Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Can we PLEASE make an Exalt Shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
[quote name="MisterJaeger" date="2014-08-20 13:12:23"]TaffertianTales I think same amount points regardless of breed would be unfair. It takes half the time to breed a nest of tundras than it does to breed a nest of Coatls. Dragons with over 30 days should DEFINITELY get more points per dragon.[/quote]Okay, that's a fair point. I can get behind it for that reason. The same amount of points, however, would encourage people to only breed rares when they wanted to keep/sell them. I'm now neutral on this point.
MisterJaeger wrote on 2014-08-20 13:12:23:
TaffertianTales

I think same amount points regardless of breed would be unfair. It takes half the time to breed a nest of tundras than it does to breed a nest of Coatls.

Dragons with over 30 days should DEFINITELY get more points per dragon.
Okay, that's a fair point. I can get behind it for that reason.
The same amount of points, however, would encourage people to only breed rares when they wanted to keep/sell them.
I'm now neutral on this point.
1qad2pq.jpg
wow i am all for supporting this idea
wow i am all for supporting this idea
2ElOrq4.pngWYFduEM.pngVwV4nJr.png9t7iNW7.png
qpByDpU.png5wWnUvA.png
Neutral. I don't see what's unfair about buying a scroll for a dragon and then its offspring selling cheaply. I mean... they want to discourage excessive breeding, right? Job well done. And you have your coatl or whatnot. There's nothing unfair about having a coatl you scrolled yourself. The fact that you breed it should be unrelated to the fact that you scrolled it. [quote]assuming each gem is 500 treasure each, that'd be 1m treasure for one breed scroll, and if dragons are selling for 2k, then a person would have to sell... 500 dragons to cover the cost of the scroll.[/quote] If you're breeding for profit, you need to know how to do it. Advertise. Match others' prices for similar colors and genes. Don't breed random pairs or else, yeah, you'll get exalt fodder. Adult dragons are selling for 7k at least. 143 dragons for a scroll. You can typically sell a nicely gened, nicely colored common or plentiful for 20k. 50 dragons for a scroll. If you do breeding for profit well--enough advertising, catching onto the latest fads--you can get 25-30k a plentiful, probably more for other dragons. Doubles and triples sell for 100-200k if they're gorgeous. Buy a gen 1 for 10k and auction it on forums for 100k. Got a tree coatl? Pastel coatl? Snowbelly coatl? 50-100k if it's got desirable colors. You could get that scroll with 10 dragons, maybe fewer. Sure, your average, random dragon might be really cheap. But breeding for profit isn't the point of the game. It takes a bit of practice to do that. So, from the side of the dragon market, I wouldn't support. As for the higher appeal of exalting, I'm not sure this will help, [i]especially[/i] if the items aren't account-bound. If they're not, things should function as usual--the typical exalters will level and exalt for profit, they'll get the most points, and they'll profit most. It would probably be cheaper to just buy the items than exalt. (I see gemajgall already covered that.) But anyway--where's the balance between the people who exalt hundreds and those who only exalt a few? What's "reasonable" for prizes? If it's a lower price, more people can get it, but the market will be flooded with them from the mass exalters looking to make a quick buck (as opposed to saving for the nicer, pricier things). It will, end the end, just be a bonus to the current system, and only be a short-run solution. Neutral instead of no support because there's a chance it could work. I just don't think it would.
Neutral.

I don't see what's unfair about buying a scroll for a dragon and then its offspring selling cheaply. I mean... they want to discourage excessive breeding, right? Job well done. And you have your coatl or whatnot. There's nothing unfair about having a coatl you scrolled yourself. The fact that you breed it should be unrelated to the fact that you scrolled it.
Quote:
assuming each gem is 500 treasure each, that'd be 1m treasure for one breed scroll, and if dragons are selling for 2k, then a person would have to sell... 500 dragons to cover the cost of the scroll.

If you're breeding for profit, you need to know how to do it. Advertise. Match others' prices for similar colors and genes. Don't breed random pairs or else, yeah, you'll get exalt fodder.

Adult dragons are selling for 7k at least. 143 dragons for a scroll.

You can typically sell a nicely gened, nicely colored common or plentiful for 20k. 50 dragons for a scroll.

