Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change a Dragon's Food Preference
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
I support some of the breeds pull the fish out of my
Oh. It's gone. Their go my fish.
I support some of the breeds pull the fish out of my
Oh. It's gone. Their go my fish.
I do a mental or physical calculation of how much food to convert every time I feed my dragons so that I can optimize their plant consumption. I would LOVE if I could just set all of my plant eaters to... eat plants. I also believe this would help to balance the FR economy where certain types of food are generally valued over others. I would very, very much like to save my time and energy by not having to do mental gymnastics and convert and only every time I feed them.
I do a mental or physical calculation of how much food to convert every time I feed my dragons so that I can optimize their plant consumption. I would LOVE if I could just set all of my plant eaters to... eat plants. I also believe this would help to balance the FR economy where certain types of food are generally valued over others. I would very, very much like to save my time and energy by not having to do mental gymnastics and convert and only every time I feed them.
Total support for the added bit! I have many Faes, who obviously need insects, but a lot of my not-so-picky dergs are munching on them too. It's only when I run out of insects completely that they turn their hungry mouths at my other foods, which makes sense if you imagine the first listed food is their favourite, but come on guys, be a little more generous!

It would be tremendously helpful if the system, for example, first counted the number of dergs eating whatever, and then tried to spread it out before actually giving the dragons their meals. I'm not experienced in the field of coding nor am I sure if this is possible, but this is just a thought:

If, for example, I have 30 dragons who want insects, 10 who want meat, 10 who want seafood and 1 who wants plants, it would check the possible secondary options for them starting from the largest number (insect eaters in this case) and going from there until there are no more swaps to make or the remaining numbers are equal (or off by 1, to prevent it confusing itself and looping the command). As a result, I might have 20 Faes still eating insects (because their minds can't be swayed, as they only eat insects), but there would be more dergs also eating meat and fish (that originally were going for insects), and some more eating plants too (probably after having both meat and seafood denied from them, in the case of Guardians, because pickier dragons called dibs on those). This isn't quite my real situation, but honestly, it's pretty close! Only my sole Pearlcatcher is going vegetarian, while a lot of the others could be up for it too...
Total support for the added bit! I have many Faes, who obviously need insects, but a lot of my not-so-picky dergs are munching on them too. It's only when I run out of insects completely that they turn their hungry mouths at my other foods, which makes sense if you imagine the first listed food is their favourite, but come on guys, be a little more generous!

It would be tremendously helpful if the system, for example, first counted the number of dergs eating whatever, and then tried to spread it out before actually giving the dragons their meals. I'm not experienced in the field of coding nor am I sure if this is possible, but this is just a thought:

If, for example, I have 30 dragons who want insects, 10 who want meat, 10 who want seafood and 1 who wants plants, it would check the possible secondary options for them starting from the largest number (insect eaters in this case) and going from there until there are no more swaps to make or the remaining numbers are equal (or off by 1, to prevent it confusing itself and looping the command). As a result, I might have 20 Faes still eating insects (because their minds can't be swayed, as they only eat insects), but there would be more dergs also eating meat and fish (that originally were going for insects), and some more eating plants too (probably after having both meat and seafood denied from them, in the case of Guardians, because pickier dragons called dibs on those). This isn't quite my real situation, but honestly, it's pretty close! Only my sole Pearlcatcher is going vegetarian, while a lot of the others could be up for it too...
3e94Gpa.png MXmMK3p.png
Ping me to get
my attention in the forums, please!
MXmMK3p.png 4oO1RBo.png
All the support. All of it.

Several or most of my dragons eat meat and seafood, but the poor dears that eat ONLY meat and ONLY seafood will probably end up going hungry someday.
All the support. All of it.

Several or most of my dragons eat meat and seafood, but the poor dears that eat ONLY meat and ONLY seafood will probably end up going hungry someday.
Join the Fanta Fanclub!
This would be so good. And I agree with everyone else complaining about imps and food, maybe the Lightweaver was right about Imps being a mistake...
This would be so good. And I agree with everyone else complaining about imps and food, maybe the Lightweaver was right about Imps being a mistake...
4qcj.png tumblr_inline_njucf1YnRj1r7wjf7.png ~They/Them
~+3 hours FR Time
~Shameless Fan Dragon Lair
~I Love Friend Requests
~Need cheap fodder? Pre-order a nest full! 1 gem down, 3 gems per egg
tumblr_inline_njucf2ZZft1r7wjf7.png tumblr_p6un9pL5QF1utez9io3_100.png
Oh GOD support, I'm tired of all my fish and meat being eaten away at. I need things to eat more plants. I can't even care about the possible complications in coding, this is something I'm pushing until I DIE.
Oh GOD support, I'm tired of all my fish and meat being eaten away at. I need things to eat more plants. I can't even care about the possible complications in coding, this is something I'm pushing until I DIE.
1521_150px_secondunit_by_miirshroom-dc9b8kr.png
S E C O N D U N I T #18925

Hatchery Archive Exalt Records
Clan Lore Wishlist

Clan Toli'orji | UTC-6 | They/Them/It
Definitely support! The only other way to 'control' your dragon's preferences is to let the stock drop to zero. The whole process of doing so is time-consuming and unnecessary. Hope a feature of the sorts gets implemented somehow.
And ugh, Imperials e.e
Definitely support! The only other way to 'control' your dragon's preferences is to let the stock drop to zero. The whole process of doing so is time-consuming and unnecessary. Hope a feature of the sorts gets implemented somehow.
And ugh, Imperials e.e
Support. Something like this would be nice, though I'm not totally sure that having to choose a food preference for each individual dragon - something that you might want to change often depending on your food supplies - is the most efficient way to go about it. Perhaps coding that has multi-dieted dragons prioritize whichever food you have the most of, instead of whatever is first on its list.
Support. Something like this would be nice, though I'm not totally sure that having to choose a food preference for each individual dragon - something that you might want to change often depending on your food supplies - is the most efficient way to go about it. Perhaps coding that has multi-dieted dragons prioritize whichever food you have the most of, instead of whatever is first on its list.
Full support for the dragons to actually take into consideration how much food you have of that type and for Picky eaters to get first dibs. My little Fae should get first dibs on the Insects Skydancers they need it the most!
Full support for the dragons to actually take into consideration how much food you have of that type and for Picky eaters to get first dibs. My little Fae should get first dibs on the Insects Skydancers they need it the most!
tumblr_peajwhHBap1ugm45do1_500.png
Full support. I'm drowning in plants and insects while I'm constantly running out of meat and seafood.
Dear Imperials, please stop eating all the precious seafood already!

While you can control it by keeping the 'problematic' types depleted and feed the other types first, it's quite annoying and requires extra steps, so it would be great to have the option to decide on the priority food for each species - especially because the distribution of preferences is quite unbalanced at the moment.
Full support. I'm drowning in plants and insects while I'm constantly running out of meat and seafood.
Dear Imperials, please stop eating all the precious seafood already!

While you can control it by keeping the 'problematic' types depleted and feed the other types first, it's quite annoying and requires extra steps, so it would be great to have the option to decide on the priority food for each species - especially because the distribution of preferences is quite unbalanced at the moment.
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17