Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Less sexualized familiars
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27
I'm going to agree that I don't like how the female Marens have a defined crotch area, and they should probably fix the plate armour for the female centaurs too. But I don't find the familiars very sexual beyond that. The bust sizes for the females are reasonable as they currently are.
I'm going to agree that I don't like how the female Marens have a defined crotch area, and they should probably fix the plate armour for the female centaurs too. But I don't find the familiars very sexual beyond that. The bust sizes for the females are reasonable as they currently are.
mnhny.png 4fxtl3.png
I don't really see a problem with it, except the silliness of the armor not being very protective. I don't think there's anything inappropriate about breasts if they're covered.

I feel like the maren would have been more unique if it had no breasts at all, since they seem to be half fish, but if they do, it's only natural they'd be more visible, since they live underwater and can't be as bothered with clothes. The 'crotch' looks more to me like it's supposed to be some kind of muscle.

The luna mith bothers me more than anything, really. It's an insect. It should not have breasts. But this is my opinion on the design, not its raciness (if that's the right word?)

Also, I assume the harpies probably have even less covering, since that's the way they are generally portrayed. You just can't see it because of the wing.

And honestly, the last thing this site needs is more censorship. There shouldn't be anyone under 13 playing in the first place. If it's ok to have mild violence and slight gore, it's definitely ok to have a bit of cleavage.
I don't really see a problem with it, except the silliness of the armor not being very protective. I don't think there's anything inappropriate about breasts if they're covered.

I feel like the maren would have been more unique if it had no breasts at all, since they seem to be half fish, but if they do, it's only natural they'd be more visible, since they live underwater and can't be as bothered with clothes. The 'crotch' looks more to me like it's supposed to be some kind of muscle.

The luna mith bothers me more than anything, really. It's an insect. It should not have breasts. But this is my opinion on the design, not its raciness (if that's the right word?)

Also, I assume the harpies probably have even less covering, since that's the way they are generally portrayed. You just can't see it because of the wing.

And honestly, the last thing this site needs is more censorship. There shouldn't be anyone under 13 playing in the first place. If it's ok to have mild violence and slight gore, it's definitely ok to have a bit of cleavage.
enhCzub.gif
I understand this thread, and while I personally don't have a problem with the Maren ... well, the breastplate armor is really nonfunctional. I'd be 100% okay with a slight edit, although I don't think it's the most urgent of edits needed.
I understand this thread, and while I personally don't have a problem with the Maren ... well, the breastplate armor is really nonfunctional. I'd be 100% okay with a slight edit, although I don't think it's the most urgent of edits needed.
Whoops, forgot to ping you when I replied. @blaireau: sure you can quote me! :)

And here is the link on why boob armor is deadly again: http://eschergirls.tumblr.com/post/40518947801/why-do-you-hate-the-shape-of-breasts-in-plate-armor-so
Whoops, forgot to ping you when I replied. @blaireau: sure you can quote me! :)

