Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Backgrounds
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Support.

Idea: It could also have its own individual button, like skins do.
Support.

Idea: It could also have its own individual button, like skins do.
Jd88XNq.png
5hF3FGk.png
1BvAGFb.png
BTRr72z.png
XlHqN6d.png
nWiQNX9.png
M5XJPox.pngIDESRiU.pngInferno-pin-100x100.pngRS4uSiv.pngM5XJPox.png
JvUa9ma.png
uFMfy5S.png
woVoZAh.png
YMPbu9R.png
Ahh, support, it'd be a lovely finishing touch to a dragon's #Look. I'd especially love coliseum and elemental area based backgrounds. Coli ones would be easy, too, since the art's already made!
Ahh, support, it'd be a lovely finishing touch to a dragon's #Look. I'd especially love coliseum and elemental area based backgrounds. Coli ones would be easy, too, since the art's already made!
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
Yes, please. Support.
Yes, please. Support.
ZyHyMSU.png Please always ping me!
arcane_banner.png
[quote name="Haven" date="2015-09-05 02:07:54" ] No support. I prefer it when sites don't include backgrounds. In my opinion they just make the creature seem out of place everywhere, like they're all stuck in some weird tank. [/quote] I agree. I don't really support full backgrounds. Plus, it'll look like a box regardless and that is bothersome. Though I'd be for some bg type items that make it look like the dragon's standing on a small patch of land? Maybe other items that could sit at the dragons feet and get layered with things? We have the companions, why not go further with things like skulls and plants?
Haven wrote on 2015-09-05 02:07:54:
No support. I prefer it when sites don't include backgrounds. In my opinion they just make the creature seem out of place everywhere, like they're all stuck in some weird tank.

I agree. I don't really support full backgrounds. Plus, it'll look like a box regardless and that is bothersome.

Though I'd be for some bg type items that make it look like the dragon's standing on a small patch of land? Maybe other items that could sit at the dragons feet and get layered with things? We have the companions, why not go further with things like skulls and plants?
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Support.
Sort of like the vistas, it could be a separate item that gives a bit more personality to the dragon (and lair as a result).

Maybe also like the vistas (or the new scrying workshop background, exalting pillars, ext), they can blend in with the white of the site, so they don't look like the dragon is sitting in a box.
Support.
Sort of like the vistas, it could be a separate item that gives a bit more personality to the dragon (and lair as a result).

Maybe also like the vistas (or the new scrying workshop background, exalting pillars, ext), they can blend in with the white of the site, so they don't look like the dragon is sitting in a box.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

Just gonna give a smoll bump.
Just gonna give a smoll bump.
0KZhsof.jpg
[quote name="VeiledOverdose" date="2019-05-29 23:47:14" ] [quote name="Haven" date="2015-09-05 02:07:54" ] No support. I prefer it when sites don't include backgrounds. In my opinion they just make the creature seem out of place everywhere, like they're all stuck in some weird tank. [/quote] I agree. I don't really support full backgrounds. Plus, it'll look like a box regardless and that is bothersome. Though I'd be for some bg type items that make it look like the dragon's standing on a small patch of land? Maybe other items that could sit at the dragons feet and get layered with things? We have the companions, why not go further with things like skulls and plants? [/quote] The thing is, if you don't like backgrounds, you don't have to use them. And just because you wouldn't want to see it on other player's dragons, that shouldn't be areason to not include them. I personally wouldn't want to see modern or futuristic stuff (steampunk style yes, but more modern than that etc.. no) on FR, however, many players do, and if fR ever included them, I would just not use them and ignore dragons that do use them. I also don't really like dragons that are piled with clothing, but again, they aren't my dragons, and I have no say in what they do. This is the same thing. Edit: I also want to say that I don't really care if they look like a box, as it could also be a 'window'. I also don't want only faded backgrounds, or backgrounds that cover half the page etc.. I just want pretty scenes to put behind my dragons.
VeiledOverdose wrote on 2019-05-29 23:47:14:
Haven wrote on 2015-09-05 02:07:54:
No support. I prefer it when sites don't include backgrounds. In my opinion they just make the creature seem out of place everywhere, like they're all stuck in some weird tank.