If you do breeding for profit well--enough advertising, catching onto the latest fads--you can get 25-30k a plentiful, probably more for other dragons. Doubles and triples sell for 100-200k if they're gorgeous. Buy a gen 1 for 10k and auction it on forums for 100k. Got a tree coatl? Pastel coatl? Snowbelly coatl? 50-100k if it's got desirable colors. You could get that scroll with 10 dragons, maybe fewer.

Sure, your average, random dragon might be really cheap. But breeding for profit isn't the point of the game. It takes a bit of practice to do that.

So, from the side of the dragon market, I wouldn't support.

As for the higher appeal of exalting, I'm not sure this will help, especially if the items aren't account-bound. If they're not, things should function as usual--the typical exalters will level and exalt for profit, they'll get the most points, and they'll profit most. It would probably be cheaper to just buy the items than exalt. (I see gemajgall already covered that.) But anyway--where's the balance between the people who exalt hundreds and those who only exalt a few? What's "reasonable" for prizes? If it's a lower price, more people can get it, but the market will be flooded with them from the mass exalters looking to make a quick buck (as opposed to saving for the nicer, pricier things). It will, end the end, just be a bonus to the current system, and only be a short-run solution.

Neutral instead of no support because there's a chance it could work. I just don't think it would.
I really like the idea. But frankly I think the support here should be tossed over to Fayd's suggestion.

It already suggests Flight unique items, an alternative currency, a way to knock more dragons out of the system

This thread is basically the same suggestion. But only asking for less background art, and possibly with more of a rarity-tier approach. I'd be more for it, but there are only 2 rare breeds on-site. Consider the numbers. I could crack out Wildclaw-Coatl nests and get from 3-15 EP every month+week (40 days) from that pair.

OR...

I could just start crossing all my fae-guardian, mirror-tundra pairs around and get 1-5 points from every pair every 14 days. Staggered properly, and with about three full pair sets (30 dragons), I can hatch and exalt one nest per day (1-5 points) and in under a week have 5-25 EP. And then keep rolling from there. In the same 40 day period in which I might get 3-15 EP from a rare pair, I could conceivably get -/+50 EP from my plentifuls and they'd still be rolling, while I'd wait for the cooldowns on the rares again.

Considering I pretty much already do the same thing, as I exalt for profit. This suggestion probably won't raise rare-dragon value so much as it would encourage breeding plentifuls. Their turnover is much faster. I sometimes don't even bother posting up the plentifuls I breed in my hatchery for optional sale, because I know I'll go through them before anyone spots them anyway, usually only the Imps get to sit up there for a while, since I don't mind having them around as much.

Again, I do really like this idea. But I think Fayd's suggestion might have more of a lasting effect, because it's asking for dragons to be taken out of the system flat without dangling caveats on it.
I really like the idea. But frankly I think the support here should be tossed over to Fayd's suggestion.

It already suggests Flight unique items, an alternative currency, a way to knock more dragons out of the system

This thread is basically the same suggestion. But only asking for less background art, and possibly with more of a rarity-tier approach. I'd be more for it, but there are only 2 rare breeds on-site. Consider the numbers. I could crack out Wildclaw-Coatl nests and get from 3-15 EP every month+week (40 days) from that pair.

OR...

I could just start crossing all my fae-guardian, mirror-tundra pairs around and get 1-5 points from every pair every 14 days. Staggered properly, and with about three full pair sets (30 dragons), I can hatch and exalt one nest per day (1-5 points) and in under a week have 5-25 EP. And then keep rolling from there. In the same 40 day period in which I might get 3-15 EP from a rare pair, I could conceivably get -/+50 EP from my plentifuls and they'd still be rolling, while I'd wait for the cooldowns on the rares again.

Considering I pretty much already do the same thing, as I exalt for profit. This suggestion probably won't raise rare-dragon value so much as it would encourage breeding plentifuls. Their turnover is much faster. I sometimes don't even bother posting up the plentifuls I breed in my hatchery for optional sale, because I know I'll go through them before anyone spots them anyway, usually only the Imps get to sit up there for a while, since I don't mind having them around as much.

