Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon "like" button?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
Support
Support
64514_s.gif
Support!
Support!
Support! That's a really cute idea.
Support! That's a really cute idea.
I'd love a non-Facebook like button that doesn't involve any other website - I definitely miss the ability to like posts too. XD All the likes.
I'd love a non-Facebook like button that doesn't involve any other website - I definitely miss the ability to like posts too. XD All the likes.
Sorry, no support.

I'm totally outvoted on this but I want to give my feedback. I use Flight Rising to destress, as I know a lot of people do. But I'm a hardcore perfectionist. If I see that a dragon I love has maybe 2 likes, while a dragon of mine I just thought was just okay have 12 likes, I'm going to stress out about this a lot. I'll probably even hate the dragon that got the 12 likes, unfortunately. The great thing about Flight Rising is that everybody has unique tastes but there's no real way of comparing each other's tastes, in which is better. The closest we have to that is how much a dragon may go for in auction, but even that has taken away the fun for people because they feel as though they have to make the dragons that will sell best, rather than the dragons they themselves love the most.

I'm probably just a unique case on this, which is why I'm the second person to no support out of a sea of supports, but this is my vacation home away from places like Tumblr where I measure my own self worth by my follower or note count. There is no count here. There is no "best" or "worse" dragon, or "most loved" or "not loved" dragon. There are just dragons that we, the user love.

The only way I'd give my support to this at all, because it's a really frightening idea for me to have something else to aggressively compete in to sooth my terrible perfectionism, is for me to be able to disallow people from liking my dragons when they visit my lair. I don't care about seeing other people's dragons having likes, I care about seeing my own and wondering, "why isn't mine as loved as that NANA..?" Despite the fact that, you know, everybody has different tastes, and I logically know notes mean nothing because of the traffic one gets in their lair. I can't see this as being anything other than harmful for people to sculpt their dragons in the way they think they'll get the most likes.
Sorry, no support.

I'm totally outvoted on this but I want to give my feedback. I use Flight Rising to destress, as I know a lot of people do. But I'm a hardcore perfectionist. If I see that a dragon I love has maybe 2 likes, while a dragon of mine I just thought was just okay have 12 likes, I'm going to stress out about this a lot. I'll probably even hate the dragon that got the 12 likes, unfortunately. The great thing about Flight Rising is that everybody has unique tastes but there's no real way of comparing each other's tastes, in which is better. The closest we have to that is how much a dragon may go for in auction, but even that has taken away the fun for people because they feel as though they have to make the dragons that will sell best, rather than the dragons they themselves love the most.

I'm probably just a unique case on this, which is why I'm the second person to no support out of a sea of supports, but this is my vacation home away from places like Tumblr where I measure my own self worth by my follower or note count. There is no count here. There is no "best" or "worse" dragon, or "most loved" or "not loved" dragon. There are just dragons that we, the user love.

The only way I'd give my support to this at all, because it's a really frightening idea for me to have something else to aggressively compete in to sooth my terrible perfectionism, is for me to be able to disallow people from liking my dragons when they visit my lair. I don't care about seeing other people's dragons having likes, I care about seeing my own and wondering, "why isn't mine as loved as that NANA..?" Despite the fact that, you know, everybody has different tastes, and I logically know notes mean nothing because of the traffic one gets in their lair. I can't see this as being anything other than harmful for people to sculpt their dragons in the way they think they'll get the most likes.
@HuntingArt Thank you so much for explaining why you do not support the idea, I actually really appreciate your opinion and ideas. I completely understand your concern and I think others would feel that way if we thought of it like that~
I wish I could offer more alternative ideas, but unfortunately nothing else comes to mind. I do hope that if the FR team does include this feature that they take your criticism into consideration and hopefully make adjustments accordingly :)
@HuntingArt Thank you so much for explaining why you do not support the idea, I actually really appreciate your opinion and ideas. I completely understand your concern and I think others would feel that way if we thought of it like that~
I wish I could offer more alternative ideas, but unfortunately nothing else comes to mind. I do hope that if the FR team does include this feature that they take your criticism into consideration and hopefully make adjustments accordingly :)
HKs5ANM.png
ZKeO0QO.png
bumping!
and i support heavily
bumping!
and i support heavily
@dggeoff thank you :3
@dggeoff thank you :3
HKs5ANM.png
ZKeO0QO.png
Support - but as mentioned, with the ability to opt out for people who wouldn't be comfortable having their dragons rated.
Support - but as mentioned, with the ability to opt out for people who wouldn't be comfortable having their dragons rated.
Support, this idea is adorable. Also I could "like" dragons that have a color/gene combo I might want to breed for one day, and keep them all in a little "Liked dragons" page for future reference.
Support, this idea is adorable. Also I could "like" dragons that have a color/gene combo I might want to breed for one day, and keep them all in a little "Liked dragons" page for future reference.
Click my pixel babies?

(I should acquire more pixel babies.)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28