Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Blocked Users can't buy from you
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This is something that I've been pondering and I would like to know if people support it Aside of blocked users not being able to see comments or threads or the like from you, I'd like them [b]not being able to buy dragons from your page or from the auction house[/b] I'd really hate it if a dragon I put for sale goes to someone who I obviously mind having them due to having a past disagreement with said user or the like. This could also be used to block users that buy dragons, who then name them the [b]same name[/b] and exalt them I've had this happen where someone bought a couple of hatchlings from me and then named them [b]Krii[/b] and exalted them. I felt like this was rather inappropriate for both the seller and people who might have wanted a dragon like those only to be snatched by someone who just names them the same thing and exalts them. Same going for people who buy dragons only to sell them for double, even triple the original price. I for example priced some dragons for cheap so people could get some decent gened dragons to start out with, and then they ended up being bought by someone who put it up on the auction house for over double the original price. In my opinion, while obviously this is the way people make their treasure, it's really just robbing the chance of having a cheap but nice dragon for the more recent users that just joined who don't know yet how to properly work the forums (it took me roughly a month or two before understanding the forums, and I'm not the only one who it among this) Well, let me know if anyone supports this or not. I myself would prefer something like this, but I can understand if people are against it [b][u]EDIT:[/u][/b] This thing right here above, but [i][b]toggable[/b][/i] so people can decide for themselves if they want to block their lair and hatchlings from the people they blocked or not. [quote name="gemajgall" date="2014-06-20 19:48:51"]I don't see that as heavy abuse. One user hates his/her dragons being resold, so blocks resellers--S/he'd have to do this individually, probably after encountering each one and seeing each reseller marking up dragons. So the resellers move on to other users and buy from them. I doubt a single reseller would be blocked by enough users to damage profits; there's thousands of people on FR after all. At the least, [b]maybe a sliding scale of how much you want a user to be blocked?[/b] Lower level just blocks posts, somewhere in the middle blocks profiles, and higher end blocks sales? [/quote] [quote name="TheLOAD" date="2014-06-16 13:32:12"] I say if this can be turned on/off then it's a good idea. Some people do block others for serious reasons, so Blocking should have other effects than just not being able to see their posts.[/quote]
This is something that I've been pondering and I would like to know if people support it

Aside of blocked users not being able to see comments or threads or the like from you, I'd like them not being able to buy dragons from your page or from the auction house

I'd really hate it if a dragon I put for sale goes to someone who I obviously mind having them due to having a past disagreement with said user or the like.

This could also be used to block users that buy dragons, who then name them the same name and exalt them

I've had this happen where someone bought a couple of hatchlings from me and then named them Krii and exalted them. I felt like this was rather inappropriate for both the seller and people who might have wanted a dragon like those only to be snatched by someone who just names them the same thing and exalts them.

Same going for people who buy dragons only to sell them for double, even triple the original price. I for example priced some dragons for cheap so people could get some decent gened dragons to start out with, and then they ended up being bought by someone who put it up on the auction house for over double the original price. In my opinion, while obviously this is the way people make their treasure, it's really just robbing the chance of having a cheap but nice dragon for the more recent users that just joined who don't know yet how to properly work the forums (it took me roughly a month or two before understanding the forums, and I'm not the only one who it among this)

Well, let me know if anyone supports this or not. I myself would prefer something like this, but I can understand if people are against it

EDIT: This thing right here above, but toggable so people can decide for themselves if they want to block their lair and hatchlings from the people they blocked or not.
gemajgall wrote on 2014-06-20 19:48:51:
I don't see that as heavy abuse. One user hates his/her dragons being resold, so blocks resellers--S/he'd have to do this individually, probably after encountering each one and seeing each reseller marking up dragons. So the resellers move on to other users and buy from them. I doubt a single reseller would be blocked by enough users to damage profits; there's thousands of people on FR after all.

At the least, maybe a sliding scale of how much you want a user to be blocked? Lower level just blocks posts, somewhere in the middle blocks profiles, and higher end blocks sales?
TheLOAD wrote on 2014-06-16 13:32:12:
I say if this can be turned on/off then it's a good idea. Some people do block others for serious reasons, so Blocking should have other effects than just not being able to see their posts.
new_canvas_by_imonox-d7jaim7.png
There are already ways to avoid that. I'd say no Support.
There are already ways to avoid that. I'd say no Support.
3915_350.png
I definitely support blocked users not being able to see anything associated with you-

But if you don't like resellers, sell through the forums to people who want cheaper dragons. Or, look for newer players say within your flight and send them a friendly hello? I know not all use said forums-

There's nothing against reselling in the TOS, and you can't guide player intention in the AH. Sometimes people buy a dragon on impulse and then resell for a bit higher to recoup the loss. Once the dragon is sold you really have no control over it. I know some people don't like/don't know how to use the forums, but trust me, there are more than enough cheap/nice colored and gened dragons in the AH for players who need them. People can't possible see them and buy/resell them all! I personally price my dragons a bit lower than many would expect, and aside from the one or two resells/etc I've not had any trouble. Many have been in newer lairs and that's nice to see.

