Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add new gene achievements
1 2 3 4
Yes, support. I love going after achievements, and i've found it strange how the only genes to get an achievement added after release was Underbelly, Gembond, Crackle and Seraph. Where are the other ones?
Yes, support. I love going after achievements, and i've found it strange how the only genes to get an achievement added after release was Underbelly, Gembond, Crackle and Seraph. Where are the other ones?
🐺 ||DragonCave || Tumblr || Art shop || GMT+10 || 🐺
plague_survive_small_by_seepranne-d7epv82.gif
Still not added. Come on now, this is ridiculous.
Still not added. Come on now, this is ridiculous.
fIrkakB.png tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o1_75sq.png DeB4uZe.png
a129Nss.png SM9WJh6.png fX0bVgZ.png
I would like this quite abit. I've been hovering around 50% for awhile now but new breeding achievements would really boost my %
I would like this quite abit. I've been hovering around 50% for awhile now but new breeding achievements would really boost my %
I will add my support this this.

I would love to see the new genes added to the achievements.
I will add my support this this.

I would love to see the new genes added to the achievements.
riJWshy.png6qRiT6A.png
3RHrJoP.pngriJWshy.png
xNSna4Q.png
dIdT4dt.png
This is planned, its just going to be one of the last things addressed in the site rewrite.
Quote:
For the achievement collectors out there, what are your plans for the Achievement system? The lack of new achievements and the known issue where achievements take as long to reward as the Earthshaker does to wake up is very frustrating.

We absolutely plan to add new achievements throughout the life of Flight Rising. As with many of our other systems, it will need to be converted in the site rewrite in order to support a growing player base. We hope to successfully convert the achievements system over and tackle the achievement rewarding delay issue at the same time.
Quote:
Achievements

Parts of the Achievements system haven't worked for a long time. Are you planning on fixing it?

Correcting issues with the Achievements system is definitely in our development plans for the future. However, it will be one of the very last pieces that will touched during the site code rewrite project.

When we sat down with the engineering team to determine our goals and lay out the path for the rewrite, we realized that at the end of the day it held a lower priority than other integral systems that maintain the site and its gameplay functions/features. We think that an achievement system is a great addition to Flight Rising, but we want to approach it the right way on the backend so that we can do plenty of awesome achievements and not wreck the site in the process.

The reason that we have to approach this system last is because it interacts with a vast amount of site systems, features, and functions, and those all have to be in place and working before we can fully support achievements. We can't put the cart before the horse, so-to-speak.

It is very likely that the system will see a full overhaul, and quite possibly a reboot depending on how deep the rabbit hole goes in the conversion process. We'll do our best to support a smooth transition and maintain the current achievement progression, but we thought it best to prepare everyone with the fact that it might look very different when all is said and done. Whatever we decide to do, you can be sure that we'll try to expand and improve on what was there.

Will we see any new achievements before then?

Unfortunately, no. We will only be adding and focusing on achievements when they are being awarded reliably without issue - and that means when the system is converted over. We feel that it's unfair, and can even be punishing, to add new achievements that may or may not be awarded under the current system.
This is planned, its just going to be one of the last things addressed in the site rewrite.
Quote:
For the achievement collectors out there, what are your plans for the Achievement system? The lack of new achievements and the known issue where achievements take as long to reward as the Earthshaker does to wake up is very frustrating.

We absolutely plan to add new achievements throughout the life of Flight Rising. As with many of our other systems, it will need to be converted in the site rewrite in order to support a growing player base. We hope to successfully convert the achievements system over and tackle the achievement rewarding delay issue at the same time.
Quote:
Achievements

Parts of the Achievements system haven't worked for a long time. Are you planning on fixing it?

Correcting issues with the Achievements system is definitely in our development plans for the future. However, it will be one of the very last pieces that will touched during the site code rewrite project.

When we sat down with the engineering team to determine our goals and lay out the path for the rewrite, we realized that at the end of the day it held a lower priority than other integral systems that maintain the site and its gameplay functions/features. We think that an achievement system is a great addition to Flight Rising, but we want to approach it the right way on the backend so that we can do plenty of awesome achievements and not wreck the site in the process.

The reason that we have to approach this system last is because it interacts with a vast amount of site systems, features, and functions, and those all have to be in place and working before we can fully support achievements. We can't put the cart before the horse, so-to-speak.

It is very likely that the system will see a full overhaul, and quite possibly a reboot depending on how deep the rabbit hole goes in the conversion process. We'll do our best to support a smooth transition and maintain the current achievement progression, but we thought it best to prepare everyone with the fact that it might look very different when all is said and done. Whatever we decide to do, you can be sure that we'll try to expand and improve on what was there.

Will we see any new achievements before then?

Unfortunately, no. We will only be adding and focusing on achievements when they are being awarded reliably without issue - and that means when the system is converted over. We feel that it's unfair, and can even be punishing, to add new achievements that may or may not be awarded under the current system.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Hi folks,

A quick note that posts containing just 'support' or 'no support' have been removed from this thread, as this is in violation of the Suggestions Forum Policy. The staff is looking for actionable feedback they can use to further improve and expand the site, rather than poll-like results.

