Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Hear me out, Vulture Dragons [Breed]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
Okay, first art because I know you'd just scroll down to see it anyway. (images are clickable) [url=http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o739/MisplacedMan/Dragons/Vulture_Dragon_F_Small.png][img]http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o739/MisplacedMan/Dragons/Vulture_Dragon_F_Small.png[/img][/url] female maroon/tomato [url=http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o739/MisplacedMan/Dragons/Vulture_Dragon_M_Small.png][img]http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o739/MisplacedMan/Dragons/Vulture_Dragon_M_Small.png[/img][/url] male tangerine/blood Now you have to listen to my spiel! (Before you say anything about the art please read the design notes section) Since people keep mentioning: [quote] Well the thing is, as I've already mentioned, these are NOT what I would consider final versions. I am fully aware of their similarity to skydancers. At the time I made these, it was several weeks ago. I did not have time to really iron out the design so I choose the best sketches and worked on them here and there. I was having issues trying to give them the features I wanted while having them be recognizably dragons. I've already considered giving them more of a pronounced chest cavity and hunch. It takes awhile to work out so they aren't completely awkward with those wings. Solid designs take time. I really wish I could spend more time on them, but college portfolio is always first.[/quote] [b]Name:[/b]Undecided, but I'm thinking Carrion Dragons? I had another idea but I forgot aha. [b]Info:[/b] These are quite obviously Plague dragons. The main thing they're known for is that they are extremely resourceful. Nothing must go to waste in their culture, everything must be used. In this way, they come up with some ingenious ways to re-imagine things for very useful purposes. However they also create objects or use things that are ineffective for their intended purpose, which they will always deny that it was a bad idea and that it is working as intended. Because of this innate resourcefulness, these dragons can survive and even thrive in harsh environments. Plaguebringer is proud. If they see anything being disposed of instead of used, they get extremely anxious. These dragons have been known to steal the so called trash of other dragons and lairs. Sometimes you can see these dragons flying behind packs of mirrors to snatch the carcasses left behind in their wake. They mostly like to glide high above on hot air drafts, using as little energy as possible. Their preferred method of combat is coming in for quick attacks and tiring out their opponent. They like to bleed their opponent, then wait. Their lairs may vary between individuals, as they will use whatever is available. They are very proud of whatever they build. In mix dragon lairs, you can usually find out where the Carrion lives by their collection of garbage gadgets. They love showing clan mates and visitors alike what they've made and found and 'all the uses this thing has' and 'why did you throw away this skull Ricky? Look at what an excellent bowl it makes!" [b]Design Notes:[/b] -Similar to Tundras, the base color is the feathers and the would be belly color is the skin. The actual belly is the modified base. -These designs are not what I would consider finals. If I were to make a final design I would've sketched a whole lot more. I can already see a few things I'd do differently. I might draw more development sketches later. -I know there are art mistakes, please don't point them out as I am already aware. I started out my usual perfectionist self, but that was taking too long and I have really important art projects that need attention. I also did most of it at 5:00am -cough-. -I did, in fact, draw feathered wings first, but it made them look more like a bird monster than a dragon so I tried something different. I feel iffy about them though, and might redesign them. -I'm undecided about the eye markings, originally I used the extra color for them (what would be the inside ear color of most dragons.) But a lot of them didn't work with the color, while some of them worked really well. So I went with the belly, obviously. Maybe choose new colors for the eye markings? -Their appearance is based on the bearded vulture. Look them up, they already remind me of dinosaurs and dragons! Of course, some classical vulture features were begging to be put in so they have a feather ruff at the base of their neck and some wrinkles to go along with it. -Either gender can be either pose really, there are no differences between males and females. Convinced yet? Look at this steampunk vulture dragon. [url=http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o739/MisplacedMan/Dragons/Vulture_Dragon_Steampunk_small.png][img]http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o739/MisplacedMan/Dragons/Vulture_Dragon_Steampunk_small.png[/img][/url] (goldenrod tiger/denim seraph/sand underbelly) I rest my case. I may have forgotten a few things so I'll edit this post if I remember. I [i]might[/i] work on more art. Would anyone want a ping list for that?
Okay, first art because I know you'd just scroll down to see it anyway. (images are clickable)

Vulture_Dragon_F_Small.png
female maroon/tomato

Vulture_Dragon_M_Small.png
male tangerine/blood

Now you have to listen to my spiel! (Before you say anything about the art please read the design notes section)

Since people keep mentioning:
Quote:
Well the thing is, as I've already mentioned, these are NOT what I would consider final versions. I am fully aware of their similarity to skydancers. At the time I made these, it was several weeks ago. I did not have time to really iron out the design so I choose the best sketches and worked on them here and there. I was having issues trying to give them the features I wanted while having them be recognizably dragons.
I've already considered giving them more of a pronounced chest cavity and hunch. It takes awhile to work out so they aren't completely awkward with those wings. Solid designs take time.
I really wish I could spend more time on them, but college portfolio is always first.

