Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pose-change scrolls
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 149 150
I'm still pretty new but I think this would be a good idea. I support calling it a pose change instead of gender change just because some people would rather just not see say a female imperial pose but want their dragon to still be a girl. Also the symbol idea like with the eternal youth dragons was a good idea, I would suggest maybe the pearlcatcher mannequin if it wasn't suggested already. Or maybe two arrows like on an uno card? Something that doesn't point to being trans but still gets the point across. Then if someone wants a trans dragon they can have it and put something in the bio but someone who just wants the other pose can have what they want so everyone is happy.
I'm still pretty new but I think this would be a good idea. I support calling it a pose change instead of gender change just because some people would rather just not see say a female imperial pose but want their dragon to still be a girl. Also the symbol idea like with the eternal youth dragons was a good idea, I would suggest maybe the pearlcatcher mannequin if it wasn't suggested already. Or maybe two arrows like on an uno card? Something that doesn't point to being trans but still gets the point across. Then if someone wants a trans dragon they can have it and put something in the bio but someone who just wants the other pose can have what they want so everyone is happy.
I support. I think this sounds like a really good idea. Of course, I don't know anything about coding, so I can't say if it is too difficult or not, but I would love to see this feature in the game.
I support. I think this sounds like a really good idea. Of course, I don't know anything about coding, so I can't say if it is too difficult or not, but I would love to see this feature in the game.
.............................................. WydzlFB.gif QFMsHc3.png WydzlFB.gif
9+ FR time
massive support also i think if people are THAT concerned about getting duped on the AH there should be an additional pop up/warning like 'This dragon has been pose swapped. it is actually male/female. are you sure you want to purchase this dragon' or something.

people saying 'i dont look at the symbols i look at the dragon'... are talking about now. now when we do not have this feature to take into consideration. when it's added i'm sure more thought will be put into making sure we dont make this mistake.

and the additional warning wouldnt hurt
massive support also i think if people are THAT concerned about getting duped on the AH there should be an additional pop up/warning like 'This dragon has been pose swapped. it is actually male/female. are you sure you want to purchase this dragon' or something.

people saying 'i dont look at the symbols i look at the dragon'... are talking about now. now when we do not have this feature to take into consideration. when it's added i'm sure more thought will be put into making sure we dont make this mistake.

and the additional warning wouldnt hurt
P1hD8rM.pngtumblr_ong8rlPuf31rx0b4wo1_100.pngEZkTzMm.png
Lion | 24 | He/Him
Since this is only a cosmetic change, I do support this idea. I am all for lore and making breedable lore pairs, and also for example imperial females pose is really tricky and hides pretty much.. everything, which is why I have avoided getting them.
Since this is only a cosmetic change, I do support this idea. I am all for lore and making breedable lore pairs, and also for example imperial females pose is really tricky and hides pretty much.. everything, which is why I have avoided getting them.
support for all the reasons mentioned.
support for all the reasons mentioned.
[LvA] Public Buy[LvA] OOF Raffle[LvA] OOF Hub[LvA] IF Raffle[LvA] Illuminarti
Support! I have a few dragons I could use this item for and the suggested cost isn't bad at all. Support, support~
Support! I have a few dragons I could use this item for and the suggested cost isn't bad at all. Support, support~
rHuw9xa.pngtumblr_inline_oiv572OQAN1rf6w8g_500.png Make A Wish!
I do prefer the male Imp pose to the female one...
I do prefer the male Imp pose to the female one...
HQsa6bD.png FR + 1 fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
they/them
INTP
True Neutral

(I like to chill.)
14.png
UugYXap.png
I support this! Everyone is making very good points for either side of the argument, but I think the good could outweigh the bad! For example, I have a few dragons who, in my mind, I see as trans/nonbinary, and would absolutely love to have a choice in cosmetic changes like this. I also have preferences for certain poses in specific dragons species; I LOVE adult male Tundras, but dislike the look of adult female Tundras. I also prefer the adult female poses for Bogsneak and Skydancer dragons, as they look more lively and personally, aesthetically pleasing to me. I enjoy female Imperial dragons as well, but their posing does make it difficult to fully appreciate the genes and coloration of certain specimens :(