Thank you,
Gaia
Hi folks,

A quick note that posts containing just 'support' or 'no support' have been removed from this thread, as this is in violation of the Suggestions Forum Policy. The staff is looking for actionable feedback they can use to further improve and expand the site, rather than poll-like results.

Thank you,
Gaia
Yeah. Support.
Yeah. Support.
XOxv5KE.png
Support! All genes should be achievements and award points
Support! All genes should be achievements and award points
Any news on this in the last year? Maybe not an ETA exactly, but maybe a loose list how many things still need to be rewritten before achievements could realistically be worked on?
Any news on this in the last year? Maybe not an ETA exactly, but maybe a loose list how many things still need to be rewritten before achievements could realistically be worked on?
I have dragons for sale here (Fodder, fancy, and technicolor, a little bit of everything), and some of them come with portraits. I also do art on commission, message me if interested.
[u][/u]@valencedichotomy The last announcement I saw about the achievement section was [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2556860/1]here[/url]. [quote][b]Achievements[/b] As we continue our march through rewriting the underlying code of Flight Rising, we will eventually find ourselves ready to tackle the achievements system. Because this system touches so many portions of the game, we have to hold off on developing it until we’re closer to completing the rewrite in order to avoid duplicating work. After reflection and discussion, our consensus is that the current incarnation of the achievements system is not meeting the quality standards that we have as a team and for what we want for the player community. We don’t have very many achievements to begin with and the ones we do have feel as though they function inconsistently. We routinely receive bug reports and support tickets about achievements failing to award (in many cases it just takes a long time for the notification to pop up, but that can be confusing), and more of them stand to break the further into the code conversion process we get. That being said, we’ve made the decision that we will be decommissioning the legacy achievements system in the near future, until the new one is ready for launch. We understand this is a big change and want to be as transparent as possible with you as we move forward. We’ve included a FAQ below to help with that: [b]When is the old system shutting down?[/b] We don’t have a planned date. We are still determining as a team the best way to approach it, but we will give you a large window of time to wrap up any achievements you’re currently working on. Expect information in our Site Status box on the front page. We will also provide you with plenty of notice as we get closer to shutting the system off. [b]What’s going to happen to the achievements I’ve already earned?[/b] We’re going to be retaining achievement data on the backend. When the new system launches, you’ll be able to view the ones you earned in the old system in something like a “Legacy” section. These legacy achievements won’t be worth achievement points or count toward the grand total in the new system, but they will be there for you to share and remember. If there is an equivalent to an old achievement in the new system, one of our goals is to find a way to retroactively award it to you. [b]Why shut down the system at all?[/b] Ultimately it came down to a quality call. As we mentioned above, the achievements system was not meeting our quality standards and we decided that it wasn’t something we wanted there to confuse new players or frustrate veteran players. There are also a number of infrastructure needs we must address first in order to support a new system, without the old one in there causing conflicts. [/quote]
@valencedichotomy
The last announcement I saw about the achievement section was here.

Quote:
Achievements
As we continue our march through rewriting the underlying code of Flight Rising, we will eventually find ourselves ready to tackle the achievements system. Because this system touches so many portions of the game, we have to hold off on developing it until we’re closer to completing the rewrite in order to avoid duplicating work.

After reflection and discussion, our consensus is that the current incarnation of the achievements system is not meeting the quality standards that we have as a team and for what we want for the player community. We don’t have very many achievements to begin with and the ones we do have feel as though they function inconsistently. We routinely receive bug reports and support tickets about achievements failing to award (in many cases it just takes a long time for the notification to pop up, but that can be confusing), and more of them stand to break the further into the code conversion process we get.

That being said, we’ve made the decision that we will be decommissioning the legacy achievements system in the near future, until the new one is ready for launch.

We understand this is a big change and want to be as transparent as possible with you as we move forward. We’ve included a FAQ below to help with that:

When is the old system shutting down?
We don’t have a planned date. We are still determining as a team the best way to approach it, but we will give you a large window of time to wrap up any achievements you’re currently working on. Expect information in our Site Status box on the front page. We will also provide you with plenty of notice as we get closer to shutting the system off.

What’s going to happen to the achievements I’ve already earned?
We’re going to be retaining achievement data on the backend. When the new system launches, you’ll be able to view the ones you earned in the old system in something like a “Legacy” section. These legacy achievements won’t be worth achievement points or count toward the grand total in the new system, but they will be there for you to share and remember. If there is an equivalent to an old achievement in the new system, one of our goals is to find a way to retroactively award it to you.

Why shut down the system at all?
Ultimately it came down to a quality call. As we mentioned above, the achievements system was not meeting our quality standards and we decided that it wasn’t something we wanted there to confuse new players or frustrate veteran players. There are also a number of infrastructure needs we must address first in order to support a new system, without the old one in there causing conflicts.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2 3 4