I agree. I don't really support full backgrounds. Plus, it'll look like a box regardless and that is bothersome.

Though I'd be for some bg type items that make it look like the dragon's standing on a small patch of land? Maybe other items that could sit at the dragons feet and get layered with things? We have the companions, why not go further with things like skulls and plants?
The thing is, if you don't like backgrounds, you don't have to use them. And just because you wouldn't want to see it on other player's dragons, that shouldn't be areason to not include them.

I personally wouldn't want to see modern or futuristic stuff (steampunk style yes, but more modern than that etc.. no) on FR, however, many players do, and if fR ever included them, I would just not use them and ignore dragons that do use them.

I also don't really like dragons that are piled with clothing, but again, they aren't my dragons, and I have no say in what they do.

This is the same thing.

Edit: I also want to say that I don't really care if they look like a box, as it could also be a 'window'. I also don't want only faded backgrounds, or backgrounds that cover half the page etc.. I just want pretty scenes to put behind my dragons.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
support, adding some basic background items would be really cool!
support, adding some basic background items would be really cool!
XZ9773K.gif
fKJNl8Z.png Staff pls add a Corn item j19IRlq.png
This would definitely be a very interesting idea to implement. I'd love to see it done, but there is one drawback that is a little iffy to me: All of the different backgrounds could ultimately clash when viewed from the dragon lair perspective. It's also a little over the top in my opinion, especially when coupled with apparel and skins. I personally like this idea, but I feel like it would necessitate a lot of unnecessary work that could be used to further advance other things such as apparel or new familiars.

Overall I'd have to go with no support.
This would definitely be a very interesting idea to implement. I'd love to see it done, but there is one drawback that is a little iffy to me: All of the different backgrounds could ultimately clash when viewed from the dragon lair perspective. It's also a little over the top in my opinion, especially when coupled with apparel and skins. I personally like this idea, but I feel like it would necessitate a lot of unnecessary work that could be used to further advance other things such as apparel or new familiars.

CUnQdgy.png
[quote name="Aquira" date="2019-07-29 15:52:15" ] This would definitely be a very interesting idea to implement. I'd love to see it done, but there is one drawback that is a little iffy to me: All of the different [b]backgrounds could ultimately clash[/b] when viewed from the dragon lair perspective. It's also a little over the top in my opinion, especially when coupled with apparel and skins. I personally like this idea, but I feel like it would necessitate a lot of unnecessary work that could be used to further advance other things such as apparel or new familiars. Overall I'd have to go with no support. [/quote] My question is so what? If they clash, they clash. As Isaid earlier, I don't like it when dragons have a ton of clothes on them, so I don't put a ton of clothes on my dragons. If a player wants clashing backgrounds on their dragons, they should be able to have clashing backgrounds. Players who don't want clashing backgrounds don't have to use those backgrounds. I also don't see it as over the top. Most of the sites I am on that have collectible pets also have backgrounds and many of those sites also have other apparel. There can be some absolutely hideous creations that players have done with their pets on those sites, but on the other hand, there have been some absolutely gorgeous creations that have been done as well. Remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and while you or I may hate how a dragon looks, the owner of that dragon may love it and hate what we have done with our dragons.
Aquira wrote on 2019-07-29 15:52:15:

My question is so what? If they clash, they clash. As Isaid earlier, I don't like it when dragons have a ton of clothes on them, so I don't put a ton of clothes on my dragons. If a player wants clashing backgrounds on their dragons, they should be able to have clashing backgrounds. Players who don't want clashing backgrounds don't have to use those backgrounds.

I also don't see it as over the top. Most of the sites I am on that have collectible pets also have backgrounds and many of those sites also have other apparel. There can be some absolutely hideous creations that players have done with their pets on those sites, but on the other hand, there have been some absolutely gorgeous creations that have been done as well. Remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and while you or I may hate how a dragon looks, the owner of that dragon may love it and hate what we have done with our dragons.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10