Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Specific Flight Change Scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
According to established lore (dragons without an element cannot exist and dragons have great difficulty using an element that is not their own) an elemental change would very likely kill a dragon.

Dragons have great difficulty in attempting to use foreign magic and if they succeed it's very weak and they absolutely cannot use elemental magic that opposes their own (for example an ice dragon attempting to use fire). So to be able to infuse themselves with a different element they'd most likely have to strip themselves of their current element to avoid it fighting off the new element. In stripping themselves of the element they'd kill themselves as dragons with an element cannot live.

Ignoring lore this could cause issues in the coliseum if elemental stones were attached. In addition a flight change would remove some of the the difficulty of obtaining an ideal dragon. If for some reason admins decided to go again site lore dragons should be reset to level one and stripped of any non basic stones and their breeding cooldown should be reset and the item should be very difficult to obtain.

I could easily get behind a way to temporarily change the element of a nest but do not think already existing dragons elements should be changed. I could also see more apparel options that affect eye color although if they decide to introduce more contacts they should be non flight colors
According to established lore (dragons without an element cannot exist and dragons have great difficulty using an element that is not their own) an elemental change would very likely kill a dragon.

Dragons have great difficulty in attempting to use foreign magic and if they succeed it's very weak and they absolutely cannot use elemental magic that opposes their own (for example an ice dragon attempting to use fire). So to be able to infuse themselves with a different element they'd most likely have to strip themselves of their current element to avoid it fighting off the new element. In stripping themselves of the element they'd kill themselves as dragons with an element cannot live.

Ignoring lore this could cause issues in the coliseum if elemental stones were attached. In addition a flight change would remove some of the the difficulty of obtaining an ideal dragon. If for some reason admins decided to go again site lore dragons should be reset to level one and stripped of any non basic stones and their breeding cooldown should be reset and the item should be very difficult to obtain.

I could easily get behind a way to temporarily change the element of a nest but do not think already existing dragons elements should be changed. I could also see more apparel options that affect eye color although if they decide to introduce more contacts they should be non flight colors
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="Aurovere" date="2018-07-29 04:11:59" ] The amount of animosity on this post is a little ridiculous. Yes, this IS a breeding game, and funnily enough, in a breeding game, you're supposed to be able to breed for your dream creature. That includes eye color. Most other sim sites have ways to change eye color, FlightRising should be no different. I'm aware it's supposed to signify where a dragon was born, but what if you want a dragon to, within their own lore/story, be born somewhere else? If, for example, I wanted a dragon with green eyes, I would have to find someone in the Nature Flight that I can trust, and give them the dragons that I want to breed. What's the problem with that? Well, I breed for very specific dragons. Exact gene/color combinations. It takes many, many generations and a lot of luck to get the result I'm looking for. It simply isn't convenient to tie someone else up in with all that. You can already change breed, as well as genes, and scatter a dragon's colors. Changing element/eye color should not be that much of a stretch. If not changing element itself, perhaps an apparel item for colored contacts at the very least. [/quote] As you said, FR is a *breeding* sim, so instead of being able to take a random dragon and scrolling it to 'perfection' (ie sex change scrolls, single color scatters, flight change scrolls etc..), it makes MORE sense to work on the breeding aspect instead of existing dragons. IE, for sex change scrolls, either give a pose change scroll, OR allow users to influence the odds of getting a certain sex (never to 100%) or both. For flight change scrolls, since it goes heavily against specific lore and would render flights pointless, why not have either a safe nest rental mechanic or, my personal wish, the ability to brew an item that would override the natural magics of the nest for one breeding. It would be expensive, take a long time to brew and be an item sink (requiring some of the more rare items or perhaps just a LOT of pretty useless battlestone items). These would preserve the 'breeding sim' aspect of the site, give players more control over their own nests, and not affect the dragon market as much as a sex change scroll would and wouldn't go against one of the only true differences between flights (as community aspects of flights can and have changed before, and lore/art isn't immediately visible to those outside the flight.)
Aurovere wrote on 2018-07-29 04:11:59:
The amount of animosity on this post is a little ridiculous. Yes, this IS a breeding game, and funnily enough, in a breeding game, you're supposed to be able to breed for your dream creature. That includes eye color. Most other sim sites have ways to change eye color, FlightRising should be no different. I'm aware it's supposed to signify where a dragon was born, but what if you want a dragon to, within their own lore/story, be born somewhere else? If, for example, I wanted a dragon with green eyes, I would have to find someone in the Nature Flight that I can trust, and give them the dragons that I want to breed. What's the problem with that? Well, I breed for very specific dragons. Exact gene/color combinations. It takes many, many generations and a lot of luck to get the result I'm looking for. It simply isn't convenient to tie someone else up in with all that. You can already change breed, as well as genes, and scatter a dragon's colors. Changing element/eye color should not be that much of a stretch. If not changing element itself, perhaps an apparel item for colored contacts at the very least.
As you said, FR is a *breeding* sim, so instead of being able to take a random dragon and scrolling it to 'perfection' (ie sex change scrolls, single color scatters, flight change scrolls etc..), it makes MORE sense to work on the breeding aspect instead of existing dragons.

IE, for sex change scrolls, either give a pose change scroll, OR allow users to influence the odds of getting a certain sex (never to 100%) or both.

For flight change scrolls, since it goes heavily against specific lore and would render flights pointless, why not have either a safe nest rental mechanic or, my personal wish, the ability to brew an item that would override the natural magics of the nest for one breeding. It would be expensive, take a long time to brew and be an item sink (requiring some of the more rare items or perhaps just a LOT of pretty useless battlestone items).

