Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Journal/Log?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Awesome idea!, ya got my support.
Awesome idea!, ya got my support.
adff4349de2de8388b959f3125f732aff46dafa0.gif
Ohh Yes!
(('cause then I could write all the crazy things that happen in my clan :D))
Ohh Yes!
(('cause then I could write all the crazy things that happen in my clan :D))
ChibiKittens, the original chibi derp cat
TXKcK16.png
YESSSSS PLEASE
I try to keep all my clan stuff in the infobox on my user page but it's so small and annoying to scroll through! And sometimes I really wanna write little stories about certain dragons but don't want to put in on their page 030 This would be so incredible.
YESSSSS PLEASE
I try to keep all my clan stuff in the infobox on my user page but it's so small and annoying to scroll through! And sometimes I really wanna write little stories about certain dragons but don't want to put in on their page 030 This would be so incredible.
tumblr_inline_ngwfq5Vf891rvrguk.png mwxYQwg.png
I was just thinking how it would be nice if FR had a journal area to put clan lore, or dragon updates/dragon journals. I mean people do send letters from hatchlings, why whouldn't they have dragon journals?

Full support!
I was just thinking how it would be nice if FR had a journal area to put clan lore, or dragon updates/dragon journals. I mean people do send letters from hatchlings, why whouldn't they have dragon journals?

Full support!
alphacentauri_zps5e999041.png
support! it'd be great for artists trying to promo themselves w/ smth besides their sigs
support! it'd be great for artists trying to promo themselves w/ smth besides their sigs
24m9hm0.png
with all the offsite options available to people, i don't really think it's neccesary, personally. just get a tumblr and link it on your profile, easy.
with all the offsite options available to people, i don't really think it's neccesary, personally. just get a tumblr and link it on your profile, easy.
Y99ZepA.gif tumblr_inline_o2z815OLVT1qdrhpp_100.png

dont forget to eat sleep
stretch take meds and HYDRATE!! ^^
Jenna | 27 | FR+3
FR Tumblr
kz23hWB.gif
hqOBlzs.gif
support! not only would this be great for clan lore/roleplay, for people who don't care about that kind of thing, it would be a place to record information. for example, my profile is crowded with notes to myself right now that i would LOVE to put somewhere
support! not only would this be great for clan lore/roleplay, for people who don't care about that kind of thing, it would be a place to record information. for example, my profile is crowded with notes to myself right now that i would LOVE to put somewhere
19c9b5f8958ad5a24d3c553c401ca1a4a08e4bfc.png
Support, I would love this game to go down the roleplaying path rather than the pet site path.
Support, I would love this game to go down the roleplaying path rather than the pet site path.
Fear the ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)
Support! [quote name="skyarising" date="2014-12-05 09:49:38"]with all the offsite options available to people, i don't really think it's neccesary, personally. just get a tumblr and link it on your profile, easy.[/quote] Respectfully disagree. It's far more convenient to have it onsite, and not everyone wants to sign up for tumblr, livejournal etc. or use their personal/business one for gaming. I am on an avatar site that has both a personal blog connected to the profile and the ability to create additional profile pages as well. Both of these things come in [i]very[/i] handy and I can say that after using them frequently it's made me wish every forum based site I'm on had that either or both as a feature. [quote name="JosephJoestar" date="2014-10-10 19:42:27"]Although moderating the journals for content will probably be tricky...[/quote] This is not a snarky or rhetorical question, it's truly something I do not know- are dragon bios moderated? Or do mods rely on users to report inappropriate content? On the site I mentioned above, blogs & personal profile pages are not moderated, and they are both considered personal, so even though the site is generally considered "PG-13", people can & do say things that would not fly on the regular forum. If anyone came across anything truly awful, it could (and would) be reported to the mods, but I honestly have never seen or heard of any problems like that in or before my time there. [quote name="CrypticGirl" date="2014-10-11 06:05:06"]Well, you can create a thread in the Creative Corner for it? I have a Nuzlocke story thread there and I update it regularly.[/quote] Not really an option for people who might want to use their journal/blog for collating boring information like breeding pairs & plans, lists of genes/items needed, mates needed, etc.
Support!
skyarising wrote on 2014-12-05 09:49:38:

Respectfully disagree. It's far more convenient to have it onsite, and not everyone wants to sign up for tumblr, livejournal etc. or use their personal/business one for gaming.

I am on an avatar site that has both a personal blog connected to the profile and the ability to create additional profile pages as well. Both of these things come in very handy and I can say that after using them frequently it's made me wish every forum based site I'm on had that either or both as a feature.

JosephJoestar wrote on 2014-10-10 19:42:27:
Although moderating the journals for content will probably be tricky...

This is not a snarky or rhetorical question, it's truly something I do not know- are dragon bios moderated? Or do mods rely on users to report inappropriate content?

On the site I mentioned above, blogs & personal profile pages are not moderated, and they are both considered personal, so even though the site is generally considered "PG-13", people can & do say things that would not fly on the regular forum. If anyone came across anything truly awful, it could (and would) be reported to the mods, but I honestly have never seen or heard of any problems like that in or before my time there.

CrypticGirl wrote on 2014-10-11 06:05:06:
Well, you can create a thread in the Creative Corner for it? I have a Nuzlocke story thread there and I update it regularly.

Not really an option for people who might want to use their journal/blog for collating boring information like breeding pairs & plans, lists of genes/items needed, mates needed, etc.
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
Fully support, for all the reasons butcherbaby mentioned.

As the site grows larger and fancier, perhaps the journal area could get some nice (albeit most likely basic) layouts, such as a background resembling the texture of old parchment or well-thumbed book pages. But baby steps, just having a journal feature would be awesome.
Fully support, for all the reasons butcherbaby mentioned.

As the site grows larger and fancier, perhaps the journal area could get some nice (albeit most likely basic) layouts, such as a background resembling the texture of old parchment or well-thumbed book pages. But baby steps, just having a journal feature would be awesome.
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
1 2 3 4 5 6