Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Journal/Log?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Support, especially if it were somehow linked to the "clan activity" thing on your clan profile - either journal updates linked on your profile feed, or those activity events shown alongside your journal entries, or both. I think it'd be neat to be able to supplement those gameplay "activities" with either OOC (talked to x y and z today about thing, starting legacy challenge, etc etc) or IC (clan lore stories) notes arranged chronologically.

It's true that at the moment you could simulate this with a Dreamwidth or Tumblr account, but having a rudimentary journal feature on-site would be charming.
Support, especially if it were somehow linked to the "clan activity" thing on your clan profile - either journal updates linked on your profile feed, or those activity events shown alongside your journal entries, or both. I think it'd be neat to be able to supplement those gameplay "activities" with either OOC (talked to x y and z today about thing, starting legacy challenge, etc etc) or IC (clan lore stories) notes arranged chronologically.

It's true that at the moment you could simulate this with a Dreamwidth or Tumblr account, but having a rudimentary journal feature on-site would be charming.
iiJfkW7.pngHYKufkZ.png8H57y7U.png
Suppport.

+ It would be great to have a dedicated place for stuff like to do lists or wishlist or breeding plans and so on- pretty much anything that if I want to organize it on my main profile, it would come out as nothing more than a long list of balablas in the eyes of visitors.. Not that good with text code editing as well, so a forum post with a few tabs would solve that problem simply.

+ I myself am not into writing lore story atm (real life stuff), but when I'l do one, I'd hate to think that those that will see it on my profile will have to always strain their eyes, like I do when I want to read other people stories.

+ Some post said it erlier, but I also think it be great if those journal will not allow comments (or best if it will be user's choice).
Suppport.

+ It would be great to have a dedicated place for stuff like to do lists or wishlist or breeding plans and so on- pretty much anything that if I want to organize it on my main profile, it would come out as nothing more than a long list of balablas in the eyes of visitors.. Not that good with text code editing as well, so a forum post with a few tabs would solve that problem simply.

+ I myself am not into writing lore story atm (real life stuff), but when I'l do one, I'd hate to think that those that will see it on my profile will have to always strain their eyes, like I do when I want to read other people stories.

+ Some post said it erlier, but I also think it be great if those journal will not allow comments (or best if it will be user's choice).
4oO1RBo.png *size = 525x100
I sure support this!

Sure yes, you can make a Tumblr/Livejournal or whatever, but I know that I myself would not want to make an outside account on a different site for stuff on here, and I'm sure there are many other people who feel the same way. It would be a lot more convenient if there was a section on this site for things like that.

The clan profile box is just.. too small for stories and stuff like that, which is why I haven't used it for heavily writing out lore. I'd love to have a journal type thing to go and write down ideas/what's happening or gonna happen instead of keeping it in my head or mentioning it in a small way on a dragon bio. It would be great for lore especially if the person writes a lot.. since the clan profile thing is a small scrollbox.

And hey, even though I wouldn't use it for that, it being a good list for hatchery pairings would work as well.
I sure support this!

Sure yes, you can make a Tumblr/Livejournal or whatever, but I know that I myself would not want to make an outside account on a different site for stuff on here, and I'm sure there are many other people who feel the same way. It would be a lot more convenient if there was a section on this site for things like that.

The clan profile box is just.. too small for stories and stuff like that, which is why I haven't used it for heavily writing out lore. I'd love to have a journal type thing to go and write down ideas/what's happening or gonna happen instead of keeping it in my head or mentioning it in a small way on a dragon bio. It would be great for lore especially if the person writes a lot.. since the clan profile thing is a small scrollbox.

