Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Backgrounds
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I would really love to see this get implemented. Today we have many available Forum Vistas, and if the backgrounds on dragons looked like the backgrounds we see on vistas, that would be really good.

Backgrounds would be good if:
  • they are a whole new item
  • the opacity is at around 65% so the apparel and the dragon would not be affected by the background and they would still be visible
  • they are not visible in the Coliseum
  • they are not visible, or can be toggled on/off in the Dragon Lair view (this is still discussable)

Nonetheless, you have my support!
I would really love to see this get implemented. Today we have many available Forum Vistas, and if the backgrounds on dragons looked like the backgrounds we see on vistas, that would be really good.

Backgrounds would be good if:
  • they are a whole new item
  • the opacity is at around 65% so the apparel and the dragon would not be affected by the background and they would still be visible
  • they are not visible in the Coliseum
  • they are not visible, or can be toggled on/off in the Dragon Lair view (this is still discussable)

Nonetheless, you have my support!
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
I really like this idea! I like the idea of elemental ones. As long as they aren't visible in the Coliseum, that is!
I really like this idea! I like the idea of elemental ones. As long as they aren't visible in the Coliseum, that is!
PQznZys.png
This would be awesome! And as others said, Backgrounds should be a separate item-category and not visible in the Coli. My full support!
This would be awesome! And as others said, Backgrounds should be a separate item-category and not visible in the Coli. My full support!
FR+9h, Germany, she/her
support.
support.
[quote name="Lorelei" date=2014-09-06 10:25:15] Support, provided they don't drag them into the coliseum with them. That could be awkward. [/quote]
Lorelei wrote on 2014-09-06:
Support, provided they don't drag them into the coliseum with them. That could be awkward.
inactive! thank you for a good time on this site :)
I am going to be the voice of dissension.

I don't like the idea of dragon backgrounds because the dragons are all different sizes. I tend to doubt that the background would be as absolutely drastically different as it would have to be if you put it on an Imp versus a Fae (like, I don't know, the Fae would have to be flying over a fairly large mushroom that you wouldn't even be able to see in the Imp background), and that would bug me a lot. The cats bug me for the same reason. The Imps have cats that a Fae could potentially be crushed by if sat upon.

I think the dragons are just fine as they are and I kinda want to see just dragons. Not so much whatever they're standing or flying in front of.
I am going to be the voice of dissension.

I don't like the idea of dragon backgrounds because the dragons are all different sizes. I tend to doubt that the background would be as absolutely drastically different as it would have to be if you put it on an Imp versus a Fae (like, I don't know, the Fae would have to be flying over a fairly large mushroom that you wouldn't even be able to see in the Imp background), and that would bug me a lot. The cats bug me for the same reason. The Imps have cats that a Fae could potentially be crushed by if sat upon.

I think the dragons are just fine as they are and I kinda want to see just dragons. Not so much whatever they're standing or flying in front of.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date=2016-02-07 15:25:17] Concept from reading crits What if the background only appeared when you're viewing the dragon's page? It would keep the lair pages looking clean and uniform. The actual background is faded about 50% to just add an accent to the back of the dragon to make them stand out more. Background would not show when posted in forums or the like. [/quote] Support! Custom backgrounds would have to be vetted by the Admins, however, to make sure they are tasteful. ;p
SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2016-02-07:
Concept from reading crits

What if the background only appeared when you're viewing the dragon's page? It would keep the lair pages looking clean and uniform. The actual background is faded about 50% to just add an accent to the back of the dragon to make them stand out more.

Background would not show when posted in forums or the like.

Support!

Custom backgrounds would have to be vetted by the Admins, however, to make sure they are tasteful. ;p
MlmX2Dr.pngfrqaMSP.gifIYKLZV7.gif
Support! In fact, I think it would be cool to have multiple layers so you can have a backdrop and background items.
Support! In fact, I think it would be cool to have multiple layers so you can have a backdrop and background items.
cp13w5x.png2vuMJuM.png
I guess maybe make them really faint and dont put them in the coli i guess yeah, id support that
I guess maybe make them really faint and dont put them in the coli i guess yeah, id support that
[quote name="Herddog" date=2016-11-17 09:58:05] [quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date=2016-02-07 15:25:17] Concept from reading crits What if the background only appeared when you're viewing the dragon's page? It would keep the lair pages looking clean and uniform. The actual background is faded about 50% to just add an accent to the back of the dragon to make them stand out more. Background would not show when posted in forums or the like. [/quote] EXACTLY!! <3
Herddog wrote on 2016-11-17:
SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2016-02-07:
Concept from reading crits

What if the background only appeared when you're viewing the dragon's page? It would keep the lair pages looking clean and uniform. The actual background is faded about 50% to just add an accent to the back of the dragon to make them stand out more.

Background would not show when posted in forums or the like.

EXACTLY!! <3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10