Name:Undecided, but I'm thinking Carrion Dragons? I had another idea but I forgot aha.

Info:
These are quite obviously Plague dragons. The main thing they're known for is that they are extremely resourceful. Nothing must go to waste in their culture, everything must be used. In this way, they come up with some ingenious ways to re-imagine things for very useful purposes. However they also create objects or use things that are ineffective for their intended purpose, which they will always deny that it was a bad idea and that it is working as intended. Because of this innate resourcefulness, these dragons can survive and even thrive in harsh environments. Plaguebringer is proud.
If they see anything being disposed of instead of used, they get extremely anxious. These dragons have been known to steal the so called trash of other dragons and lairs. Sometimes you can see these dragons flying behind packs of mirrors to snatch the carcasses left behind in their wake.
They mostly like to glide high above on hot air drafts, using as little energy as possible. Their preferred method of combat is coming in for quick attacks and tiring out their opponent. They like to bleed their opponent, then wait.
Their lairs may vary between individuals, as they will use whatever is available. They are very proud of whatever they build. In mix dragon lairs, you can usually find out where the Carrion lives by their collection of garbage gadgets. They love showing clan mates and visitors alike what they've made and found and 'all the uses this thing has' and 'why did you throw away this skull Ricky? Look at what an excellent bowl it makes!"

Design Notes:
-Similar to Tundras, the base color is the feathers and the would be belly color is the skin. The actual belly is the modified base.
-These designs are not what I would consider finals. If I were to make a final design I would've sketched a whole lot more. I can already see a few things I'd do differently. I might draw more development sketches later.
-I know there are art mistakes, please don't point them out as I am already aware. I started out my usual perfectionist self, but that was taking too long and I have really important art projects that need attention. I also did most of it at 5:00am -cough-.
-I did, in fact, draw feathered wings first, but it made them look more like a bird monster than a dragon so I tried something different. I feel iffy about them though, and might redesign them.
-I'm undecided about the eye markings, originally I used the extra color for them (what would be the inside ear color of most dragons.) But a lot of them didn't work with the color, while some of them worked really well. So I went with the belly, obviously. Maybe choose new colors for the eye markings?
-Their appearance is based on the bearded vulture. Look them up, they already remind me of dinosaurs and dragons! Of course, some classical vulture features were begging to be put in so they have a feather ruff at the base of their neck and some wrinkles to go along with it.
-Either gender can be either pose really, there are no differences between males and females.

Convinced yet? Look at this steampunk vulture dragon.

Vulture_Dragon_Steampunk_small.png
(goldenrod tiger/denim seraph/sand underbelly)

I rest my case.

I may have forgotten a few things so I'll edit this post if I remember. I might work on more art. Would anyone want a ping list for that?
No traveling dragons please!
I like these a lot. I think the female pose looks like the most dragon-like but I'd totally love owning either! I like the talons and the extra tail feathers poking out.
I like these a lot. I think the female pose looks like the most dragon-like but I'd totally love owning either! I like the talons and the extra tail feathers poking out.
It definitely has potential. The most unique part of the dragon is the face/eyes.
It definitely has potential. The most unique part of the dragon is the face/eyes.
-Kyle
supppppppppooooooooort
supppppppppooooooooort
Oh my dear Plaguemum yes please, support. I need these things.
Oh my dear Plaguemum yes please, support. I need these things.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
I need a bunch of these. Like...Right now.
I need a bunch of these. Like...Right now.
Space Daddy is Love, Space Daddy is Life.
Fan of Cosmic Things. And Pastels.
Current Cosmic Obsession: Descender by Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nyugen
Triple Tyranny Club Triple X
Support!
I love bearded vultures.
Support!
I love bearded vultures.
Supportsupportsupport
Supportsupportsupport
Oooh I adore these. I most certainly support.
Oooh I adore these. I most certainly support.
rbHnJkQ.png
*repeatedly slams support button with fist*
*repeatedly slams support button with fist*
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17