Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Let us discard/send off nests [+140 sup]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
Hello all, I have heard some people complain about the fact that there is [b]no [/b]way to get rid of nests they [i]regretted [/i]making. Ever since egg rot has been gone and people began filling up their lairs again, this problem arose. You [i]can't [/i]get rid of eggs. They won't rot. You have to make space if you don't have enough, you are [i]forced [/i]to hatch the eggs eventually. For big-time breeders this can be a common problem. One nest is too big (4 eggs, 2 spaces) and you don't have anybody to take dragons for you so you can hatch the nest, or you kind of regret breeding these dragons. I made a sum-up of advantages to being able to discard a nest, and some bad sides to it for balancing. [color=#24661b][size=4][b]Positives[/b]:[/size] - You won't have to make room to hatch the nest. You can just get rid of it (though for a price?) - The dragons you bred (ex: you accidentally bred a dragon that was supposed to never have offspring, a fandragon for example) will [b][i]not [/i]get any offspring added to their list if the nest is discarded[/b]. - You won't have to have the nest sit there, taking up one of your nests while you don't have the room to hatch it.[/color] [color=#b02222][size=4][b]Negatives[/b]:[/size] - [url=http://orig10.deviantart.net/0d13/f/2016/177/2/3/suggestion_img_1_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-da7pkxs.png]You will, for example as 'Punishment' from your deity, receive the number of eggs from the discarded nest on the Eggs Discarded part of your Account Settings.[/url] - The dragons you bred will [b]not go off their breeding cooldown after the nest is sent off[/b], but you [i]will be able to breed them again after the usual wait period of 15-35 days is over.[/i] (this raised some confusion in a Nature chat. No, the dragons are not forever on cooldown.) - You [i]cannot [/i]choose how many eggs you want to discard. The whole nest is gone. - You will never know what the hatchlings could've looked like.[/color] Any critique would be welcome. This is my first suggestion ever, please tell me what you think. Thank you! [color=#472653][size=4][b]edits[/b]:[/size] - To everybody wondering how this would work in the egg lore: I was indeed kind of aiming for the "This clutch was sent to the [flight deity] to hatch right before his/her eyes and forever remain in his/her care." idea. (But then the deity's punishment should probably be for not allowing the unhatched babies to meet their parents, instead of for simply leaving them behind to die or for other dragons to find.) [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1141353/14#post_15841659]This lore could otherwise also provide a reason for Unhatched Eggs. Check out Jemadar's reply on page 14![/url] - Discarding eggs would [b]not[/b] add to dominance, even though they are sent straight to the deity. In order to prevent this feature from being OP, still only [b]hatchlings [/b]and [b]adults [/b]from nests will count towards dominance. That way you still use lair space when breeding dominance-fodder. You do not get treasure/gems from sending off eggs, either. This shouldn't become a money farm. - There [b]would[/b] be a confirmation window before sending off a nest. - It could cost Treasure (OR a small Gem fee) to send off a nest. A light Treasure fee would be easy enough to get together through hoard-selling items or playing Fairground games.[/color] Some things are bound to change as I receive popular input for certain things! Currently suggested: - Eggs counting to dominance, rather than not. - There being a certain price in Treasure or Gems to send off a nest. [15/10/21] - Discarding option only available after the final incubation, with a confirmation window added to the hatch option to prevent accidental hatching due to muscle memory [quote name="Mutation" date="2021-10-15 06:35:28" ] [quote name="Strella" date="2021-10-14 20:47:06" ] Support! But I think it should only be available for ready to hatch nests! this is so people don't repeatedly breed and discard nests until they get a certain amount of eggs(primarily thinking of people wanting more eggs) while you couldn't do this with the same pair because of cooldown, you could breed other dragons. Or possibly make the nest unusable for a certain amount of time. [/quote] @//Strella I actually really like this addition! I personally believe nest discarding should be a function of last resort, to undo an accidental breeding, rather than a feature of convenience. I think the last-day option would require some more retooling though, as an unwary user might click the big "hatch" button out of habit just because it's available. Maybe the hatch button should receive a confirmation window, like gene applications? And to get to nest discarding, there would be a separate button, not attached in any way to the hatching window. As someone who never uses boons of fertility and often overlooks that little button, I'd argue a discard button should be immediately recognizable. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/59LjCLRz/Naamloos.png[/img] [/quote]
Hello all,

I have heard some people complain about the fact that there is no way to get rid of nests they regretted making. Ever since egg rot has been gone and people began filling up their lairs again, this problem arose. You can't get rid of eggs. They won't rot. You have to make space if you don't have enough, you are forced to hatch the eggs eventually.

For big-time breeders this can be a common problem. One nest is too big (4 eggs, 2 spaces) and you don't have anybody to take dragons for you so you can hatch the nest, or you kind of regret breeding these dragons. I made a sum-up of advantages to being able to discard a nest, and some bad sides to it for balancing.

Positives:
- You won't have to make room to hatch the nest. You can just get rid of it (though for a price?)

