Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Why dodge needs to go - Admin Response!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
[quote name="Zenelle" date="2014-12-31 10:23:34"]I think the dodge rate should be lowered somewhat, but not removed altogether. At the moment, the dodge rate is high, and very annoying, but if it was lowered to a more tolerable level, it would be less frustrating, and you could actually plan for it a bit (have a back up in case that one attack doesn't hit). You just can't plan for three dodges in a row happening... because it really shouldn't, especially in the lower level venues.[/quote] I agree with this, removing the dodge rate completely somewhat defeats the purpose of agility, and no dodge whatsoever would take away quite a lot of the challenge (even if both dragons and enemies could not dodge) due to taking away surprise, however there is a point where challenge stops and it is only based on luck. So support for lowering dodge rate, but no support for removing it completely.
Zenelle wrote on 2014-12-31 10:23:34:
I think the dodge rate should be lowered somewhat, but not removed altogether. At the moment, the dodge rate is high, and very annoying, but if it was lowered to a more tolerable level, it would be less frustrating, and you could actually plan for it a bit (have a back up in case that one attack doesn't hit). You just can't plan for three dodges in a row happening... because it really shouldn't, especially in the lower level venues.

I agree with this, removing the dodge rate completely somewhat defeats the purpose of agility, and no dodge whatsoever would take away quite a lot of the challenge (even if both dragons and enemies could not dodge) due to taking away surprise, however there is a point where challenge stops and it is only based on luck.

So support for lowering dodge rate, but no support for removing it completely.
if dodge gets removed
get rid of critical hits too.

(aka no support)
if dodge gets removed
get rid of critical hits too.

(aka no support)
Nn4nss2.gif - wish i could remember who did this tauros.gif
I'm in support for it being removed in PvE and not in PvP, though if there were a way to make it more predictable in PvP I think that'd be awesome too. The "thrill", I guess I would call it, would still be appreciated in PvP I think just 'cause like "HA you MISSED when I had 10 HP left!!!" is a wonderful feeling, but against random monsters? Can definitely live without.
I'm in support for it being removed in PvE and not in PvP, though if there were a way to make it more predictable in PvP I think that'd be awesome too. The "thrill", I guess I would call it, would still be appreciated in PvP I think just 'cause like "HA you MISSED when I had 10 HP left!!!" is a wonderful feeling, but against random monsters? Can definitely live without.
No support.

The element of chance is one of the few things keeping the Coliseum from being entirely "solved" despite what the supporters of the guides claim. From the perspective of someone who plays the Coliseum for actual enjoyment and not as an endless grind, the dodge mechanic can be exciting. I routinely put a lot of stat points in agility, and get lots of critical hits and dodges from my own dragons. If the enemies can dodge or get criticals, then my dragons can't do these things either, and the whole experience becomes a boring math equation.

Describing the Coliseum as "not a challenge" and a "frustrating grind" at the same time is completely contradictory. If your Coli team is taken apart because the enemies dodge, then I'd say that, yeah, that's a frustrating challenge that your build is not able to overcome. Besides which, the cost of failure is, like, 6-15 food points depending on whether you were able to flee or were defeated. Acceptable losses and you can just start over fresh again.
No support.

The element of chance is one of the few things keeping the Coliseum from being entirely "solved" despite what the supporters of the guides claim. From the perspective of someone who plays the Coliseum for actual enjoyment and not as an endless grind, the dodge mechanic can be exciting. I routinely put a lot of stat points in agility, and get lots of critical hits and dodges from my own dragons. If the enemies can dodge or get criticals, then my dragons can't do these things either, and the whole experience becomes a boring math equation.

Describing the Coliseum as "not a challenge" and a "frustrating grind" at the same time is completely contradictory. If your Coli team is taken apart because the enemies dodge, then I'd say that, yeah, that's a frustrating challenge that your build is not able to overcome. Besides which, the cost of failure is, like, 6-15 food points depending on whether you were able to flee or were defeated. Acceptable losses and you can just start over fresh again.
qIcJ82H.pngEmI9Jgd.png2ZYu6OU.png0mjfpw6.pngPXqYGyl.png
[quote name="Aether" date="2014-12-31 10:13:04"]Support. Hours of grinding only to have every other battle include three dodges does not make for a fun game, it's an artificial way to add difficulty and too unevenly implemented. Losing all your eliminates in a higher level venue in a single battle often means you have to restart, and in the lower levels it just causes frustration.[/quote]
Aether wrote on 2014-12-31 10:13:04:
Support. Hours of grinding only to have every other battle include three dodges does not make for a fun game, it's an artificial way to add difficulty and too unevenly implemented. Losing all your eliminates in a higher level venue in a single battle often means you have to restart, and in the lower levels it just causes frustration.
Plague%20flight%20switch%20Ice_zps9q6htbkf.gif
Support. It's extremely frustrating training dragons with scratch moves to build up for an elemental attack when... it's dodged.
Support. It's extremely frustrating training dragons with scratch moves to build up for an elemental attack when... it's dodged.
yahahahactoWWO2.png yahaha
Support.
Dodging, at the moment, does not make this game harder, it just makes it more frustrating while creating the illusion of difficulty.
That's bad game design.
Support.
Dodging, at the moment, does not make this game harder, it just makes it more frustrating while creating the illusion of difficulty.
That's bad game design.
tumblr_o9a264VfSg1thqsz8o1_400.png
I was one dodged 15 times in a row by a Bossdamn mushroom.

Get rid of it, lower the rate, whatever, just do something.
I was one dodged 15 times in a row by a Bossdamn mushroom.

Get rid of it, lower the rate, whatever, just do something.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
No support.

It's very frustrating when it happens, and my dragons dodge less often than enemies, but since I'm usually able to destroy an enemy team in a few seconds, it really doesn't matter much.
No support.

It's very frustrating when it happens, and my dragons dodge less often than enemies, but since I'm usually able to destroy an enemy team in a few seconds, it really doesn't matter much.
I support this. I know when i fight in Kelp beds and my Dergs had full breath - all if them - ALL went away because the enemies dodged ALL attacks. It can be frustrating when 6 x eliminate just gets dodged.... It's also frustrating when you grind in lower levels and enemies that you can one-hit suddenly do right this....
I would also support changing this, so that maybe weaker enemies dosn't have that high chance to dodge // a bigger chance that the enemies don't stack the dodges that much.

I know that dodging saved my dergs a few times, but the frustrating rate is higher then the joy from my own dergs dodging.
For the descripted stones/options you wrote... i would support that too.
I support this. I know when i fight in Kelp beds and my Dergs had full breath - all if them - ALL went away because the enemies dodged ALL attacks. It can be frustrating when 6 x eliminate just gets dodged.... It's also frustrating when you grind in lower levels and enemies that you can one-hit suddenly do right this....
I would also support changing this, so that maybe weaker enemies dosn't have that high chance to dodge // a bigger chance that the enemies don't stack the dodges that much.

I know that dodging saved my dergs a few times, but the frustrating rate is higher then the joy from my own dergs dodging.
For the descripted stones/options you wrote... i would support that too.
pkzX1ET.png6iFYP5x.png
W2Nvirj.png11cqiCn.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25