Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Can we PLEASE make an Exalt Shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
[quote name="Rhea" date="2014-08-19 16:15:39"][color=green]Account-locked Exalt Points but not items, [b]different items in each Flight's sho[/b]p, and a chance of points rather than guaranteed points per exalt, perhaps with higher-rarity breeds having a higher chance than lower-rarity breeds.[/quote] Support for all of this, but I especially love this idea!
Rhea wrote on 2014-08-19 16:15:39:
Account-locked Exalt Points but not items, different items in each Flight's shop, and a chance of points rather than guaranteed points per exalt, perhaps with higher-rarity breeds having a higher chance than lower-rarity breeds.

Support for all of this, but I especially love this idea!
I support an exalt shop that gives unique items per flight. No support for exaltees giving different numbers of points per dragon- if I breed a Coatl and a Wildclaw, I'm guaranteed 3-15 points automatically, because rarity doesn't affect nest size. Sure they take longer, but my lair is full of imps.

I support 1 point per dragon, plain and simple.
I support an exalt shop that gives unique items per flight. No support for exaltees giving different numbers of points per dragon- if I breed a Coatl and a Wildclaw, I'm guaranteed 3-15 points automatically, because rarity doesn't affect nest size. Sure they take longer, but my lair is full of imps.

I support 1 point per dragon, plain and simple.
1qad2pq.jpg
Support, this sounds interesting owo it would make me actually want to exalt more often than jut for profit.

Perhaps also have more points per level. You gain more money currently exalting by level, why not get more points?

I do have a question though, if we exalt with this system, do we still get treasure? Many people like myself, tend to exalt for profit. Would this take that away? or do we just get an extra goodie we need to save up?
Support, this sounds interesting owo it would make me actually want to exalt more often than jut for profit.

Perhaps also have more points per level. You gain more money currently exalting by level, why not get more points?

I do have a question though, if we exalt with this system, do we still get treasure? Many people like myself, tend to exalt for profit. Would this take that away? or do we just get an extra goodie we need to save up?
@TaffertianTales
There needs to be price difference for breeds. It wouldn't be hard to tweak it so that the rarer breeds have a chance to produce fewer eggs than if common breeds did. There's literally no difference between common dragons and rare dragons in prices and that's a shame.

The rare breed change scrolls go for 2k gems. Assuming each gem is sold at 450 treasure per piece (which is being quite generous), rare breed change scrolls sell for 1m treasure. If the dragons continue to sell for 2k-3k a piece, then a person who changed their dragon's breed to a rarer one would need to sell about 450 babies from that parent to cover the cost of the scroll. We're trying to increase the cost of dragons while at the same time balance out the economy. If people are going to get 1 point for dragons rare or not they're just going to get the common dragons and exalt them. People are more prone to keep the rarer dragons for the status they bring.

And again, these items aren't going the priced at 5 points a pack, they're going to be between 100-300 for foods, 500-600 for battle items, 700-1000 for apparel, and 1200+ for skins. Even if some one did have a lair with equal male and female rare dragons, there's lair space to consider, there's incubation time to consider, there's cool-down time to consider. Plus, with the market as good as it will be, people will be more apt to sell their dragons, giving more fodder for exalting, more chances for others to earn exalt points, less chance of over-population of items.

I just think it's really unfair that a person spends real life money on a breed only for it to be worth as much as it was before, just with a different appearance.

If it does start to get out of hand, there's always the option to change it. Nothing is ever set in stone.

@Dew
Yes. The ability for earning treasure will still be present when exalting. This idea is to help promote exalting, not replace the current method.

I'm against tiering exalting, though. I made a thread like this before and some people pointed this out and I experienced it myself. People exalt dragons out the nose. In the last dom push I exalted well over 100 dragons and it was insane. Tiering the exalt prizes to more per level would grossly imbalance the game and most certainly cause an over-population of items in the market.

As much as I would love to see a tier feature come in to the game that would pay out more per level, I just don't think the market could handle it.
@TaffertianTales
There needs to be price difference for breeds. It wouldn't be hard to tweak it so that the rarer breeds have a chance to produce fewer eggs than if common breeds did. There's literally no difference between common dragons and rare dragons in prices and that's a shame.

The rare breed change scrolls go for 2k gems. Assuming each gem is sold at 450 treasure per piece (which is being quite generous), rare breed change scrolls sell for 1m treasure. If the dragons continue to sell for 2k-3k a piece, then a person who changed their dragon's breed to a rarer one would need to sell about 450 babies from that parent to cover the cost of the scroll. We're trying to increase the cost of dragons while at the same time balance out the economy. If people are going to get 1 point for dragons rare or not they're just going to get the common dragons and exalt them. People are more prone to keep the rarer dragons for the status they bring.

And again, these items aren't going the priced at 5 points a pack, they're going to be between 100-300 for foods, 500-600 for battle items, 700-1000 for apparel, and 1200+ for skins. Even if some one did have a lair with equal male and female rare dragons, there's lair space to consider, there's incubation time to consider, there's cool-down time to consider. Plus, with the market as good as it will be, people will be more apt to sell their dragons, giving more fodder for exalting, more chances for others to earn exalt points, less chance of over-population of items.

