Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon "like" button?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28
Support, but with an opt out rule so that people who really don't want to don't have to :)
Support, but with an opt out rule so that people who really don't want to don't have to :)
support
support
Support!
Support!
296kyt5.jpg
I support it as a "fav dragons" thing! a corner on the site where u can look at them all *v*
the like thing reminds me of facebook and for some reason i dislike that eue
I support it as a "fav dragons" thing! a corner on the site where u can look at them all *v*
the like thing reminds me of facebook and for some reason i dislike that eue
straw_hat_pirates_jolly_roger.png
Support. Also would be nice to have a comments section on lairs, and individual dragons.
Support. Also would be nice to have a comments section on lairs, and individual dragons.
No Support. While I wouldn't mind a favorite dragon bookmark system where you can bookmark dragons you personally like and only you could see what is on your list.... Even without a dislike option, this really feels like Dragon Facebook and now we've turned the site into a popularity contest of who can get the most likes on their dragons.

The parents of my ugly no gene hatchlings have 50,234 likes total between them whereas your ascetically please hatchlings with genes have parents with only 243 likes total between them.... clearly my ugly dragons are worth more because their parents have more likes.
No Support. While I wouldn't mind a favorite dragon bookmark system where you can bookmark dragons you personally like and only you could see what is on your list.... Even without a dislike option, this really feels like Dragon Facebook and now we've turned the site into a popularity contest of who can get the most likes on their dragons.

The parents of my ugly no gene hatchlings have 50,234 likes total between them whereas your ascetically please hatchlings with genes have parents with only 243 likes total between them.... clearly my ugly dragons are worth more because their parents have more likes.
qDavPTk.png
Basically, people should be unable to see whether their dragons have been "faved" or not. I think this should be for people's own personal convenience and not as a "kudos" to others.
Basically, people should be unable to see whether their dragons have been "faved" or not. I think this should be for people's own personal convenience and not as a "kudos" to others.
straw_hat_pirates_jolly_roger.png
I'm not much for it, unfortunately.
I get the goal, which I can totally agree with. But I have never seen a like system that remains decent.
Never, not once, has a like system existed that hasn't turned to complete chaos and garbage with people soliciting for likes or turning into popularity contests or just making people kind of upset one way or another.

I do want a way to keep track of or "favorite" dragons, of sorts, so that I can come back to and admire them, but I really don't want it to be visible count on the dragon itself.
Maybe have it visible through your profile, but the moment dragons start visibly being judged and having a sort of worth that way through a voting system of sorts is just the moment things start turning nasty and gross, even without a dislike option.
It can really damage the self-esteem or enjoyment of some users, for seeing all these other dragons with likes but not theirs, or a throwaway dragon they have and not their favorite.

If you see a dragon you like, say so, but don't start implementing a system quantifying it. Please no. I kind of like that dragons aren't actively kept track of that way or judged like that.

(Also, this is a minor observation, not really all that important compared to the other issues I'd think, but dragons aren't static. You could "like" it with one set of genes or as a breed, but then the owner might switch it up into something you wouldn't like in a million years.)

Still, I do want a way to keep a record or keep track of nice dragons that aren't mine to come back to and enjoy. Just, like I said, don't assign a system that would force there to be a perceived sort of worth or quantified value like that.
I'm not much for it, unfortunately.
I get the goal, which I can totally agree with. But I have never seen a like system that remains decent.
Never, not once, has a like system existed that hasn't turned to complete chaos and garbage with people soliciting for likes or turning into popularity contests or just making people kind of upset one way or another.

I do want a way to keep track of or "favorite" dragons, of sorts, so that I can come back to and admire them, but I really don't want it to be visible count on the dragon itself.
Maybe have it visible through your profile, but the moment dragons start visibly being judged and having a sort of worth that way through a voting system of sorts is just the moment things start turning nasty and gross, even without a dislike option.
It can really damage the self-esteem or enjoyment of some users, for seeing all these other dragons with likes but not theirs, or a throwaway dragon they have and not their favorite.

If you see a dragon you like, say so, but don't start implementing a system quantifying it. Please no. I kind of like that dragons aren't actively kept track of that way or judged like that.

(Also, this is a minor observation, not really all that important compared to the other issues I'd think, but dragons aren't static. You could "like" it with one set of genes or as a breed, but then the owner might switch it up into something you wouldn't like in a million years.)

Still, I do want a way to keep a record or keep track of nice dragons that aren't mine to come back to and enjoy. Just, like I said, don't assign a system that would force there to be a perceived sort of worth or quantified value like that.
ezgDKeD.png
Selling Leap Day Gen 1, up to haggle.
[stone|white|teal ; female nocturne ; Earth flight (matching eyes)]
Support!
Support!
I can see people's concerns about this becoming a popularity contest, but I still support it. Maybe if you could have a private "favorite list" and only the owner of a dragon could see how many likes said dragon had. (Or, small idea, probably not worth noticing: but maybe the "like" count could be reset at the end of every day/week. That way the user knows people do like dragon X, but maybe that would discourage popularity contest bragging.)

For me, I just want a quick way to tell a user that I think his/her dragon looks cool without PMing or leaving a profile message. Because then they feel the need to respond, even with a "thank you" -- and as an introvert, I don't want any response. I'm not looking to initiate a conversation. I know to a lot of people that that seems like a silly concern--but it does make me uneasy. And clicking a "heart" button is simpler than going to the user's profile, scrolling down, and leaving a comment.

Plus it can be a bit confusing. "I like your dragon Unnamed!" -- I have ten unnamed, which one do you like? Then someone has to look up ID numbers and giving a simple compliment suddenly isn't simple.

There is a good point about someone re-gene'ing a dragon...maybe using a scroll on a dragon should reset the like counter? If only the owner can see the like count in the first place, I don't think that would be too much of a problem.

No pings plz.
I can see people's concerns about this becoming a popularity contest, but I still support it. Maybe if you could have a private "favorite list" and only the owner of a dragon could see how many likes said dragon had. (Or, small idea, probably not worth noticing: but maybe the "like" count could be reset at the end of every day/week. That way the user knows people do like dragon X, but maybe that would discourage popularity contest bragging.)

For me, I just want a quick way to tell a user that I think his/her dragon looks cool without PMing or leaving a profile message. Because then they feel the need to respond, even with a "thank you" -- and as an introvert, I don't want any response. I'm not looking to initiate a conversation. I know to a lot of people that that seems like a silly concern--but it does make me uneasy. And clicking a "heart" button is simpler than going to the user's profile, scrolling down, and leaving a comment.

Plus it can be a bit confusing. "I like your dragon Unnamed!" -- I have ten unnamed, which one do you like? Then someone has to look up ID numbers and giving a simple compliment suddenly isn't simple.

There is a good point about someone re-gene'ing a dragon...maybe using a scroll on a dragon should reset the like counter? If only the owner can see the like count in the first place, I don't think that would be too much of a problem.

No pings plz.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28