- The dragons you bred (ex: you accidentally bred a dragon that was supposed to never have offspring, a fandragon for example) will not get any offspring added to their list if the nest is discarded.

- You won't have to have the nest sit there, taking up one of your nests while you don't have the room to hatch it.

Negatives:
- You will, for example as 'Punishment' from your deity, receive the number of eggs from the discarded nest on the Eggs Discarded part of your Account Settings.

- The dragons you bred will not go off their breeding cooldown after the nest is sent off, but you will be able to breed them again after the usual wait period of 15-35 days is over. (this raised some confusion in a Nature chat. No, the dragons are not forever on cooldown.)

- You cannot choose how many eggs you want to discard. The whole nest is gone.

- You will never know what the hatchlings could've looked like.

Any critique would be welcome. This is my first suggestion ever, please tell me what you think. Thank you!

edits:
- To everybody wondering how this would work in the egg lore: I was indeed kind of aiming for the "This clutch was sent to the [flight deity] to hatch right before his/her eyes and forever remain in his/her care." idea.

(But then the deity's punishment should probably be for not allowing the unhatched babies to meet their parents, instead of for simply leaving them behind to die or for other dragons to find.)

This lore could otherwise also provide a reason for Unhatched Eggs. Check out Jemadar's reply on page 14!

- Discarding eggs would not add to dominance, even though they are sent straight to the deity. In order to prevent this feature from being OP, still only hatchlings and adults from nests will count towards dominance. That way you still use lair space when breeding dominance-fodder. You do not get treasure/gems from sending off eggs, either. This shouldn't become a money farm.

- There would be a confirmation window before sending off a nest.

- It could cost Treasure (OR a small Gem fee) to send off a nest. A light Treasure fee would be easy enough to get together through hoard-selling items or playing Fairground games.

Some things are bound to change as I receive popular input for certain things!
Currently suggested:
- Eggs counting to dominance, rather than not.
- There being a certain price in Treasure or Gems to send off a nest.

[15/10/21] - Discarding option only available after the final incubation, with a confirmation window added to the hatch option to prevent accidental hatching due to muscle memory
Mutation wrote on 2021-10-15 06:35:28:
Strella wrote on 2021-10-14 20:47:06:
Support! But I think it should only be available for ready to hatch nests! this is so people don't repeatedly breed and discard nests until they get a certain amount of eggs(primarily thinking of people wanting more eggs) while you couldn't do this with the same pair because of cooldown, you could breed other dragons.
Or possibly make the nest unusable for a certain amount of time.
@//Strella I actually really like this addition! I personally believe nest discarding should be a function of last resort, to undo an accidental breeding, rather than a feature of convenience. I think the last-day option would require some more retooling though, as an unwary user might click the big "hatch" button out of habit just because it's available. Maybe the hatch button should receive a confirmation window, like gene applications?

And to get to nest discarding, there would be a separate button, not attached in any way to the hatching window. As someone who never uses boons of fertility and often overlooks that little button, I'd argue a discard button should be immediately recognizable.

Naamloos.png

Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Yes please.
Yes please.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
That's actually a reasonable feature. :)

I can see it coming in handy for some people, so support!
That's actually a reasonable feature. :)

I can see it coming in handy for some people, so support!
roses-divider.png
we really need this.
we really need this.
milkie * he/him
I didn't think I'd like this suggestion, but after you pointed out that it could help if you accidentally breed a dragon, and gave the negatives, it sounds a good idea! Support.
I didn't think I'd like this suggestion, but after you pointed out that it could help if you accidentally breed a dragon, and gave the negatives, it sounds a good idea! Support.
Stuffed Mith Craft Creature Exotic Arcanist Idol Flowering Vulpine Plushie Kelp Tender Plush
Glad to be getting such support! Thanks guys!
Glad to be getting such support! Thanks guys!
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
I have no problem against this. It may help in a small way cutting down on the flood of dragons in the market. I wonder if there's a way we can work this into lore without making it sound cruel. Maybe something like you "put your eggs up for adoption" at the deities' temple (and they're never heard from again) or something.
I have no problem against this. It may help in a small way cutting down on the flood of dragons in the market. I wonder if there's a way we can work this into lore without making it sound cruel. Maybe something like you "put your eggs up for adoption" at the deities' temple (and they're never heard from again) or something.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
"Diety's temple"

*looks at Wyrmwound* eh heh heh... Yeah we won't be hearing from those eggs anytime soon
"Diety's temple"

*looks at Wyrmwound* eh heh heh... Yeah we won't be hearing from those eggs anytime soon
sBdLZtA.png
Totally support. In account settings it also says "eggs discarded" below the progress of how many treasure you collected, so I assume it was meant for getting rid of nests?
Totally support. In account settings it also says "eggs discarded" below the progress of how many treasure you collected, so I assume it was meant for getting rid of nests?
seems good to me. maybe lore-wise that could be where unhatched eggs come from? unless theres already unhatched egg lore tbh i havent read the lore.
seems good to me. maybe lore-wise that could be where unhatched eggs come from? unless theres already unhatched egg lore tbh i havent read the lore.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24