Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Specific Flight Change Scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I support it :D

I can see where people would fuss because dragon heritage etc but to get the eye color you need sometimes you have to stalk the AH infinitely for ~the perfect dragon~, or rent a nest...which I'm not really comfortable with (unless the admins introduce a real site supported way to do this)

But I think the eye change scroll would be best suited to G1s and progenitors. Sometimes you hatch a G1 with spectacular colors but just bad, bad eyes, and it's just ruined. :T With progens, when you change flights their eyes keep the old color, and as someone who has switched several times, I really wish we had some kind of option to change their eyes to match the new flight.
I support it :D

I can see where people would fuss because dragon heritage etc but to get the eye color you need sometimes you have to stalk the AH infinitely for ~the perfect dragon~, or rent a nest...which I'm not really comfortable with (unless the admins introduce a real site supported way to do this)

But I think the eye change scroll would be best suited to G1s and progenitors. Sometimes you hatch a G1 with spectacular colors but just bad, bad eyes, and it's just ruined. :T With progens, when you change flights their eyes keep the old color, and as someone who has switched several times, I really wish we had some kind of option to change their eyes to match the new flight.
UEKFohX.png
@Valemora
I don't want to derail thread, but I think a lot of people are against it because of nest rental business, and they are afraid it'll cut their profits. But then again, nest rental won't make my progen shadow, so eh >:I

I have nothing against nest rental though, honestly. I'd even go so far as say that dragon you flight changed should be bound to your account, so it would prevent dragon swapping for eye-color, and would balance things out. I really don't think anyone would lose if something like this would be introduced.

Personally, all I want is to make my beloved dragons into my element, I don't want to breed new ones to replace them, it's just not the same.

P.S. If it was just about breeding, we wouldn't be able to change breed, genes, colors and pretty much everything else about our dragons, wouldn't we x)
@Valemora
I don't want to derail thread, but I think a lot of people are against it because of nest rental business, and they are afraid it'll cut their profits. But then again, nest rental won't make my progen shadow, so eh >:I

I have nothing against nest rental though, honestly. I'd even go so far as say that dragon you flight changed should be bound to your account, so it would prevent dragon swapping for eye-color, and would balance things out. I really don't think anyone would lose if something like this would be introduced.

Personally, all I want is to make my beloved dragons into my element, I don't want to breed new ones to replace them, it's just not the same.

P.S. If it was just about breeding, we wouldn't be able to change breed, genes, colors and pretty much everything else about our dragons, wouldn't we x)
@Maelice
Oh, I don't think it's derailing, as it explains one of the reason why there are those who are against it)

Well, many people are renting their nest for free if asked (me included) and ask their friends to make sure their dragons are not stolen or something... I didn't even know that nest rental is in high demand, it always seemed quite easy to me to find one for free)) But yes, I didn't think of that, good point!

However, if the price of the flight changing item will be quite high or it will be limited, it should not influence the rentals much, as most people would still prefer using them) I guess that they are mostly used to breed good-looking dragons for sale, not for dream projects? In the first case using scroll is pointless, it'll make the dragon too expensive.

I also have several dragons, already existing, with non-matching eye color. I can breed another one, but it's such a bother, and I'll have to find another mate for the offspring, etc, etc. So I don't)) But if there was such item, I'd probably use it instead of *looks at her own avatar* ...finding some ways to hide the color. Yeah.
And yes, sometimes you get very attached to the dragon. Cloning it and discarding the first one seems... kinda cold. Especially if it's a progen, or 1st gen imp, or an old dragon, or nice and meaningful ID...
@Maelice
Oh, I don't think it's derailing, as it explains one of the reason why there are those who are against it)

Well, many people are renting their nest for free if asked (me included) and ask their friends to make sure their dragons are not stolen or something... I didn't even know that nest rental is in high demand, it always seemed quite easy to me to find one for free)) But yes, I didn't think of that, good point!

However, if the price of the flight changing item will be quite high or it will be limited, it should not influence the rentals much, as most people would still prefer using them) I guess that they are mostly used to breed good-looking dragons for sale, not for dream projects? In the first case using scroll is pointless, it'll make the dragon too expensive.

