Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | 1-Color Scatterscrolls Scrolls
1 2
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2014-07-01 03:44:19"]No support as it would remove much of the challenge of getting the perfectly colored dragon. Currently color is king, as its not easy to change color (you can scatter all three but it can make things better or worse), and as such good color combos can fetch a high price. If one color scatter scrolls were added it would likely end up causing more good colored dragons to be pumped out which means prices would drop[/quote] Sums up my thoughts.
DragonSage wrote on 2014-07-01 03:44:19:
No support as it would remove much of the challenge of getting the perfectly colored dragon. Currently color is king, as its not easy to change color (you can scatter all three but it can make things better or worse), and as such good color combos can fetch a high price. If one color scatter scrolls were added it would likely end up causing more good colored dragons to be pumped out which means prices would drop

Sums up my thoughts.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
No support. Practically the whole point of FR is to breed your perfect dragon; if you have a near-miss, you find another dragon that makes a narrow range and breed them until you get your dream dragon. There's basically no instant gratification in this game, y'all need to be more patient.
No support. Practically the whole point of FR is to breed your perfect dragon; if you have a near-miss, you find another dragon that makes a narrow range and breed them until you get your dream dragon. There's basically no instant gratification in this game, y'all need to be more patient.
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
I’d love something like this. Maybe put a limit on it? You can only use it on a given dragon once, or something?
I’d love something like this. Maybe put a limit on it? You can only use it on a given dragon once, or something?
1E8JFs6.pngmBlfY5F.pnghQKIulk.pngqFhRTGX.gif
[quote name="Aliae" date="2018-12-10 07:32:22" ] I’d love something like this. Maybe put a limit on it? You can only use it on a given dragon once, or something? [/quote] There is really no way to limit something like this, except perhaps by allowing it only on progens, that would be fair. For instance, only being able to scatter a dragon once, this means that 1. If you decide to sell that dragon, someone else is going to get a dragon they can't use part of the game on: IE, if they decide they dislike a certain color, they can't use a scroll on that dragon, because the original owner already did. 2. Be able to be circumvented if the dragon becomes 'scatterable' again if it is sold or traded away: players can simply send the dragon to a friend and have the friend send it back, and basically scatter it as much as they want. AS I have said on other, similar threads, I don't think the risk is enough for this type of scroll. Wit ha scatter scroll, you are risking all three colors, with this one, not only are you risking only one color, but, since most people probably wouldn't scatter looking for a specific color (in which you would have 1 in 177 chance to get), you aren't even risking a lot if the idea is 'any color but this one' as is potentially the case for many dragons. (I have a dragon that is Aqua/Storm/Tomato. If I could scatter her, just about ANY color would be better than tomato.)
Aliae wrote on 2018-12-10 07:32:22:
There is really no way to limit something like this, except perhaps by allowing it only on progens, that would be fair.

For instance, only being able to scatter a dragon once, this means that

1. If you decide to sell that dragon, someone else is going to get a dragon they can't use part of the game on: IE, if they decide they dislike a certain color, they can't use a scroll on that dragon, because the original owner already did.

2. Be able to be circumvented if the dragon becomes 'scatterable' again if it is sold or traded away: players can simply send the dragon to a friend and have the friend send it back, and basically scatter it as much as they want.

AS I have said on other, similar threads, I don't think the risk is enough for this type of scroll. Wit ha scatter scroll, you are risking all three colors, with this one, not only are you risking only one color, but, since most people probably wouldn't scatter looking for a specific color (in which you would have 1 in 177 chance to get), you aren't even risking a lot if the idea is 'any color but this one' as is potentially the case for many dragons. (I have a dragon that is Aqua/Storm/Tomato. If I could scatter her, just about ANY color would be better than tomato.)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
This topic is from 2014. XD
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
[quote name="@Zenzic" date="2018-12-10 13:26:18" ] This topic is from 2014. XD [/quote] Yeah, but there is no 'no necro rule' and it is still relevant (as it gets brought up every so often in new topics... This one is probably the one linked in the suggestions compilation)
@Zenzic wrote on 2018-12-10 13:26:18:
Yeah, but there is no 'no necro rule' and it is still relevant (as it gets brought up every so often in new topics... This one is probably the one linked in the suggestions compilation)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2