Suggestions
Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Journal/Log?
1 2 3 4
Sooooo I have this idea…

What if we had, linked to our Clan Profiles, a journal/log?

It would be a fantastic way to mark your clan's progress, build your clan lore, have some fun RP stuff, as well as a way to have a Hatchery "thread" that won't get lost in the forums. It would also be easier than linking to a separate tumblr/blog, since it's already on the site.

Allowing comments may or may not be necessary… I can see pros and cons of both options there.

Now, I can see some reasons why this hasn't already been implemented… it would, for one, be harder to moderate the content and may require more mods or for users to be more vigilant about reporting inappropriate content.

BUT… I'd love to have a little "Clan Journal" to update as things progress, wouldn't you? :)
Sooooo I have this idea…

What if we had, linked to our Clan Profiles, a journal/log?

It would be a fantastic way to mark your clan's progress, build your clan lore, have some fun RP stuff, as well as a way to have a Hatchery "thread" that won't get lost in the forums. It would also be easier than linking to a separate tumblr/blog, since it's already on the site.

Allowing comments may or may not be necessary… I can see pros and cons of both options there.

Now, I can see some reasons why this hasn't already been implemented… it would, for one, be harder to moderate the content and may require more mods or for users to be more vigilant about reporting inappropriate content.

BUT… I'd love to have a little "Clan Journal" to update as things progress, wouldn't you? :)
hEgtius.png
I agree! Most of my clan lore doesn't fit well into any one dragon's description. So I haven't been able to post most of it :S

Although moderating the journals for content will probably be tricky...
I agree! Most of my clan lore doesn't fit well into any one dragon's description. So I haven't been able to post most of it :S

Although moderating the journals for content will probably be tricky...
TvhLm9X.png
♥♥♥ I love cute girls ♥♥♥
honoka_kousaka_stamp_by_nooshi_beans-d8clzoi.pngnozomi_tojo_stamp_by_nooshi_beans-d8cm10k.pnghanayo_koizumi_stamp_by_nooshi_beans-d8clzxt.png
|Art Shoppe|Gijinka Shop|Adopt Shop|Tumblr|DA|Toyhouse|
Pk3djBI.png
This sounds neat. Support. :D
This sounds neat. Support. :D
5Kmi3S4.gif
xxxxxxxx
call me kiz
any pronouns
est /// fr +3

pls ping me if
you want my
attention thx
I like the idea but perhaps instead of having to find ways to police the content, there could be options for users to control who sees what like on LiveJournal or its clones. Privacy settings for certain things like that would really make it easier for people who don't want to be told what they can/can't write about.
I like the idea but perhaps instead of having to find ways to police the content, there could be options for users to control who sees what like on LiveJournal or its clones. Privacy settings for certain things like that would really make it easier for people who don't want to be told what they can/can't write about.
tumblr_inline_nvcxkcQraL1r7qfkn_75sq.pngVovN7TT.gif3yxkewT.pngI collect Tundra skins & accents!tumblr_inline_nvcxkcQraL1r7qfkn_75sq.png
Hmm...I have an idea of how this could work. What if the admins made a journal forum where anyone was allowed to make a thread but comments by anyone other than the OP were disabled? (For non-coding, they could also just say don't post in others' journals! But that may be hard on the mods.)
To make sure you don't lose the thread, you could have a link in your clan profile. That wouldn't be asking too much.

Anyway, support! The box is too small. T.T
Hmm...I have an idea of how this could work. What if the admins made a journal forum where anyone was allowed to make a thread but comments by anyone other than the OP were disabled? (For non-coding, they could also just say don't post in others' journals! But that may be hard on the mods.)
To make sure you don't lose the thread, you could have a link in your clan profile. That wouldn't be asking too much.

Anyway, support! The box is too small. T.T
1qad2pq.jpg
I agree with both ideas. I like getting art done, which I feels fits better in my profile. But I also have a lot of information about my clan and my goals, etc. there. So I would LOVE LOVE LOVE! A journal type of option! In addition I think a good compromise would be as TeffertianTales said, about the Journal forum w/o comment capability!

Neat idea!
I agree with both ideas. I like getting art done, which I feels fits better in my profile. But I also have a lot of information about my clan and my goals, etc. there. So I would LOVE LOVE LOVE! A journal type of option! In addition I think a good compromise would be as TeffertianTales said, about the Journal forum w/o comment capability!

Neat idea!
7zcCDc4.jpg
Well, you can create a thread in the Creative Corner for it? I have a Nuzlocke story thread there and I update it regularly.

Or as KittyLune mentioned, you can use Livejournal or its clones, Tumblr...just about any social media site, and link it in your Clan Profile?

It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's necessary with the various avenues out there.
Well, you can create a thread in the Creative Corner for it? I have a Nuzlocke story thread there and I update it regularly.

Or as KittyLune mentioned, you can use Livejournal or its clones, Tumblr...just about any social media site, and link it in your Clan Profile?

It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's necessary with the various avenues out there.
Support, I would use this a lot!
Support, I would use this a lot!
I like the base of this idea- I'd love something on site to post to. I agree, though, that it might be too tricky to implement, and that there are plenty of options available off-site. So no support for right now, but support later, when the site has its more major updates completed.
I like the base of this idea- I'd love something on site to post to. I agree, though, that it might be too tricky to implement, and that there are plenty of options available off-site. So no support for right now, but support later, when the site has its more major updates completed.
windleft_zpsojegxxo1.pngtumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
I would love to have a journal area where I could keep track of things! As far as comments go, I think they should either be disabled or toggable so that the journal doesn't become a mini-forum.
I would love to have a journal area where I could keep track of things! As far as comments go, I think they should either be disabled or toggable so that the journal doesn't become a mini-forum.
huOaOjf.png
1 2 3 4