I also have several dragons, already existing, with non-matching eye color. I can breed another one, but it's such a bother, and I'll have to find another mate for the offspring, etc, etc. So I don't)) But if there was such item, I'd probably use it instead of *looks at her own avatar* ...finding some ways to hide the color. Yeah.
And yes, sometimes you get very attached to the dragon. Cloning it and discarding the first one seems... kinda cold. Especially if it's a progen, or 1st gen imp, or an old dragon, or nice and meaningful ID...
@Ryflier So, so, SO much support for this. I was about to make a thread about it too. Forgive me in advance, because I [i]will[/i] whine in this post, and I'd rather you be warned. Previously, I did the whole breeding thing to get my perfect dragons with matching eyes. Though tedious, I thought it was easily fixable, and I had fun finding the perfect mate for my dragon so that I can clone him for a baby with matching eyes.[i] I had no problem with this.[/i] My boy Gideon here is a product of one such transaction. I spent weeks arranging to breed for him, and I enjoyed doing it. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5120070] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/51201/5120070_350.png[/img] [/url] [b][size=5]But then Nocturnes happened.[/size][/b][/center] The eggs were assigned [b]RANDOM elements[/b]. We had no control over which flight they claim allegiance to when we hatch them. Unlike other first gens, of which we [i]could control the element of by choosing the appropriate eggs[/i], Unhatched Nocturne Eggs offer no such choice. So the day came when I, like @Maelice, ended up with a perfect Gen 1 Nocturne.... pastel and pretty... with [b]Earth[/b] eyes. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9802109] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/98022/9802109_350.png[/img] [/url] *screams internally*[/center] I'm sure there are fans of Earth eyes out there but I'm not one of them, I'm really sorry. ;w; I thought I can work it into his lore, but no. I did it with Rhew (my Ice/Rose/Ice Nature Noct) and am planning to give his character beautiful green eyes, but I can't do it with this guy because the color of Earth is just too dark for me. In this case, being able to change his element would have been beyond awesome. I didn't have the chance to have some control over his element, so can't I have the chance to change it if I don't like the element he fell into? The change, for me, is purely cosmetic. I would love it if he had Light or Ice eyes. A contact-type item, or an elemental scatterscroll would be perfect. I would buy them. I would buy them [i]so hard[/i]. It makes me sad that the admins won't give me either of these options yet takes away any semblance of control I could have over my gen 1 Nocturnes' element! And yes, I can breed him for a Nocturne with Ice/Light eyes. but they won't be a gen 1, won't they? :/ For now, I slapped some goggles on him. Cowls/Hoods look hideous on Nocturnes, yikes. There were no Daredevil Covers light enough to match his colors, so that option is out as well. *sigh* I really wish there is a fix for this. I could change everything else about him, so why not the eyes? I mean, the Boneyard Tatters basically gives your dragon Wind eyes... For those who are concerned about heritage, I understand where you're coming from. As someone who collects old dragons, I love my dragons having history and such. But there are some dragons in my lair that I just want to gussy up regardless of their heritage - all of them gen 1s - and this boy is one of them. And that means I want to be able to customize his eyes, too. [center]Anyway if you're read this far, thanks. Have a coin or two. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img][/center]
@Ryflier

So, so, SO much support for this. I was about to make a thread about it too.

Forgive me in advance, because I will whine in this post, and I'd rather you be warned.

Previously, I did the whole breeding thing to get my perfect dragons with matching eyes. Though tedious, I thought it was easily fixable, and I had fun finding the perfect mate for my dragon so that I can clone him for a baby with matching eyes. I had no problem with this. My boy Gideon here is a product of one such transaction. I spent weeks arranging to breed for him, and I enjoyed doing it.

5120070_350.png

But then Nocturnes happened.

The eggs were assigned RANDOM elements. We had no control over which flight they claim allegiance to when we hatch them. Unlike other first gens, of which we could control the element of by choosing the appropriate eggs, Unhatched Nocturne Eggs offer no such choice.