And hey, even though I wouldn't use it for that, it being a good list for hatchery pairings would work as well.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Support! Vdex had a journal section and it was wonderful for organization.
Support! Vdex had a journal section and it was wonderful for organization.
[quote name="skyarising" date=2014-12-05 09:49:38] with all the offsite options available to people, i don't really think it's neccesary, personally. just get a tumblr and link it on your profile, easy. [/quote] I tried that, but remembering to go over there to update it was an annoyance. I'd rather stay on FR. I'm also much more likely to browse other clan's journals if they were on site rather than tumblr/LJ/elsewhere.
skyarising wrote on 2014-12-05:
with all the offsite options available to people, i don't really think it's neccesary, personally. just get a tumblr and link it on your profile, easy.
I tried that, but remembering to go over there to update it was an annoyance. I'd rather stay on FR. I'm also much more likely to browse other clan's journals if they were on site rather than tumblr/LJ/elsewhere.
tysharina_quicksilverchild_fr_by_tysharina-d8tcy3k.png
Support! Maybe it could be a bit like notes on facebook, where each "note" or "journal" or whatever it would be called could have a title.
And make them rearrangeable, so you could put your wishlist or whatever you wanted to come first at the top, and then be able to put "chapters" of different stories together. (If it just shows up as a chronological list, then lore things might get jumbled up).
Support! Maybe it could be a bit like notes on facebook, where each "note" or "journal" or whatever it would be called could have a title.
And make them rearrangeable, so you could put your wishlist or whatever you wanted to come first at the top, and then be able to put "chapters" of different stories together. (If it just shows up as a chronological list, then lore things might get jumbled up).
Support! I would like to see it used for account purposes

example

date / user name here / action / bought item xxxxx for #######

date / account id / posted/ ''thread name here'' on hour:min:sec
Support! I would like to see it used for account purposes

example

date / user name here / action / bought item xxxxx for #######

date / account id / posted/ ''thread name here'' on hour:min:sec
56898883.pngDancing Lions Gaelor Subspecies
100% support!

Unlike almost everyone here on internet, I don't have any tumblr or anything other than Facebook, so this is helping so much!
And no, I don't really plan on making one :p

I need to save things that I need to buy, dragons I'm looking for, etc. It'd most definitely be helpful, since I don't think we can really use the item picture code on anywhere other than FR.

I hope this gets implemented soon~ X'3

And a free bump for you~ ;3
100% support!

Unlike almost everyone here on internet, I don't have any tumblr or anything other than Facebook, so this is helping so much!
And no, I don't really plan on making one :p

I need to save things that I need to buy, dragons I'm looking for, etc. It'd most definitely be helpful, since I don't think we can really use the item picture code on anywhere other than FR.

I hope this gets implemented soon~ X'3

And a free bump for you~ ;3
tumblr_inline_nwugynvqaL1t7d5o3_500.gif
Support for lore reasons! My lore updates constantly and I don't want to be that person with a 2 page long bio for one dragon. It'd be easier to just put everything into story mode. I think if one should get journals as a feature, you could buy more like with nests, and get the option to lock a journal or make it public!
Support for lore reasons! My lore updates constantly and I don't want to be that person with a 2 page long bio for one dragon. It'd be easier to just put everything into story mode. I think if one should get journals as a feature, you could buy more like with nests, and get the option to lock a journal or make it public!
dlx3JgZ.gif
Total support for this.

I think having comments would be tricky, especially with modding, space, etc., so without-comments is probably the best. But this would really help with lore, updates, wishlists, breeding projects, etc.

I second the idea of having profile page tabs. Have a front page, basically with the same layout we have now, and then a Journal/Logbook page, etc. Maybe a clan collection page for displaying collections your clan is proud of.
Total support for this.

I think having comments would be tricky, especially with modding, space, etc., so without-comments is probably the best. But this would really help with lore, updates, wishlists, breeding projects, etc.

I second the idea of having profile page tabs. Have a front page, basically with the same layout we have now, and then a Journal/Logbook page, etc. Maybe a clan collection page for displaying collections your clan is proud of.
Give my dragons some love!

SzqWh.gif3wWtw.gifyPPb0.gifDEOuH.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6