Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Why dodge needs to go - Admin Response!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25
Support for the first option on dodge "ability stones."

No support for completely removing dodge though.
Support for the first option on dodge "ability stones."

No support for completely removing dodge though.
[quote name="miirshroom" date="2015-01-02 23:36:10"]No support. The element of chance is one of the few things keeping the Coliseum from being entirely "solved" despite what the supporters of the guides claim. From the perspective of someone who plays the Coliseum for actual enjoyment and not as an endless grind, the dodge mechanic can be exciting. I routinely put a lot of stat points in agility, and get lots of critical hits and dodges from my own dragons. If the enemies can dodge or get criticals, then my dragons can't do these things either, and the whole experience becomes a boring math equation. Describing the Coliseum as "not a challenge" and a "frustrating grind" at the same time is completely contradictory. If your Coli team is taken apart because the enemies dodge, then I'd say that, yeah, that's a frustrating challenge that your build is not able to overcome. Besides which, the cost of failure is, like, 6-15 food points depending on whether you were able to flee or were defeated. Acceptable losses and you can just start over fresh again.[/quote] I agree with this
miirshroom wrote on 2015-01-02 23:36:10:
No support.

The element of chance is one of the few things keeping the Coliseum from being entirely "solved" despite what the supporters of the guides claim. From the perspective of someone who plays the Coliseum for actual enjoyment and not as an endless grind, the dodge mechanic can be exciting. I routinely put a lot of stat points in agility, and get lots of critical hits and dodges from my own dragons. If the enemies can dodge or get criticals, then my dragons can't do these things either, and the whole experience becomes a boring math equation.

Describing the Coliseum as "not a challenge" and a "frustrating grind" at the same time is completely contradictory. If your Coli team is taken apart because the enemies dodge, then I'd say that, yeah, that's a frustrating challenge that your build is not able to overcome. Besides which, the cost of failure is, like, 6-15 food points depending on whether you were able to flee or were defeated. Acceptable losses and you can just start over fresh again.

I agree with this
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
Instead of dodging, damage should have an RNG between -10% and +10%. While it still is a RNG, it is less of a all-or-nothing RNG.
Instead of dodging, damage should have an RNG between -10% and +10%. While it still is a RNG, it is less of a all-or-nothing RNG.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
No support for complete removal because it would make it too easy to cheat.

Not an argument I've seen mentioned yet. Dodge is at the moment the only thing that's unpredictable: at some random point you lose breath and stop being able to use eliminate. If that's gone it's way too easy to program an autoclicker:

Start the autoclicker when you have enough breath. Make it click abilities, then eliminate, then all the possible enemy spots. Loop this. You can make this run for hours while you do something else.

It might be possible to build a functional auto-clicker now as well, but it would be a lot harder and not as successful I think.

Dodge can be reduced, or be replaced by something else. But we need some unpredictability!

Not an argument I've seen mentioned yet. Dodge is at the moment the only thing that's unpredictable: at some random point you lose breath and stop being able to use eliminate. If that's gone it's way too easy to program an autoclicker:

Start the autoclicker when you have enough breath. Make it click abilities, then eliminate, then all the possible enemy spots. Loop this. You can make this run for hours while you do something else.

It might be possible to build a functional auto-clicker now as well, but it would be a lot harder and not as successful I think.

Dodge can be reduced, or be replaced by something else. But we need some unpredictability!
Mz9FfKs.png
imo there should be a lower chance of dodge, and maybe a limit to how many times the enemy can dodge. I just wish the coli would lend itself to more build options, because there are very few viable options when it comes to dragon PvE builds.

though it would probably be a lot easier for the staff to remove it all-together rather than completely over-hauling the coliseum.

Either way, you make some very good points! I at least support nerfing the dodge rates.
imo there should be a lower chance of dodge, and maybe a limit to how many times the enemy can dodge. I just wish the coli would lend itself to more build options, because there are very few viable options when it comes to dragon PvE builds.

though it would probably be a lot easier for the staff to remove it all-together rather than completely over-hauling the coliseum.

