubated the nest the first time, the college internet went out due to a bad storm. It fried every system and back-up system the college had. I had a few days without internet, and the nest had to wait and wait and wait. If I was to come back after an event I couldn't control to find my nest dead, I would be highly upset because it wasn't my fault and I have to wait again to breed one of my favorite pairs.

It isn't proper to punish people that can not log on every day and care for a few eggs.
Thanks for all the discussion. I've summarized most of the positions in the OP :)
Thanks for all the discussion. I've summarized most of the positions in the OP :)
@Chaosrose
Is it a regular occurrence that people unexpectedly have to leave for 10+ days at a time? I think that would be a rare enough exception that the negatives of losing a handful of eggs would be on par with the current negatives (dragon starvation, losing bonuses, not being able to access pinkerton, etc).

Someone unable to access the site for that long also has dragons that are nearly ready to breed again so the losses are mitigated somewhat in that way as well.
@Chaosrose
Is it a regular occurrence that people unexpectedly have to leave for 10+ days at a time? I think that would be a rare enough exception that the negatives of losing a handful of eggs would be on par with the current negatives (dragon starvation, losing bonuses, not being able to access pinkerton, etc).

Someone unable to access the site for that long also has dragons that are nearly ready to breed again so the losses are mitigated somewhat in that way as well.
@chaosrose
I understand those circumstances (and I hope your family member is recovered!), but I think that's a rare enough occurrence it should be considered an outlier. After all, the site did not reimburse you for all the missed gathering turns (or missed Nocturne event items).

It's only partially related, but I've always been in support of a "vacation mode" for the site, that freezes all aspects of a user's profile (hunger, breeding cooldowns, no AH, etc) until they log in again. Something like that I think should also effects nests and incubation. But that hasn't been implemented... and I guess in your case it might not have been helpful anyways, having to unexpectedly leave for 3 weeks. :/
@chaosrose
I understand those circumstances (and I hope your family member is recovered!), but I think that's a rare enough occurrence it should be considered an outlier. After all, the site did not reimburse you for all the missed gathering turns (or missed Nocturne event items).

It's only partially related, but I've always been in support of a "vacation mode" for the site, that freezes all aspects of a user's profile (hunger, breeding cooldowns, no AH, etc) until they log in again. Something like that I think should also effects nests and incubation. But that hasn't been implemented... and I guess in your case it might not have been helpful anyways, having to unexpectedly leave for 3 weeks. :/
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30