Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Can we PLEASE make an Exalt Shop
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
I agree - if they're for points, the points should be huuuuge. Like, arcade prize size.
I agree - if they're for points, the points should be huuuuge. Like, arcade prize size.
As someone who exalts a crapton of dragons and thinks more dragons should be exalted constantly, I'm totally for this.
As someone who exalts a crapton of dragons and thinks more dragons should be exalted constantly, I'm totally for this.
HEPmLsK.png
The admins have said early on that dragon selling was never meant to be a permanently viable way to make money. That's why the economy is low, not a reluctance to exalt. I think the new perks to exalting have already started helping as well. There's more of a reason to work at it now that theres a second and third place to work toward.

Also, dragon rarity isnt really important anymore. Anything that can infinitely breed will drop dramatically in price. As long as that breeding remains infinite, so will the dragons produced from it.

Not saying that i dont support, i think that an exalt shop could be a neat idea if implemented right, i just dont agree that there's a problem with the economy. It was never intended to stay afloat due to the infinite breeding mechanic.
The admins have said early on that dragon selling was never meant to be a permanently viable way to make money. That's why the economy is low, not a reluctance to exalt. I think the new perks to exalting have already started helping as well. There's more of a reason to work at it now that theres a second and third place to work toward.

Also, dragon rarity isnt really important anymore. Anything that can infinitely breed will drop dramatically in price. As long as that breeding remains infinite, so will the dragons produced from it.

Not saying that i dont support, i think that an exalt shop could be a neat idea if implemented right, i just dont agree that there's a problem with the economy. It was never intended to stay afloat due to the infinite breeding mechanic.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
Support. Anything to give more reason to exalt dragons is good.

@EnchantingCurse

Just because the admins didn't intend the game to be played that way doesn't change that it is. The fairground games and gathering (usually) don't give you all that much money, and I'm personally bored to tears when I do coli.

Also, rarity is still a thing. As stated above, it takes half the time to breed a nest full of common dragons than rare ones and honestly, if there was more reason to exalt the rarer dragons (like more reward points in a shop), then that would cause the population to go down since more people would be willing to exalt.

Also x2, are you really sure there's nothing wrong with the economy? Really? Hm.
Support. Anything to give more reason to exalt dragons is good.

@EnchantingCurse

Just because the admins didn't intend the game to be played that way doesn't change that it is. The fairground games and gathering (usually) don't give you all that much money, and I'm personally bored to tears when I do coli.

Also, rarity is still a thing. As stated above, it takes half the time to breed a nest full of common dragons than rare ones and honestly, if there was more reason to exalt the rarer dragons (like more reward points in a shop), then that would cause the population to go down since more people would be willing to exalt.

Also x2, are you really sure there's nothing wrong with the economy? Really? Hm.
Make this tiny goat a familiar.
Micro Goat
Support!
Support!
ArtShopSignature_Split_1.png ............. ArtShopSignature_Split_2.png
@laughsassin
Their intention for the game is more important than what the players think it should be. They created it with the proper usage of its functions. Selling dragons was never going to be a viable way to make a lot of treasure because it simply wouldnt hold up in an infinite breeding mechanic. That's not an opinion, thats a fact. Anything thats infinite will not hold its value.

And i dont see anything wrong with the economy because the problem isnt that we need more dragon/treasure sinks, but that we actually need a steady flow of new players. The economy will become much better when open registration happens. Not the dragon market, but the item economy. Then again, as i said, this is how they knew the dragon market was going to go.
@laughsassin
Their intention for the game is more important than what the players think it should be. They created it with the proper usage of its functions. Selling dragons was never going to be a viable way to make a lot of treasure because it simply wouldnt hold up in an infinite breeding mechanic. That's not an opinion, thats a fact. Anything thats infinite will not hold its value.

