Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Specific Flight Change Scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
As a roleplayer who relies heavily on lore to shape the personalities of my dragons, I support this. Granted I support this ONLY if the item were as rare and sought-after as something like the elemental sprites. My reasoning? There are so many dragons whose backstories would fit better if I could change their element.

For me it isn't so much about the color or the look of the eyes, just the fact that certain personality traits seem to be more prominent in the different flights. Frankly, saying that my dragon is an exception to a rule feels like cheating, and I've had to get rid of many dragons simply because I couldn't find a way to work them into my clan dynamic.

After reading the arguments, I understand that this is probably not going to happen. Though, for those of you arguing the "heritage" aspect of this, I would like to say that sometimes people break free from their past and build new lives for themselves. Why should these dragons be any different?
As a roleplayer who relies heavily on lore to shape the personalities of my dragons, I support this. Granted I support this ONLY if the item were as rare and sought-after as something like the elemental sprites. My reasoning? There are so many dragons whose backstories would fit better if I could change their element.

For me it isn't so much about the color or the look of the eyes, just the fact that certain personality traits seem to be more prominent in the different flights. Frankly, saying that my dragon is an exception to a rule feels like cheating, and I've had to get rid of many dragons simply because I couldn't find a way to work them into my clan dynamic.

After reading the arguments, I understand that this is probably not going to happen. Though, for those of you arguing the "heritage" aspect of this, I would like to say that sometimes people break free from their past and build new lives for themselves. Why should these dragons be any different?
@NotQuiteToxic

You summed up my exact reasons for wanting these scrolls :)
@NotQuiteToxic

You summed up my exact reasons for wanting these scrolls :)
@NotQuiteToxic Mine as well, I agree completely!
@NotQuiteToxic Mine as well, I agree completely!
Now that people mention cosmetic changes (that's why you'd mentioned it), I'm thinking it could be made an accent. We can't layer (though we should be allowed to...), but it's a good use of them otherwise. They're not difficult. A bit of cleaning--they could probably be given their own twist, like lashes or shadow or extra inner glow. It may be weird to ask folks to charge just the cost of blueprints, no profit, but they are simple, fairly cheap, and it's not a terrible loss? Skins sometimes cover eyes, so it'd be nothing new. I'd do it~ Call it "eye spy", cause it's what infiltrators use.
Now that people mention cosmetic changes (that's why you'd mentioned it), I'm thinking it could be made an accent. We can't layer (though we should be allowed to...), but it's a good use of them otherwise. They're not difficult. A bit of cleaning--they could probably be given their own twist, like lashes or shadow or extra inner glow. It may be weird to ask folks to charge just the cost of blueprints, no profit, but they are simple, fairly cheap, and it's not a terrible loss? Skins sometimes cover eyes, so it'd be nothing new. I'd do it~ Call it "eye spy", cause it's what infiltrators use.
tumblr_inline_nkv3lxj0hb1qg2i5p.png CALL
1-800
Crystalbelly
NOW!!!

#AllTheRainbows
#ClickHereForMore
No support.

Would rather have colored contacts as an (expensive) apparel item.
No support.

@FRiv

Not possible.
Quote:
Q: Can I change a dragon's eye color via a Custom Skin or Accent?
Not at this time. Eye color is indicative of the dragon's elemental heritage, and the prime visual representation of its flight identity, which is something we'd like to preserve.
@FRiv

Not possible.
Quote:
Q: Can I change a dragon's eye color via a Custom Skin or Accent?
Not at this time. Eye color is indicative of the dragon's elemental heritage, and the prime visual representation of its flight identity, which is something we'd like to preserve.
No support for all the reasons already said.

On the heritage thing. There's a reason you can change a dragon breed. It's the only way to introduce either new breeds or really anything that's not a plentiful species. If anything, you can say the dragon eyes help define the culture of said dragon. A nature dragon might have a difficult time fitting in a plague lair. Maybe an arcane dragon argues with a light dragon about the knowledge gathering process. Maybe an earth dragon has a hard time getting a lightning dragon and vice versa.

I wouldn't mind a cosmetic item however. That could be fun to play around with especially for RP reasons. I would only like this if it didn't change the dragon's element.
No support for all the reasons already said.

On the heritage thing. There's a reason you can change a dragon breed. It's the only way to introduce either new breeds or really anything that's not a plentiful species. If anything, you can say the dragon eyes help define the culture of said dragon. A nature dragon might have a difficult time fitting in a plague lair. Maybe an arcane dragon argues with a light dragon about the knowledge gathering process. Maybe an earth dragon has a hard time getting a lightning dragon and vice versa.

I wouldn't mind a cosmetic item however. That could be fun to play around with especially for RP reasons. I would only like this if it didn't change the dragon's element.
No support for reasons previously stated. Some things just can't be changed and have to be worked around. I know that they are just clumps of pixels and don't have actual identities or heritage or w/e. I just think of it along the lines of the fact that in real life you can make extensive changes to yourself but there is no legal way to change your birthplace. You are stuck with it through no intention of your own. [quote name="Velyanthe" date="2014-11-05 10:20:36"]No support. Would rather have colored contacts as an (expensive) apparel item.[/quote]
No support for reasons previously stated. Some things just can't be changed and have to be worked around. I know that they are just clumps of pixels and don't have actual identities or heritage or w/e. I just think of it along the lines of the fact that in real life you can make extensive changes to yourself but there is no legal way to change your birthplace. You are stuck with it through no intention of your own.
Velyanthe wrote on 2014-11-05 10:20:36:
No support.

forgranite-banner-500x90.png
I like this idea. Although not the replacing elemental runes with the change scrolls. Making them a festival related item is a good idea though. I don't think anything meaningful would be lost by allowing people to change the element of a specific dragon. Especially if there are people like me that care, not about the eye color, but care about the overall aesthetic of a dragon matching its element.

If I have a dragon that is shades of gold and brown, I'd like it way more as an earth dragon than as an arcane dragon. And if the items were kept to the elemental festival of the element you want to change to then people would have to make the choice between using a nest rental, or waiting a period of months to change the dragon to a specific element. All in all, support.
I like this idea. Although not the replacing elemental runes with the change scrolls. Making them a festival related item is a good idea though. I don't think anything meaningful would be lost by allowing people to change the element of a specific dragon. Especially if there are people like me that care, not about the eye color, but care about the overall aesthetic of a dragon matching its element.

If I have a dragon that is shades of gold and brown, I'd like it way more as an earth dragon than as an arcane dragon. And if the items were kept to the elemental festival of the element you want to change to then people would have to make the choice between using a nest rental, or waiting a period of months to change the dragon to a specific element. All in all, support.
No support for the reasons stated above,

Also popping in to say that the admins have said there will not and never will be a element change/contact item introduced.
No support for the reasons stated above,

Also popping in to say that the admins have said there will not and never will be a element change/contact item introduced.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9