Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Why dodge needs to go - Admin Response!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25
FULL ABSOLUTE support
it raises my blood pressure. It RAISES my blood pressure when this happens. Please, for the sake of my sanity remove it...
FULL ABSOLUTE support
it raises my blood pressure. It RAISES my blood pressure when this happens. Please, for the sake of my sanity remove it...
Support.
Support.
Endless support. Dodge makes Coli grinding even less enjoyable (and it's actually fairly enjoyable for me since it's my most recent form of stimming) and also it gives me ulcers. Probably.
Endless support. Dodge makes Coli grinding even less enjoyable (and it's actually fairly enjoyable for me since it's my most recent form of stimming) and also it gives me ulcers. Probably.
tumblr_nc6gkdGLZV1sp5grco1_500.gif
Support. So, so much support.
Support. So, so much support.
I don't mind some dodging, but is there any way to make enemies less likely to dodge again once they have already dodged? There is nothing quite so frustrating as having enemies dodge three or four times, getting rid of all breath built for eliminate (especially as we can't fill the breath bar all the way) and then have the enemies critical hit, killing my dragons. I noticed this the most with the chests in the Kelp Beds, but other enemies do it too. I mean, there have been people who have had enemies dodge 6, 8, even 10 or more times in a row. How on earth can that be considered at all fun? (My record, thankfully, is just five. Which is still too much, in my opinion.)
I don't mind some dodging, but is there any way to make enemies less likely to dodge again once they have already dodged? There is nothing quite so frustrating as having enemies dodge three or four times, getting rid of all breath built for eliminate (especially as we can't fill the breath bar all the way) and then have the enemies critical hit, killing my dragons. I noticed this the most with the chests in the Kelp Beds, but other enemies do it too. I mean, there have been people who have had enemies dodge 6, 8, even 10 or more times in a row. How on earth can that be considered at all fun? (My record, thankfully, is just five. Which is still too much, in my opinion.)
Support (but doubt it will get implemented), and would like to see buffs if dodge is removed.
Support (but doubt it will get implemented), and would like to see buffs if dodge is removed.
Full support, OP's LoL post is very solid and the developers had alot of time to look at what dodge does to the game. Solid reasoning.

Reminder to everyone that this isnt about people 'whining because they want to land a hit every time', this is about a mechanic that cannot be overcome in any logical means and serves no purpose other then create arbitrary failure. Dodge is just one of those old RPG stats that have been staple for a long time without people questioning it. Im glad people finally are, as with anything. Just because something has always been there doesn't mean its a good idea.
Full support, OP's LoL post is very solid and the developers had alot of time to look at what dodge does to the game. Solid reasoning.

Reminder to everyone that this isnt about people 'whining because they want to land a hit every time', this is about a mechanic that cannot be overcome in any logical means and serves no purpose other then create arbitrary failure. Dodge is just one of those old RPG stats that have been staple for a long time without people questioning it. Im glad people finally are, as with anything. Just because something has always been there doesn't mean its a good idea.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
No support.

To counter the LoL thing, Dota has a lot of dodging and it's doing just fine. In Dota, however, there is an item that basically makes it so you can't miss, which would be something I'd be very interested in.
No support.

To counter the LoL thing, Dota has a lot of dodging and it's doing just fine. In Dota, however, there is an item that basically makes it so you can't miss, which would be something I'd be very interested in.
[quote name="Nequam" date="2015-01-03 14:02:47"]Get rid of it, lower the rate, whatever, just [i]do something[/i].[/quote]
Nequam wrote on 2015-01-03 14:02:47:
Get rid of it, lower the rate, whatever, just do something.

veticablue.png

V E T I C Λ
- - - - - -- - - - - -
TUMBLR .-. THEME
GW2: Esterie.7409
So much support. The broken dodge mechanics are my main beef with the coliseum. The guy who coded it needs to go play some actual old school RPGs to see how frequently dodge comes into the equation (hint: it's less than 1% in most turn-based games). RTS games are not a good basis for a turn-based game, and I'm pretty sure RTSs like LoL or DoTA are the inspiration for our coliseum system. It's like go play Lufia 2 or a Phantasy Star game to learn how dodge works.

I would love, love to give some input on how turned-based RPGs should work and help rebuild the entire system, but anything I say can't be used because of legal reasons. So instead just nerf dodge by removing the damn stat altogether. Make agility affect something else, like success % of status effects or something.
So much support. The broken dodge mechanics are my main beef with the coliseum. The guy who coded it needs to go play some actual old school RPGs to see how frequently dodge comes into the equation (hint: it's less than 1% in most turn-based games). RTS games are not a good basis for a turn-based game, and I'm pretty sure RTSs like LoL or DoTA are the inspiration for our coliseum system. It's like go play Lufia 2 or a Phantasy Star game to learn how dodge works.

I would love, love to give some input on how turned-based RPGs should work and help rebuild the entire system, but anything I say can't be used because of legal reasons. So instead just nerf dodge by removing the damn stat altogether. Make agility affect something else, like success % of status effects or something.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25