And i dont see anything wrong with the economy because the problem isnt that we need more dragon/treasure sinks, but that we actually need a steady flow of new players. The economy will become much better when open registration happens. Not the dragon market, but the item economy. Then again, as i said, this is how they knew the dragon market was going to go.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
Support!
Support!
In regard to new breed swap threads: if you decline my offer and I make the same offer later, please know I've legit forgotten I made the offer already and I'm sorry for bothering you twice. I have a garbage memory.
Unfortunately I see this being horribly abused.

Doing a quick run in the AH, here's an approximate breakdown of breeds and how many are for sale...

'Common' total = 10,400
Fae 2,300
Guardian 4,000
Tundra 2,300
Mirror 1,800

'Uncommon' total = 10,700
Pearl 2,200
Snapper 1,700
Ridgeback 2,900
Spiral 3,900

'Rare' ? What are SDs even?
Skydancer 7,000

'Special' total = 11,600
Wildclaw 3,000
Coatl 8,600

Imperials 9,200

The point system wouldn't work. There are nearly as many Imps for sale RIGHT NOW as all the common breeds put together, and giving them increased point value would only exacerbate the situation.

It sounds nice but it wouldn't work.
No support for breed point difference, but overall an exalt shop would be kinda neat.

I think offering exclusive items from your Clan (since it would be exalting to your particular dragon lord) would be kinda neat though c:
Unfortunately I see this being horribly abused.

Doing a quick run in the AH, here's an approximate breakdown of breeds and how many are for sale...

'Common' total = 10,400
Fae 2,300
Guardian 4,000
Tundra 2,300
Mirror 1,800

'Uncommon' total = 10,700
Pearl 2,200
Snapper 1,700
Ridgeback 2,900
Spiral 3,900

'Rare' ? What are SDs even?
Skydancer 7,000

'Special' total = 11,600
Wildclaw 3,000
Coatl 8,600

Imperials 9,200

The point system wouldn't work. There are nearly as many Imps for sale RIGHT NOW as all the common breeds put together, and giving them increased point value would only exacerbate the situation.

It sounds nice but it wouldn't work.
No support for breed point difference, but overall an exalt shop would be kinda neat.

I think offering exclusive items from your Clan (since it would be exalting to your particular dragon lord) would be kinda neat though c:
@EnchantingCurse

That really doesn't make sense. Yeah, the staff wanted it one way, but if their audience doesn't go with that, then that's who they ultimately answer to. People can set up a game how they want it to be all they like, but if they don't actually make incentives to do things other than breed dragons, then that's what the players are going to do. Plenty of people don't like coli, and the fairground games and gathering aren't going to cut it. The games are tedious and gathering still earns you less than breeding dragons.

Having more players won't magically fix things because they're gonna have dragons that they're going to sell and there will be even MORE dragons on the market. Also, all the current ways to make money are infinite unless you buy exclusive items and hold onto them to resell, and honestly the item market is doing much better than the market for dragons. Which is what this website is about. Dragons, not clothes for dragons, but dragons.
@EnchantingCurse

That really doesn't make sense. Yeah, the staff wanted it one way, but if their audience doesn't go with that, then that's who they ultimately answer to. People can set up a game how they want it to be all they like, but if they don't actually make incentives to do things other than breed dragons, then that's what the players are going to do. Plenty of people don't like coli, and the fairground games and gathering aren't going to cut it. The games are tedious and gathering still earns you less than breeding dragons.

Having more players won't magically fix things because they're gonna have dragons that they're going to sell and there will be even MORE dragons on the market. Also, all the current ways to make money are infinite unless you buy exclusive items and hold onto them to resell, and honestly the item market is doing much better than the market for dragons. Which is what this website is about. Dragons, not clothes for dragons, but dragons.
Micro Goat
@Oszs

After the initial flood of people exalting, it would start to balance out. Right now, the discrepancy is caused by more people exalting common breeds right now since selling them isn't worth it while people hold onto uncommon+ breeds since selling them is still worth more than exalting at this point in time.
@Oszs

After the initial flood of people exalting, it would start to balance out. Right now, the discrepancy is caused by more people exalting common breeds right now since selling them isn't worth it while people hold onto uncommon+ breeds since selling them is still worth more than exalting at this point in time.
Micro Goat
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17