My price range is normally 10k for dragons, tends to make sure they aren't exalted, but that people can generally afford them.

As for the situation you mentioned where someone you blocked exalted dragons from you, I'd highly suggest you report that if you felt it was purposeful harassment. The mods do take that seriously after all! =)
I definitely support blocked users not being able to see anything associated with you-

But if you don't like resellers, sell through the forums to people who want cheaper dragons. Or, look for newer players say within your flight and send them a friendly hello? I know not all use said forums-

There's nothing against reselling in the TOS, and you can't guide player intention in the AH. Sometimes people buy a dragon on impulse and then resell for a bit higher to recoup the loss. Once the dragon is sold you really have no control over it. I know some people don't like/don't know how to use the forums, but trust me, there are more than enough cheap/nice colored and gened dragons in the AH for players who need them. People can't possible see them and buy/resell them all! I personally price my dragons a bit lower than many would expect, and aside from the one or two resells/etc I've not had any trouble. Many have been in newer lairs and that's nice to see.

My price range is normally 10k for dragons, tends to make sure they aren't exalted, but that people can generally afford them.

As for the situation you mentioned where someone you blocked exalted dragons from you, I'd highly suggest you report that if you felt it was purposeful harassment. The mods do take that seriously after all! =)
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
No support, sorry. If the user names the dragon something inappropriate, or harasses you somehow via having the dragon, report them. Otherwise, if you sell a dragon, it's no long yours to worry about.

This is also valid for the people who buy dragons to exalt- I have a habit of naming all of my exalts "Acolight." If they are obviously siblings and I can tell from a quick glance, I'll try to remember to use the randomiser. The only way to avoid those issues is to name the dragons before selling them.
No support, sorry. If the user names the dragon something inappropriate, or harasses you somehow via having the dragon, report them. Otherwise, if you sell a dragon, it's no long yours to worry about.

This is also valid for the people who buy dragons to exalt- I have a habit of naming all of my exalts "Acolight." If they are obviously siblings and I can tell from a quick glance, I'll try to remember to use the randomiser. The only way to avoid those issues is to name the dragons before selling them.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
Support -- you've blocked them for a reason, and you don't want to have any further dealings with them. I think that's reasonable.

Also, I'd love it if FR would have a better utility for making a user look like they don't exist. Their threads still come up on the forums for a blocked user even though you can't read the content.
Support -- you've blocked them for a reason, and you don't want to have any further dealings with them. I think that's reasonable.

Also, I'd love it if FR would have a better utility for making a user look like they don't exist. Their threads still come up on the forums for a blocked user even though you can't read the content.
No support- I like money, and I wouldn't want to lose out on taking money from people I don't like. I don't think I have a ton of people blocked, but if this were added I'd have to un-block them just for economy reasons. If it were an optional thing, maybe, but if not, I cannot support it.
No support- I like money, and I wouldn't want to lose out on taking money from people I don't like. I don't think I have a ton of people blocked, but if this were added I'd have to un-block them just for economy reasons. If it were an optional thing, maybe, but if not, I cannot support it.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
Toggleable option: Support
Anything else: No support
Toggleable option: Support
Anything else: No support
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
I support that blocked users should have nothing to do with you: see nothing, buy nothing, communicate no-how.
I support that blocked users should have nothing to do with you: see nothing, buy nothing, communicate no-how.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support - blocked means blocked. I want to basically not exist to users that I've blocked, and I'd like them to not exist to me on-site either. I'll be happy with a toggle option as a compromise though.
Support - blocked means blocked. I want to basically not exist to users that I've blocked, and I'd like them to not exist to me on-site either. I'll be happy with a toggle option as a compromise though.
If you don't want a dragon you are selling exalted... sell it for more than people would buy exalts for. Tbh, exalting is a huge part of the game and if you're selling dragons, they're gonna be exalted if the price is right.

I would agree with what Mewhaku said, its a nice thing to do for people, and newbies will be able to find the threads fairly easily. :)
If you don't want a dragon you are selling exalted... sell it for more than people would buy exalts for. Tbh, exalting is a huge part of the game and if you're selling dragons, they're gonna be exalted if the price is right.

I would agree with what Mewhaku said, its a nice thing to do for people, and newbies will be able to find the threads fairly easily. :)
omfgdogs.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8