Again, I do really like this idea. But I think Fayd's suggestion might have more of a lasting effect, because it's asking for dragons to be taken out of the system flat without dangling caveats on it.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2014-08-19 14:28:14"]@Outsane - and anyone else who is interested On Subeta, the best form of earning money is through "questing." There's half a dozen NPCs who offer quests; fetch a certain item(s) and they give you (hopefully) more expensive items/money in return. But Subeta was struggling with inflation, so they came up with Quest Points. There's now a Quest Shop with special items only sold there (themed after the NPCs). However, this shop only accepts a unique currency used no where else on site; Quest Points. Users earn QP by doing quests. Based on my experience, it seems to be 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 quest grants a QP. The items in the shop aren't -super- pricey with QP, but it does take a few days of work to start buying. And another thing, QP are non transferable; there's no way to sell or trade them to other users. I say I'd like Exalt Points to be a bit rarer than a strict 1 to 1 ratio because I've encountered users who exalt -hundreds- of dragons during a dom push. Those users would wind up with hundreds of exalt points inside a week, buying exalt shop items, and flooding the market--ultimately it would become cheaper to buy the items directly rather than exalt dragons, which eliminates the dragon sink the shop would be designed to be in the first place. Plus it'd quickly increase the advantage between players who exalt farm and those who see exalting as dragon death (and sadly, this idea can't cure that perception...and I don't know if any tweaking really could).[/quote] How about the more points you have the more uneven the ratio. So at first its 1:1, but at 20 it becomes 2:1, and so on, while still having uncommons and rares worth more points when you do get them.
gemajgall wrote on 2014-08-19 14:28:14:
@Outsane - and anyone else who is interested

On Subeta, the best form of earning money is through "questing." There's half a dozen NPCs who offer quests; fetch a certain item(s) and they give you (hopefully) more expensive items/money in return. But Subeta was struggling with inflation, so they came up with Quest Points. There's now a Quest Shop with special items only sold there (themed after the NPCs). However, this shop only accepts a unique currency used no where else on site; Quest Points. Users earn QP by doing quests. Based on my experience, it seems to be 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 quest grants a QP. The items in the shop aren't -super- pricey with QP, but it does take a few days of work to start buying. And another thing, QP are non transferable; there's no way to sell or trade them to other users.

I say I'd like Exalt Points to be a bit rarer than a strict 1 to 1 ratio because I've encountered users who exalt -hundreds- of dragons during a dom push. Those users would wind up with hundreds of exalt points inside a week, buying exalt shop items, and flooding the market--ultimately it would become cheaper to buy the items directly rather than exalt dragons, which eliminates the dragon sink the shop would be designed to be in the first place. Plus it'd quickly increase the advantage between players who exalt farm and those who see exalting as dragon death (and sadly, this idea can't cure that perception...and I don't know if any tweaking really could).

How about the more points you have the more uneven the ratio. So at first its 1:1, but at 20 it becomes 2:1, and so on, while still having uncommons and rares worth more points when you do get them.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
Support.
Support.
1009gIL.png
Suppoooooorrrrrrrtt
Suppoooooorrrrrrrtt
vy6lCWp.png tNVfNId.png bJjBlVu.png NAPe4RF.png
[quote name="RedRarebit" date="2014-08-19 16:38:40"][quote name="Rhea" date="2014-08-19 16:15:39"][color=green]Account-locked Exalt Points but not items, [b]different items in each Flight's sho[/b]p, and a chance of points rather than guaranteed points per exalt, perhaps with higher-rarity breeds having a higher chance than lower-rarity breeds.[/quote] Support for all of this, but I especially love this idea![/quote] Support! Love this idea especially!
RedRarebit wrote on 2014-08-19 16:38:40:
Rhea wrote on 2014-08-19 16:15:39:
Account-locked Exalt Points but not items, different items in each Flight's shop, and a chance of points rather than guaranteed points per exalt, perhaps with higher-rarity breeds having a higher chance than lower-rarity breeds.

Support for all of this, but I especially love this idea!

Support! Love this idea especially!
Support, but for purely selfish reasons (IE I exalt a lot and want better incentive and such). Would like to see different stuff in each flight's shop and such.
Support, but for purely selfish reasons (IE I exalt a lot and want better incentive and such). Would like to see different stuff in each flight's shop and such.
tumblr_n9n0eqtJxE1tgxpuao3_r1_500.gif
Semi support. I would like to see VERY high point prizes. We're talking like 10,000 points. If something like the 100 point prize is the highest costing prize then everyone (who wanted it) would get that in a month and need no reason to go back to the shop.
Semi support. I would like to see VERY high point prizes. We're talking like 10,000 points. If something like the 100 point prize is the highest costing prize then everyone (who wanted it) would get that in a month and need no reason to go back to the shop.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17