Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pose-change scrolls
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 149 150
@Boneheadkoopa To pose-change a dragon, like how EY or breed change currently work, the skin would need to be unequipped first, otherwise the pose-change scroll would not work. Once a dragon has been pose-changed, the pool of skins that appear for it would change, which I believe should be simple to code: [quote]An extra "if-then" statement in the code would more than likely solve this problem. "If pose-change = 1 AND gender = 2, retrieve skins of gender 1." Very simple and common coding statement that shouldn't be an overwhelming amount of work to tack on. Like I said, I'm not really a coder, but I am familiar with some coding and scripts. If-then conditions exist and I would be surprised if FR's code did not use them.[/quote] [quote]With a modified gender system: [quote] For example, 0 = male, 1 = female, 2 = male with female pose, 3 = female with male pose. 0 and 2 = male in breeding grounds, 0 and 3 = male for appearance purposes.[/quote] If all dragons now are 0 and 1, then simply add 2 and 3. A male skin will apply for 0 and 3, but 0 and 2 will function as male in breeding grounds. An expanded gender system that does little more than add extra numbers and change a bit of code here and there. If we use an if-then statement instead, then a skin can check "if male and if not pose changed, show male skins" or "if male and if pose changed, show female skins". It already runs a check, to my knowledge--checking for breed, gender, and age before showing allowable accents. It would only be a fourth parameter to check.[/quote]
@Boneheadkoopa

To pose-change a dragon, like how EY or breed change currently work, the skin would need to be unequipped first, otherwise the pose-change scroll would not work. Once a dragon has been pose-changed, the pool of skins that appear for it would change, which I believe should be simple to code:

Quote:
An extra "if-then" statement in the code would more than likely solve this problem. "If pose-change = 1 AND gender = 2, retrieve skins of gender 1." Very simple and common coding statement that shouldn't be an overwhelming amount of work to tack on. Like I said, I'm not really a coder, but I am familiar with some coding and scripts. If-then conditions exist and I would be surprised if FR's code did not use them.
Quote:
With a modified gender system:
Quote:
For example, 0 = male, 1 = female, 2 = male with female pose, 3 = female with male pose. 0 and 2 = male in breeding grounds, 0 and 3 = male for appearance purposes.

If all dragons now are 0 and 1, then simply add 2 and 3. A male skin will apply for 0 and 3, but 0 and 2 will function as male in breeding grounds. An expanded gender system that does little more than add extra numbers and change a bit of code here and there.

If we use an if-then statement instead, then a skin can check "if male and if not pose changed, show male skins" or "if male and if pose changed, show female skins". It already runs a check, to my knowledge--checking for breed, gender, and age before showing allowable accents. It would only be a fourth parameter to check.
@Jemadar

That does make sense! I must admit I'm no god with coding, but I would assume coding a system to recognize mayhaps the name of the pose (i.e: 'Male_Pearlcatcher' vs 'Female_Pearlcatcher') instead of looking at the gender would be doable?

It especially makes sense considering the current accents and skins not having multiple breed/gender variants (depending on the artists mind you). Having to decide whether you really want that skin or accent. I can admit to wishing quite a few of my skins and accents I have stored were for different breeds/genders but having no interest in searching for dragons of that breed/gender that fit the accent/skin how I invisioned.

This answers my question to my satisfaction! Again I fully support this and now with new esteem.
We would all be handling the same question we face when deciding on most changing scrolls we face today.

Support!
@Jemadar

That does make sense! I must admit I'm no god with coding, but I would assume coding a system to recognize mayhaps the name of the pose (i.e: 'Male_Pearlcatcher' vs 'Female_Pearlcatcher') instead of looking at the gender would be doable?

It especially makes sense considering the current accents and skins not having multiple breed/gender variants (depending on the artists mind you). Having to decide whether you really want that skin or accent. I can admit to wishing quite a few of my skins and accents I have stored were for different breeds/genders but having no interest in searching for dragons of that breed/gender that fit the accent/skin how I invisioned.

This answers my question to my satisfaction! Again I fully support this and now with new esteem.
We would all be handling the same question we face when deciding on most changing scrolls we face today.

Support!
MUYNhfy.png
fr_plaguebanner_profile_by_seepranne-d6ghmos.gif
Festering Wounds and Decaying Flesh
@Boneheadkoopa

Same here :D So many skins/accents I want for different breeds and/or sex but, oh well.
@Boneheadkoopa

Same here :D So many skins/accents I want for different breeds and/or sex but, oh well.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Vely

I apologize, I was writing before you had sent that. But I think my post still stands? In any case, as I hope this is accepted into FR!
@Vely

I apologize, I was writing before you had sent that. But I think my post still stands? In any case, as I hope this is accepted into FR!
MUYNhfy.png
fr_plaguebanner_profile_by_seepranne-d6ghmos.gif
Festering Wounds and Decaying Flesh
Support.
I got messaged by a friend to check this out, and it seems like a good idea. I feel a little intimidated by all the people who have been on here longer and know more, but I feel like this would make a lot of people happy. It would give people the ability to have a gay or trans couple. I’ve read opinions on how this would be hard to code, or that FR is not an RP site, but I still enjoy the idea of this. Then again, I’m quite new compared to most people here, I may have no idea what I’m talking about.
Support.
I got messaged by a friend to check this out, and it seems like a good idea. I feel a little intimidated by all the people who have been on here longer and know more, but I feel like this would make a lot of people happy. It would give people the ability to have a gay or trans couple. I’ve read opinions on how this would be hard to code, or that FR is not an RP site, but I still enjoy the idea of this. Then again, I’m quite new compared to most people here, I may have no idea what I’m talking about.
l9szmFh.jpg
Support!

So say you get a dragon that is PERFECT for breeding or is your dream derg, and it's the wrong gender. Has a 1/1 colour scheme, again, wrong gender.

Could this be implemented already? Almost 90 pages of response.
Support!

So say you get a dragon that is PERFECT for breeding or is your dream derg, and it's the wrong gender. Has a 1/1 colour scheme, again, wrong gender.

Could this be implemented already? Almost 90 pages of response.
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
@kittyofthesea808

Just wanted to point out that this wouldn't affect breeding at all. So if you found a perfect male dragon but needed a female, this wouldn't help. The dragon, according to the site, would still be male, it would only use the female art.

for the second part, a gorgeous dragon that you need the other image for for lore or just because you like it better, it will work perfectly for.
@kittyofthesea808

Just wanted to point out that this wouldn't affect breeding at all. So if you found a perfect male dragon but needed a female, this wouldn't help. The dragon, according to the site, would still be male, it would only use the female art.

for the second part, a gorgeous dragon that you need the other image for for lore or just because you like it better, it will work perfectly for.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

It would be cool for breeding though, but still. ALMOST 90 PAGES
@Jemadar

It would be cool for breeding though, but still. ALMOST 90 PAGES
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
support!
support!
marcy
they/she/he
fr+1
subspecies enjoyer
Support.

I really don't like some of the poses.. and it has kept me from having those particular dragons.
Support.

I really don't like some of the poses.. and it has kept me from having those particular dragons.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 149 150