Suggestions
Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Clear All" for Alerts
1 2
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before and I don't see any similar ones in the first couple pages of the forum, so I thought I'd suggest this.

I've been on-site since June of last year, but I only just learned you can delete alerts. That being said, I have a lot of pages of them. Also, I'm pinged a lot on many different threads. Clearing them out would go a lot faster with a "clear all" button (where the "clear all" clears all alerts on that page only, kind of how you can "select all" PMs on one page and delete them)! As it is, clicking on the Xs takes a long time currently.
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before and I don't see any similar ones in the first couple pages of the forum, so I thought I'd suggest this.

I've been on-site since June of last year, but I only just learned you can delete alerts. That being said, I have a lot of pages of them. Also, I'm pinged a lot on many different threads. Clearing them out would go a lot faster with a "clear all" button (where the "clear all" clears all alerts on that page only, kind of how you can "select all" PMs on one page and delete them)! As it is, clicking on the Xs takes a long time currently.
Tentative support. I don't think this would be a feature used very often. There really aren't many reasons to delete all of your notifications and for myself personally, I don't even go look at those pages of them.
Perhaps if you're just trying to clear them out to keep a specific few, such as thread pings, we could have certain things bookmarked? Actually, having a page of bookmarked threads might be nice...
Tentative support. I don't think this would be a feature used very often. There really aren't many reasons to delete all of your notifications and for myself personally, I don't even go look at those pages of them.
Perhaps if you're just trying to clear them out to keep a specific few, such as thread pings, we could have certain things bookmarked? Actually, having a page of bookmarked threads might be nice...
tumblr_inline_nde6q83bIw1suj19d.pngtumblr_inline_ndqlgfIUhu1suj19d.png
@Squints
I like to keep certain notifications in there for when I buy accents and stuff so I remember it's there. And I like to get rid of all of the pings from various breeders' associations I'm in. It's hard to go back and find certain notifications if I'm being pinged too much because after a couple weeks or months, they get pushed so far back that they completely get deleted. So a clear all button would be really handy @_@;;
@Squints
I like to keep certain notifications in there for when I buy accents and stuff so I remember it's there. And I like to get rid of all of the pings from various breeders' associations I'm in. It's hard to go back and find certain notifications if I'm being pinged too much because after a couple weeks or months, they get pushed so far back that they completely get deleted. So a clear all button would be really handy @_@;;
But then wouldn't a 'clear all' button delete the notifications you were trying to hold onto? Something like a bookmark or 'star' function (ie. holding onto notifications that you needed to keep) would need to be in effect with a 'clear all' like that so you could only hold onto what was important for the time being. Otherwise you'll get a notification you want to keep buried under random pings and you'd still have to go through an individually delete each one.

You have my full support though if a system like that goes into effect!
But then wouldn't a 'clear all' button delete the notifications you were trying to hold onto? Something like a bookmark or 'star' function (ie. holding onto notifications that you needed to keep) would need to be in effect with a 'clear all' like that so you could only hold onto what was important for the time being. Otherwise you'll get a notification you want to keep buried under random pings and you'd still have to go through an individually delete each one.

You have my full support though if a system like that goes into effect!
tumblr_inline_nde6q83bIw1suj19d.pngtumblr_inline_ndqlgfIUhu1suj19d.png
@Squints
I mean "clear all" for all pings on a specific page, like how PMs work. Often there are many pages of pings that I don't want anymore, the ones I want to save are on another page, and clearing them all one by one takes far too long.
@Squints
I mean "clear all" for all pings on a specific page, like how PMs work. Often there are many pages of pings that I don't want anymore, the ones I want to save are on another page, and clearing them all one by one takes far too long.
I would like to see more options for managing alerts. I see no need to get an alert for an auction house sale, for instance, when I already get an email for it. Let the user decide what they want to be alerted on.
I would like to see more options for managing alerts. I see no need to get an alert for an auction house sale, for instance, when I already get an email for it. Let the user decide what they want to be alerted on.
Cause I'm the wanderer,
Yeah, the wanderer,
I roam around around around.

fsmrof.png
... wow. i did not know you could delete alerts until this thread. so YES. clear all alerts would be awesome.
... wow. i did not know you could delete alerts until this thread. so YES. clear all alerts would be awesome.
Yes, please. The entire alert/messaging system needs an overhaul, but this would be a great start.
Yes, please. The entire alert/messaging system needs an overhaul, but this would be a great start.
earthtop.png
So much support! I have too many alerts to go through it and delete every one!
So much support! I have too many alerts to go through it and delete every one!
CLVpsxr.gifI1wXRtr.png
Oh please make this a thing. Delete all for PMs would be amazing, too.
Oh please make this a thing. Delete all for PMs would be amazing, too.
5v2mllT.pngHPEPAy1.png
1 2