These would preserve the 'breeding sim' aspect of the site, give players more control over their own nests, and not affect the dragon market as much as a sex change scroll would and wouldn't go against one of the only true differences between flights (as community aspects of flights can and have changed before, and lore/art isn't immediately visible to those outside the flight.)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support. Changing the eye color of a dragon does not change the fact that any offspring they have are bound by the nest they are born in. It will not break the breeding system plus it is an excellent way to get a do-over on progens. A lot of people didn't realize that the eye colors of their dragons would be picked by the element they chose and, let's face it, a lot of element eye colors are not good for breeding. You could pay to change your nest, sure, but there's no way to fix an ugly progen other than illegal means. At the very least contacts should be introduced. That certainly would not affect breeding nor the coliseum. It's a simple small cosmetic change that doesn't hurt anybody and could even open up the doors for a wider range of color variations that could fit well into the lore people write for their dragons.
Support. Changing the eye color of a dragon does not change the fact that any offspring they have are bound by the nest they are born in. It will not break the breeding system plus it is an excellent way to get a do-over on progens. A lot of people didn't realize that the eye colors of their dragons would be picked by the element they chose and, let's face it, a lot of element eye colors are not good for breeding. You could pay to change your nest, sure, but there's no way to fix an ugly progen other than illegal means. At the very least contacts should be introduced. That certainly would not affect breeding nor the coliseum. It's a simple small cosmetic change that doesn't hurt anybody and could even open up the doors for a wider range of color variations that could fit well into the lore people write for their dragons.
Please ping me so I get your message. :3
(If you have a dragon that is descended from one of my progens then I would love to see!)
@Niabi

We have contacts in form of the marva eyes.

To the suggestion: Don't know if I allready posted. This seems to be pretty old. I'm not supporting this without going with the lore.

So either it stays impossible or - if made possible - it should hold the rather high chance of actually killing the dragon (not exalting) and on success turn it too weak to breed or fight in the coli.
@Niabi

We have contacts in form of the marva eyes.

To the suggestion: Don't know if I allready posted. This seems to be pretty old. I'm not supporting this without going with the lore.

So either it stays impossible or - if made possible - it should hold the rather high chance of actually killing the dragon (not exalting) and on success turn it too weak to breed or fight in the coli.
@Ismaiel
But they're not exactly pretty or fit into the aesthetic of what a lot of players are going for. So I'm still supporting actual contacts or flight changes. ^^
@Ismaiel
But they're not exactly pretty or fit into the aesthetic of what a lot of players are going for. So I'm still supporting actual contacts or flight changes. ^^
Please ping me so I get your message. :3
(If you have a dragon that is descended from one of my progens then I would love to see!)
If it only changed their eye appearance, and not their flight itself, I think I would be fine with this. The problem with changing the flight is that, said already above, it would sort of be like removing a dragon's heritage. It would also be OP in the coliseum. If they do add this, I hope they only make the eye color change, and make dragons equipped with it unsellable. No support for now
If it only changed their eye appearance, and not their flight itself, I think I would be fine with this. The problem with changing the flight is that, said already above, it would sort of be like removing a dragon's heritage. It would also be OP in the coliseum. If they do add this, I hope they only make the eye color change, and make dragons equipped with it unsellable. No support for now

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
No support.

There are very few things when it comes to dragons that can't be changed. The only things I can think of are gender and eye color when it comes to flight coordination.

To implement such an item would make it so the flight selection process has less meaning. The ability to change dragons from one flight to another just feels wrong. The few things that can't be changed in the game should remain unchangeable.
No support.

There are very few things when it comes to dragons that can't be changed. The only things I can think of are gender and eye color when it comes to flight coordination.

To implement such an item would make it so the flight selection process has less meaning. The ability to change dragons from one flight to another just feels wrong. The few things that can't be changed in the game should remain unchangeable.
knhLXgs.png
I support this entirely, but for those who don't, I have a minor change. What if this was available for progenitors ONLY. For those who have changed their flight, it's probably a little hard to not be able to change your progenitor dragon's flight. I know the struggle because I'm on the fence of just exalting my progens and keeping them, just because they don't match my current flight. Would definitely be useful for all dragons, but even working on only progens would be very helpful.

Edit:

The change would be something voluntary.
I support this entirely, but for those who don't, I have a minor change. What if this was available for progenitors ONLY. For those who have changed their flight, it's probably a little hard to not be able to change your progenitor dragon's flight. I know the struggle because I'm on the fence of just exalting my progens and keeping them, just because they don't match my current flight. Would definitely be useful for all dragons, but even working on only progens would be very helpful.

Edit:

The change would be something voluntary.
goSc2L4.png
@Pellucid

I believe that there was once a thread where people were somewhat in favor of changing progen eyes.

Honestly, those are the only two dragons I would be okay with ,because they can't be sold.

It would allow players who have changed flights because they chose the wrong one at first to have their progens show their new flight.

However, it would have to be voluntary, and not something done automatically.
@Pellucid

I believe that there was once a thread where people were somewhat in favor of changing progen eyes.

Honestly, those are the only two dragons I would be okay with ,because they can't be sold.

It would allow players who have changed flights because they chose the wrong one at first to have their progens show their new flight.

However, it would have to be voluntary, and not something done automatically.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemdar

Good point, I did intend for it to be voluntary! I'll have to edit it. But yeah, it would be nice to change progen eyes.
@Jemdar

Good point, I did intend for it to be voluntary! I'll have to edit it. But yeah, it would be nice to change progen eyes.
goSc2L4.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9