I just think it's really unfair that a person spends real life money on a breed only for it to be worth as much as it was before, just with a different appearance.

If it does start to get out of hand, there's always the option to change it. Nothing is ever set in stone.

@Dew
Yes. The ability for earning treasure will still be present when exalting. This idea is to help promote exalting, not replace the current method.

I'm against tiering exalting, though. I made a thread like this before and some people pointed this out and I experienced it myself. People exalt dragons out the nose. In the last dom push I exalted well over 100 dragons and it was insane. Tiering the exalt prizes to more per level would grossly imbalance the game and most certainly cause an over-population of items in the market.

As much as I would love to see a tier feature come in to the game that would pay out more per level, I just don't think the market could handle it.
Mirror
Mirror Collection: 528/???
Perhaps have the base items be a bit more pricey if common dragons are giving 1 points. I was thinking have maybe a few familiars and apparel items in the Exalt Shop specific to the flight (because your exalting to deity in particular who would grant you an appropriate award) but also have food and material items usable for Swipp's swaps in there as well. I know it's frustrating to gather certain items Swipp wants to trade seeing as Gathering is luck based but I would love to see differing items for every flight to encourage trading.

Full support, this seems like a good first step towards an Exaltation overhaul.
Perhaps have the base items be a bit more pricey if common dragons are giving 1 points. I was thinking have maybe a few familiars and apparel items in the Exalt Shop specific to the flight (because your exalting to deity in particular who would grant you an appropriate award) but also have food and material items usable for Swipp's swaps in there as well. I know it's frustrating to gather certain items Swipp wants to trade seeing as Gathering is luck based but I would love to see differing items for every flight to encourage trading.

Full support, this seems like a good first step towards an Exaltation overhaul.
qCJC5AV.png
I am absolutely against changing nest sizes for any breed. It's not a shame that newer breeds are available to everyone now and changing the game so that a select few can make more money is ridiculous.

The breed scrolls were always for getting your dream dragon, not for making money. You can make money off of it, but that's not the point.

Also, I've never seen a dragon sell for under 2999, so your stats are a little off.
I am absolutely against changing nest sizes for any breed. It's not a shame that newer breeds are available to everyone now and changing the game so that a select few can make more money is ridiculous.

The breed scrolls were always for getting your dream dragon, not for making money. You can make money off of it, but that's not the point.

Also, I've never seen a dragon sell for under 2999, so your stats are a little off.
1qad2pq.jpg
Support, but I'm too lazy to type out my reasoning as I've done it so many times. I like the idea though.
Support, but I'm too lazy to type out my reasoning as I've done it so many times. I like the idea though.
tumblr_n9n0eqtJxE1tgxpuao3_r1_500.gif
@TaffertianTales
You haven't been stalking the market as much as I have been, then. During our dom flight last month I found close to 20 dragons that sold for under 2k. I don't know if they were mispriced or what, but it does happen, a lot more than you think. Another point. I went on a spending spree several months ago (late May, early June) and a majority of the dragons I purchased were around 2k. I spent over 1mil treasure and most of the dragons I bought were between 2k-3k.

The argument that the gem dragons are meant to be a dream dragon is valid, but then anyone can just go buy their dream dragon with decent colours and three genes for a whopping 10k. Talk about pulling teeth! What's wrong with making dragons expensive by breed?
@TaffertianTales
You haven't been stalking the market as much as I have been, then. During our dom flight last month I found close to 20 dragons that sold for under 2k. I don't know if they were mispriced or what, but it does happen, a lot more than you think. Another point. I went on a spending spree several months ago (late May, early June) and a majority of the dragons I purchased were around 2k. I spent over 1mil treasure and most of the dragons I bought were between 2k-3k.

The argument that the gem dragons are meant to be a dream dragon is valid, but then anyone can just go buy their dream dragon with decent colours and three genes for a whopping 10k. Talk about pulling teeth! What's wrong with making dragons expensive by breed?
Mirror
Mirror Collection: 528/???
Support.
Support.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
[quote name="Outsane" date="2014-08-19 18:29:31"]It wouldn't be hard to tweak it so that the rarer breeds have a chance to produce fewer eggs than if common breeds did.[/quote] No support for this as that could and would punish those who buy and breed for projects. I had a relatively simple breeding project (only wanted specific primary and secondary) that took me three breeding cycles with tight ranges (3-4 different posibilities for primary and secondary) and I was breeding an imp/wc seeking an imp as those generally aren't breed changeable. That was 105 days to complete the project. If the clutch sizes tended to be smaller for rarer breeds it would have likely taken me even longer to accomplish my goal.
Outsane wrote on 2014-08-19 18:29:31:
It wouldn't be hard to tweak it so that the rarer breeds have a chance to produce fewer eggs than if common breeds did.
No support for this as that could and would punish those who buy and breed for projects. I had a relatively simple breeding project (only wanted specific primary and secondary) that took me three breeding cycles with tight ranges (3-4 different posibilities for primary and secondary) and I was breeding an imp/wc seeking an imp as those generally aren't breed changeable. That was 105 days to complete the project. If the clutch sizes tended to be smaller for rarer breeds it would have likely taken me even longer to accomplish my goal.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17