And here is the link on why boob armor is deadly again: http://eschergirls.tumblr.com/post/40518947801/why-do-you-hate-the-shape-of-breasts-in-plate-armor-so
1qad2pq.jpg
To be honest, the humanoid familiars do kinda weird me out. I don't see why we need so many anthropomorphic critters to keep as pets, of all things. (that all mysteriously and unimaginatively aligned w/ society's-- rather unfair-- standards of ideal beauty) But I don't think that the females having breasts is inherently offensive-- that is, sexualized-- unless they're unrealistically or unnecessarily emphasized; the only one that strikes me as... somewhat egregious is the Maren and, well, they're sirens, I guess. (why are their boobs perfectly spherical? why are they so far part? are they floating away? we may never know) [quote name="Umbra" date="2014-10-10 23:42:18"] The luna mith bothers me more than anything, really. It's an [i]insect[/i]. It should not have breasts. But this is my opinion on the design, not its raciness (if that's the right word?) [/quote] ^This. Like, what even [i]is[/i] it? Whatever it is, it's tacky. As for the Centaur Archer's armor, I guess I just assumed it was kind of like Roman armor. [img]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/16/15105/cuirasse-de-romain-detoure.png[/img] Goofy, but historically a thing. Unfortunately. XD *Disclaimer: I do not approve of boob-plate armor in any way. :'D tl;dr: Support, I guess, though I'm not particularly bothered either way.
To be honest, the humanoid familiars do kinda weird me out. I don't see why we need so many anthropomorphic critters to keep as pets, of all things. (that all mysteriously and unimaginatively aligned w/ society's-- rather unfair-- standards of ideal beauty) But I don't think that the females having breasts is inherently offensive-- that is, sexualized-- unless they're unrealistically or unnecessarily emphasized; the only one that strikes me as... somewhat egregious is the Maren and, well, they're sirens, I guess. (why are their boobs perfectly spherical? why are they so far part? are they floating away? we may never know)
Umbra wrote on 2014-10-10 23:42:18:
^This. Like, what even is it? Whatever it is, it's tacky.

As for the Centaur Archer's armor, I guess I just assumed it was kind of like Roman armor.
cuirasse-de-romain-detoure.png
Goofy, but historically a thing. Unfortunately. XD
*Disclaimer: I do not approve of boob-plate armor in any way. :'D

tl;dr: Support, I guess, though I'm not particularly bothered either way.
No support. These familiars are nowhere near over sexualized. Practically, I think Umbra said it well: [quote name="Umbra" date="2014-10-10 23:42:18"] And honestly, the last thing this site needs is more censorship. There shouldn't be anyone under 13 playing in the first place. If it's ok to have mild violence and slight gore, it's definitely ok to have a bit of cleavage.[/quote]
No support. These familiars are nowhere near over sexualized. Practically, I think Umbra said it well:
Lore shop closed for good :(
[quote name="Sirrush88" date="2014-10-11 01:31:08"]No support. These familiars are nowhere near over sexualized. Practically, I think Umbra said it well: [quote name="Umbra" date="2014-10-10 23:42:18"] And honestly, the last thing this site needs is more censorship. There shouldn't be anyone under 13 playing in the first place. If it's ok to have mild violence and slight gore, it's definitely ok to have a bit of cleavage.[/quote][/quote] quoted for truth. No support, have seen more cleavage in a pg7 game. Even pokemon have breasts sometimes.
Sirrush88 wrote on 2014-10-11 01:31:08:
No support. These familiars are nowhere near over sexualized. Practically, I think Umbra said it well:
quoted for truth. No support, have seen more cleavage in a pg7 game. Even pokemon have breasts sometimes.
66MHIIb.png
I can't support this because it's too much a matter of opinion. For example some people here are saying the Luna Myth is acceptable, so where do we draw the line? Heck, I wager you could find someone where would say that the Sprites are too sexualized and they're all flat-chested little bug/fairy things.

Also, can we not argue about boobplate being impractical on a site with dragons, magic and talking animals?
I can't support this because it's too much a matter of opinion. For example some people here are saying the Luna Myth is acceptable, so where do we draw the line? Heck, I wager you could find someone where would say that the Sprites are too sexualized and they're all flat-chested little bug/fairy things.

Also, can we not argue about boobplate being impractical on a site with dragons, magic and talking animals?
No support. I love the art just as it is, and I'm normally the first to groan at videogames, etc, with tiny skirted women and ott breastplates. I never really even noticed these until you pointed them out...

...That may have been because I was too busy oogling the males though xD
No support. I love the art just as it is, and I'm normally the first to groan at videogames, etc, with tiny skirted women and ott breastplates. I never really even noticed these until you pointed them out...

...That may have been because I was too busy oogling the males though xD
No support.
I'm really fond of this natural look.
No support.
I'm really fond of this natural look.
~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27