Either way, you make some very good points! I at least support nerfing the dodge rates.
[quote name="Poisonedpaper" date="2015-01-18 11:30:17"][b]No support[/b] for complete removal because it would make it too easy to cheat. Not an argument I've seen mentioned yet. Dodge is at the moment the only thing that's unpredictable: at some random point you lose breath and stop being able to use eliminate. If that's gone it's way too easy to program an autoclicker: Start the autoclicker when you have enough breath. Make it click abilities, then eliminate, then all the possible enemy spots. Loop this. You can make this run for hours while you do something else. It might be possible to build a functional auto-clicker now as well, but it would be a lot harder and not as successful I think. Dodge can be reduced, or be replaced by something else. But we need some unpredictability![/quote] Auto-clickers and other programs that automatically play the coliseum for you already exist. There was, in fact, a mass wave of bans a few months ago of people who were using these. And simply, I don't really find "because it will be easier to cheat" a legitimate reason for making things more frustrating and un-fun for those who do play legitimately. That is punishing the rest of us because a few players want to be cheaters.
Poisonedpaper wrote on 2015-01-18 11:30:17:

Auto-clickers and other programs that automatically play the coliseum for you already exist. There was, in fact, a mass wave of bans a few months ago of people who were using these.

And simply, I don't really find "because it will be easier to cheat" a legitimate reason for making things more frustrating and un-fun for those who do play legitimately. That is punishing the rest of us because a few players want to be cheaters.
Support. Yes, dodge adds unpredictability, but not in a way that is actually fun. There is nothing fun about being dodged several times in a row across multiple different battles. It's obnoxious.

If there's one thing I hate, it's games that favor luck over skill. I think the coliseum is in need of changes or an overhaul in general, which I know is likely not possible right now, but removing dodges would make doing the coliseum so much less of a chore in the mean time. Especially since it's required of so many events to play there.

Don't get me wrong, I love the coliseum, but honestly, all the dodging has burnt me out and I kind of have started hating going in there just because I know I'm going to get dodged a billion times.
Support. Yes, dodge adds unpredictability, but not in a way that is actually fun. There is nothing fun about being dodged several times in a row across multiple different battles. It's obnoxious.

If there's one thing I hate, it's games that favor luck over skill. I think the coliseum is in need of changes or an overhaul in general, which I know is likely not possible right now, but removing dodges would make doing the coliseum so much less of a chore in the mean time. Especially since it's required of so many events to play there.

Don't get me wrong, I love the coliseum, but honestly, all the dodging has burnt me out and I kind of have started hating going in there just because I know I'm going to get dodged a billion times.
JViYfKK.png
I support at least temporary dodge removal because I am really tired of specific magic attacks turning the coli into molasses-attacks that are more likely to happen because of dodge.

No, I'm not entitled to strike the enemy with every attack, but I don't think I should be forced to keep starting over because there's attacks that really messed up the computer-to the point of going from 5-8 battles per minute to....2. When if there hadn't been a dodge or 4, I could have knocked the creature that causes it out.

Of course I'm not hopeful that anything will be taken care of regarding the coli at this point. -.-
I support at least temporary dodge removal because I am really tired of specific magic attacks turning the coli into molasses-attacks that are more likely to happen because of dodge.

No, I'm not entitled to strike the enemy with every attack, but I don't think I should be forced to keep starting over because there's attacks that really messed up the computer-to the point of going from 5-8 battles per minute to....2. When if there hadn't been a dodge or 4, I could have knocked the creature that causes it out.

Of course I'm not hopeful that anything will be taken care of regarding the coli at this point. -.-
I'm full of rage rn (enemy just dodged three times in a row :'V) and I would like to say support, but ultimately I feel that it would make the Coli too easy. As in, we'd be able to grind indefinitely.

Like I said, I want to support this, but ehh. I'd like to see the % of dodges decrease at the very least.
I'm full of rage rn (enemy just dodged three times in a row :'V) and I would like to say support, but ultimately I feel that it would make the Coli too easy. As in, we'd be able to grind indefinitely.

Like I said, I want to support this, but ehh. I'd like to see the % of dodges decrease at the very least.
8qtapnq.pngtumblr_nky7fv7Uz91tfytxqo2_r1_75sq.pngRmHSCAk.png
No support/
No support/
Forum-signature.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25