So the day came when I, like @Maelice, ended up with a perfect Gen 1 Nocturne.... pastel and pretty... with Earth eyes.

9802109_350.png

*screams internally*

I'm sure there are fans of Earth eyes out there but I'm not one of them, I'm really sorry. ;w; I thought I can work it into his lore, but no. I did it with Rhew (my Ice/Rose/Ice Nature Noct) and am planning to give his character beautiful green eyes, but I can't do it with this guy because the color of Earth is just too dark for me.

In this case, being able to change his element would have been beyond awesome. I didn't have the chance to have some control over his element, so can't I have the chance to change it if I don't like the element he fell into?

The change, for me, is purely cosmetic. I would love it if he had Light or Ice eyes. A contact-type item, or an elemental scatterscroll would be perfect. I would buy them. I would buy them so hard. It makes me sad that the admins won't give me either of these options yet takes away any semblance of control I could have over my gen 1 Nocturnes' element! And yes, I can breed him for a Nocturne with Ice/Light eyes. but they won't be a gen 1, won't they? :/

For now, I slapped some goggles on him. Cowls/Hoods look hideous on Nocturnes, yikes. There were no Daredevil Covers light enough to match his colors, so that option is out as well. *sigh* I really wish there is a fix for this. I could change everything else about him, so why not the eyes? I mean, the Boneyard Tatters basically gives your dragon Wind eyes...

For those who are concerned about heritage, I understand where you're coming from. As someone who collects old dragons, I love my dragons having history and such. But there are some dragons in my lair that I just want to gussy up regardless of their heritage - all of them gen 1s - and this boy is one of them. And that means I want to be able to customize his eyes, too.

Anyway if you're read this far, thanks.
Have a coin or two.
icon_treasure.pngicon_treasure.pngicon_treasure.png
I don't understand much about nest rentals or Gen One sales, but I feel somewhat apprehensive about the idea of element change scrolls.

If we're able to change a dragon's element, then literally the only things unique and unchangeable about that dragon will become their ID number and their sex. It just feels.. I dunno, it makes them seem a lot more like an abstractified collection of data values and less like a dragon individual that was hatched somewhere out of an egg.

I totally agree that there could be a very comfortable niche for it in the lore however, considering that even though dragons seem to be built out of their nest/egg element they're also capable of living in lands totally alien to them (a Fire dragon living in a Water clan, for example) and I don't see why their nature element couldn't adapt and change too, in extreme cases.

If however element change scrolls were as frequently available and used as breed change/gene/scatterscrolls that would totally 'throw me out of my immersion' as the nerds these days say, and I'd personally be very sad. :c
As a super rare thing like a Nocturne Scroll etc. though, I begrudgingly admit the idea could work.

And as far as 'searching for the perfect dragon' goes I too have done the thing where you're looking for exactly THAT dragon with THOSE eyes and I have to say it's a pain in the behind but it's also one of the first things that got me to crawl out of my shell when I first joined and start actually talking to FR users I didn't know.
I don't want to mash my own opinions in here too much but I do feel like that's a thing to take into consideration perhaps. The way FR's community is right now I love it to death, and I really want to see that awesome level of user interchange (PM's from strangers! 'looking for perfect dragon' topics!) and initiative (nest rentals! breeding notifications!) maintained yes please.
I don't understand much about nest rentals or Gen One sales, but I feel somewhat apprehensive about the idea of element change scrolls.

If we're able to change a dragon's element, then literally the only things unique and unchangeable about that dragon will become their ID number and their sex. It just feels.. I dunno, it makes them seem a lot more like an abstractified collection of data values and less like a dragon individual that was hatched somewhere out of an egg.

I totally agree that there could be a very comfortable niche for it in the lore however, considering that even though dragons seem to be built out of their nest/egg element they're also capable of living in lands totally alien to them (a Fire dragon living in a Water clan, for example) and I don't see why their nature element couldn't adapt and change too, in extreme cases.

