Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pacifist Pledges and Abstinence Agreemen
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
With some recent news I'm gonna post here to shove this thread up.

I highly support checkboxes for those! Definitely an advantage for breeding, since that could make it so accidental breedings are less likely. Have a gen 1 you don't want to breed? Uncheck it and it won't show up on the list! And then you can go back and add the dragon back to the list if you change your mind later on.

And of course I highly support it for the Coli! It would streamline appearances further, and would make it so there are less dragons to load on the page overall. You're a huge lair who has a few spaces set aside for fodder and only have one team or two? Uncheck all your non-Coli dragons and bang, you don't have to see/have them load every single time you go switch out fodder!

Makes it so fodder is easier to find, and any lag regarding the amount of dragons you have can be decreased. You can have full control of who shows up and who doesn't, so you don't have to dig through your list to find fodder just in case you found a cheap dragon who's a couple years old, and anyone you're not planning to train won't show up and take up space/cause lag.

I support checkboxes, not a specific item you have to buy. This is not something you should have to pay for, especially when it comes to larger lairs. Even cheap things add up in the end.

No extra images, either. I don't see a need for that when it's for personal use.
With some recent news I'm gonna post here to shove this thread up.

I highly support checkboxes for those! Definitely an advantage for breeding, since that could make it so accidental breedings are less likely. Have a gen 1 you don't want to breed? Uncheck it and it won't show up on the list! And then you can go back and add the dragon back to the list if you change your mind later on.

And of course I highly support it for the Coli! It would streamline appearances further, and would make it so there are less dragons to load on the page overall. You're a huge lair who has a few spaces set aside for fodder and only have one team or two? Uncheck all your non-Coli dragons and bang, you don't have to see/have them load every single time you go switch out fodder!

Makes it so fodder is easier to find, and any lag regarding the amount of dragons you have can be decreased. You can have full control of who shows up and who doesn't, so you don't have to dig through your list to find fodder just in case you found a cheap dragon who's a couple years old, and anyone you're not planning to train won't show up and take up space/cause lag.

I support checkboxes, not a specific item you have to buy. This is not something you should have to pay for, especially when it comes to larger lairs. Even cheap things add up in the end.

No extra images, either. I don't see a need for that when it's for personal use.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Big support.

Currently, to keep dragons from appearing on the list, I have to level them up to 10 so that fodder never gets mixed up with them. Just a little checkbox somewhere.
Big support.

Currently, to keep dragons from appearing on the list, I have to level them up to 10 so that fodder never gets mixed up with them. Just a little checkbox somewhere.
Kleos
The pursuit and celebration of glorious action. Those who pursue Kleos must be willing to leave everything behind, seeking glory above all else. Those who achieve Kleos are heroes. They have become immortal through their actions and achieve the immortal honor of serving the glory of Glittermom, the Light Weaver.
Eternal renown, immortal fame - - Kleos is imperishable
Always support for both of these basic ideas. (I don't know if I'd specifically call them abstinence and pacifist - 'ineligible for breeding/coli' sound more neutral.)

There are many conditions - age, hunger, involvement in an AH sale or CR, being in the HD - that can prevent a dragon from appearing in these lists.

Adding one more voluntary condition should not, then, be especially problematic to code.

The only possible issue I can see with all this is that players may place this upon a dragon accidentally, or forget they've done so, and become frustrated when they can't find it in the list. But this already happens with AH dragons, etc - folks would just have to remember this as a troubleshooting step.

Quote:

Agreed on both points.

As an alternative to a checklist of all your dragons (which I would still prefer), maybe there could be a 'breeding/coli eligibility' button on a dragon's profile page, which would allow you to adjust their permissions individually.
Always support for both of these basic ideas. (I don't know if I'd specifically call them abstinence and pacifist - 'ineligible for breeding/coli' sound more neutral.)

There are many conditions - age, hunger, involvement in an AH sale or CR, being in the HD - that can prevent a dragon from appearing in these lists.

Adding one more voluntary condition should not, then, be especially problematic to code.

The only possible issue I can see with all this is that players may place this upon a dragon accidentally, or forget they've done so, and become frustrated when they can't find it in the list. But this already happens with AH dragons, etc - folks would just have to remember this as a troubleshooting step.

Quote:

Agreed on both points.

As an alternative to a checklist of all your dragons (which I would still prefer), maybe there could be a 'breeding/coli eligibility' button on a dragon's profile page, which would allow you to adjust their permissions individually.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
I have and will always support this 100%. I have a dragon banished to the HD just so I don't accidentally breed her. If this were to finally come into being she would be able to return from exile and be shown off as she deserves.

I have and will always support this 100%. I have a dragon banished to the HD just so I don't accidentally breed her. If this were to finally come into being she would be able to return from exile and be shown off as she deserves.

Stuff will one day go here.
Big agree!
Big agree!
Ask me about the Ice/Nature Hatchery!
I was just putting some project pairs on nests and was reminded how badly I want something like this. Especially since we can't filter the Nesting Ground by tab, being able to exclude dragons would be so helpful. I could cut my lists down by at least half if I could mark dragons to exclude from breeding.

Same goes for the coliseum, but even more so. I've got a lair of 205 slots -and the bulk of those aren't fodder, or not until their breeding projects finish at least, and only about 8 of my permas are used as fighters. It would make life a lot easier if only those 8 (plus the fodder of course) had to load every time I was training up some exalts.
I was just putting some project pairs on nests and was reminded how badly I want something like this. Especially since we can't filter the Nesting Ground by tab, being able to exclude dragons would be so helpful. I could cut my lists down by at least half if I could mark dragons to exclude from breeding.

Same goes for the coliseum, but even more so. I've got a lair of 205 slots -and the bulk of those aren't fodder, or not until their breeding projects finish at least, and only about 8 of my permas are used as fighters. It would make life a lot easier if only those 8 (plus the fodder of course) had to load every time I was training up some exalts.
^

Definitely. While in both breeding and coli, many suggestions have been made that would help players find the specific dragon they're looking for more easily, even those suggestions being implemented wouldn't make it any less frustrating to constantly be loading the exact same chunk of dragons you know you're never going to want to coli or breed with.

Especially knowing that it takes site resources to serve you up those dragons every single time as well!
^

Definitely. While in both breeding and coli, many suggestions have been made that would help players find the specific dragon they're looking for more easily, even those suggestions being implemented wouldn't make it any less frustrating to constantly be loading the exact same chunk of dragons you know you're never going to want to coli or breed with.

Especially knowing that it takes site resources to serve you up those dragons every single time as well!
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Agreed! I host a lot of nest rentals. I always panic and am positive that I’m about to nest someone else’s dragon with one of mine. I’d love to make mine off limits to breeding to prevent a disaster.
Agreed! I host a lot of nest rentals. I always panic and am positive that I’m about to nest someone else’s dragon with one of mine. I’d love to make mine off limits to breeding to prevent a disaster.
mkpoaHZ.png
Please, this is really really convenient and I want this so bad. I have G1s that I won't breed, projects that I refuse to breed because they're not done yet, and I'd just prefer to turn off breeding for them
Please, this is really really convenient and I want this so bad. I have G1s that I won't breed, projects that I refuse to breed because they're not done yet, and I'd just prefer to turn off breeding for them

Support! This would be really convenient. As of now, I've moved all my female dragons to my hibden because I don't have that many anyway and don't want to breed them accidentally, but I'd love to able to move them back.
Support! This would be really convenient. As of now, I've moved all my female dragons to my hibden because I don't have that many anyway and don't want to breed them accidentally, but I'd love to able to move them back.
6ntc1cC.jpg
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13