I find it very similar to those who want to create EY hatchlings - for lore or appearance. I personally doubt I'd ever put the on-site currency into buying a Scroll of Eternal Youth, but that doesn't mean I want to take the cosmetic choice away from other players simply because I can't see myself using it!
I support this! Everyone is making very good points for either side of the argument, but I think the good could outweigh the bad! For example, I have a few dragons who, in my mind, I see as trans/nonbinary, and would absolutely love to have a choice in cosmetic changes like this. I also have preferences for certain poses in specific dragons species; I LOVE adult male Tundras, but dislike the look of adult female Tundras. I also prefer the adult female poses for Bogsneak and Skydancer dragons, as they look more lively and personally, aesthetically pleasing to me. I enjoy female Imperial dragons as well, but their posing does make it difficult to fully appreciate the genes and coloration of certain specimens :(

I find it very similar to those who want to create EY hatchlings - for lore or appearance. I personally doubt I'd ever put the on-site currency into buying a Scroll of Eternal Youth, but that doesn't mean I want to take the cosmetic choice away from other players simply because I can't see myself using it!
tumblr_ozt2q91f2f1w8xkufo4_250.png
Support!

I love the idea of a pose change scroll. It doesn't interfere with the breeding at all and could be very useful if you just don't like the pose of a certain species like.

Breeders could use it if they have a breeding pair with lovely colors and a lot of people buying the dragons but they don't like how one half of the pair looks. Bam! The pose is changed.
Lore purposes for LGBT characters? Bam! Pose changed.
Don't like the look of a species or just want the aesthetics? Bam! Pose changed.

Hope this gets implemented in the future, it seems like an amazing idea. Plus, it's just like the eternal youth scroll, but for poses.

for the icon, maybe a small mirror?
Support!

I love the idea of a pose change scroll. It doesn't interfere with the breeding at all and could be very useful if you just don't like the pose of a certain species like.

Breeders could use it if they have a breeding pair with lovely colors and a lot of people buying the dragons but they don't like how one half of the pair looks. Bam! The pose is changed.
Lore purposes for LGBT characters? Bam! Pose changed.
Don't like the look of a species or just want the aesthetics? Bam! Pose changed.

Hope this gets implemented in the future, it seems like an amazing idea. Plus, it's just like the eternal youth scroll, but for poses.

for the icon, maybe a small mirror?
Selling Cheap Fodder ==> HERE
Looking for ==> THESE
WISHLIST
[quote name="@beastii" date="2018-10-31 14:17:11" ] Awesome concept, but this just is a bit complicated I feel and the execution would be a pain for whoever runs the code on here. I'd rather have inactive accounts be wiped ( and some kind of account status be visible to prevent from a hiatus account from being wiped) to keep dragon populations under control. I feel like breeds get devalued so quickly. [/quote] I don't quite understand why you posted this here. This suggestion has nothing to do with keeping dragons from being devalued, but rather a simple cosmetic change. As for dragons, they are actually, from what I understand, MEANT to be devalued quickly as the developers have said, I believe, that they never meant dragons to be a main source of income on site, but rather they wanted them cheap and easy to obtain for new players. So, there is no need to 'keep dragon populations under control' because there is no problem to begin with. The dragon populations are where the admins presumeably want them. (I say presumably because they have complete control and could have implemented several things in order to try to control the population of dragons at any point in the lifetime of the site)
@beastii wrote on 2018-10-31 14:17:11:
Awesome concept, but this just is a bit complicated I feel and the execution would be a pain for whoever runs the code on here. I'd rather have inactive accounts be wiped ( and some kind of account status be visible to prevent from a hiatus account from being wiped) to keep dragon populations under control. I feel like breeds get devalued so quickly.
I don't quite understand why you posted this here. This suggestion has nothing to do with keeping dragons from being devalued, but rather a simple cosmetic change.

As for dragons, they are actually, from what I understand, MEANT to be devalued quickly as the developers have said, I believe, that they never meant dragons to be a main source of income on site, but rather they wanted them cheap and easy to obtain for new players.

So, there is no need to 'keep dragon populations under control' because there is no problem to begin with. The dragon populations are where the admins presumeably want them. (I say presumably because they have complete control and could have implemented several things in order to try to control the population of dragons at any point in the lifetime of the site)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 149 150