If however element change scrolls were as frequently available and used as breed change/gene/scatterscrolls that would totally 'throw me out of my immersion' as the nerds these days say, and I'd personally be very sad. :c
As a super rare thing like a Nocturne Scroll etc. though, I begrudgingly admit the idea could work.

And as far as 'searching for the perfect dragon' goes I too have done the thing where you're looking for exactly THAT dragon with THOSE eyes and I have to say it's a pain in the behind but it's also one of the first things that got me to crawl out of my shell when I first joined and start actually talking to FR users I didn't know.
I don't want to mash my own opinions in here too much but I do feel like that's a thing to take into consideration perhaps. The way FR's community is right now I love it to death, and I really want to see that awesome level of user interchange (PM's from strangers! 'looking for perfect dragon' topics!) and initiative (nest rentals! breeding notifications!) maintained yes please.
No support to change flights of dragons.

I think eye-changer accents/skins would be good enough.
No support to change flights of dragons.

I think eye-changer accents/skins would be good enough.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.giftumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro5_250.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
I'd support this.

As a strict collector of Gen 1 dragons only, I can't simply breed for nice eye colours. :P
I'd support this.

As a strict collector of Gen 1 dragons only, I can't simply breed for nice eye colours. :P
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Support.

I simply don't feel any of the arguments against getting at least something to change the eye color are very strong.

I also don't feel like It would actually make breeding easier since the only difference right now would be where the egg was hatched.

I know some people like to just say go rent a nest but not everyone likes doing this.
Not only do I prefer having my dragons their babies actually being born with me, having to rent a nest and sent away my dragons would do nothing but give me constant stress during the 5 days my dragons are gone since there's no way to guarantee that I'll get my dragons and their babies back.

My favourite ideas so far are selling the scrolls during the flights holiday or contacts.
Support.

I simply don't feel any of the arguments against getting at least something to change the eye color are very strong.

I also don't feel like It would actually make breeding easier since the only difference right now would be where the egg was hatched.

I know some people like to just say go rent a nest but not everyone likes doing this.
Not only do I prefer having my dragons their babies actually being born with me, having to rent a nest and sent away my dragons would do nothing but give me constant stress during the 5 days my dragons are gone since there's no way to guarantee that I'll get my dragons and their babies back.

My favourite ideas so far are selling the scrolls during the flights holiday or contacts.
tumblr_nxg9qlxXAY1stv40do3_250.pngH8psIy2.pngtumblr_nxg9qlxXAY1stv40do2_250.png

No support.

Reason to this is that changing flight of a dragon would break part of the breeding game and the origins of a certain dragon. Also it would mix up our poor coliseum because the element would change. :)
No support.

Reason to this is that changing flight of a dragon would break part of the breeding game and the origins of a certain dragon. Also it would mix up our poor coliseum because the element would change. :)
HlyrCMY.png
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time flies when you're having rum me boys,
Time flies when you're having rum,
When you're sailing under the black flag
And you're firing all your guns
- Pirates for Sale
JsGepaO.png

xCFDZf6.png
@GoldieTheDeer

It is fine to bring back threads in this forum, but the Administration has already stated this would not happen.

There are several reasons why this will not happen, but the main one is that there needs to be static elements in the game to make it a challenge.

Just as the idea of being able to change a male dragon into a female dragon by a sex change scroll this idea will not be implemented no matter how many players do support it because it takes the challenge out of it.

This is not the only time that a Flight change scroll has been suggested though it may be among the oldest of the suggestions, but it is still considered a "dead horse" topic that players keep beating.

Sorry no support, and the Administration has already stated this will not happen.
@GoldieTheDeer

It is fine to bring back threads in this forum, but the Administration has already stated this would not happen.

There are several reasons why this will not happen, but the main one is that there needs to be static elements in the game to make it a challenge.

Just as the idea of being able to change a male dragon into a female dragon by a sex change scroll this idea will not be implemented no matter how many players do support it because it takes the challenge out of it.

This is not the only time that a Flight change scroll has been suggested though it may be among the oldest of the suggestions, but it is still considered a "dead horse" topic that players keep beating.

Sorry no support, and the Administration has already stated this will not happen.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9