Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon "like" button?
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
I am down if those three other suggestions are put in too. I'd personally opt out because I don't want my dragons to be judged based on likes, since they are sort of just my niche dragons. But I could see a lot of people really liking this, especially if your able to keep a list of the dragons you've liked.
I am down if those three other suggestions are put in too. I'd personally opt out because I don't want my dragons to be judged based on likes, since they are sort of just my niche dragons. But I could see a lot of people really liking this, especially if your able to keep a list of the dragons you've liked.
Them Social Medias  
1PJACLA.png YcSRinR.png qf9kDf4.png  
nQIiEvb.png PqDjIIK.png c2BNnvm.png  
{ Haley / Umbree }
art shop || dragon shop || gallery

The two greatest blessings in this world are dragons and cerdaes.

Be respectful with your pings please.
pNQE8J9.png
If, and only if, this is optional, I wouldn't mind it. But I personally do not and would not support having like counters on my dragons.
If, and only if, this is optional, I wouldn't mind it. But I personally do not and would not support having like counters on my dragons.

r250Bbk.png ZW5CgDF.png FFH3hV6.png s1GAkgl.png LBmwkOD.png Lef8ZKD.png 10CB8sd.png
You always have a choice.
You can either roll over and die, or you can keep fightin' no matter what.
I don't particularly like this because it kind of seems like a popularity contest to me about the dragons? Perhaps we can have a personal favorites book that we page through, but public like counters gives me like weird vibes that I haven't had on FR.
I don't particularly like this because it kind of seems like a popularity contest to me about the dragons? Perhaps we can have a personal favorites book that we page through, but public like counters gives me like weird vibes that I haven't had on FR.
[quote name="Knuckle" date=2016-08-31 21:53:07] I don't particularly like this because it kind of seems like a popularity contest to me about the dragons? Perhaps we can have a personal favorites book that we page through, but public like counters gives me like weird vibes that I haven't had on FR. [/quote] I have probably weighed in on this suggestion (others have popped up like it) and while I would not mind a private 'like' function it would need to be something like this: 1. ONLY the owner of the dragon could see the number of likes each dragon has. 2. If the dragon leaves the lair, the likes are reset to 0. Even if said dragon comes back to the original lair, the likes still remain reset. 3. Optional - should the dragon be significantly changed, the likes should be reset. As I said, this one is optional but I mention it because to me, it doesn't make sense to 'like' a Blue range Imperial Male dragon with Ghostlight Ruin Samurai armor and specific lore and then should the dragon be changed to a Orange/Fire/Spring Snapper with a festival skin and completely different lore that the 'like' stays with the dragon. But the hard part would be in determining when the dragon is 'significantly' changed. *shrugs* On the part of the person who 'liked' the dragon. 1. Should the like be removed for any reason (change to the dragon, dragon changes hands etc..) the person would get a notification that mentions that said like has been removed and do they wish to 'relike' the dragon? I am somewhat iffy on this as I am afraid that this could be used for harassment purposes (though I don't see how) or things like that, but if the likes are also used as a 'favorites' tag for easy finding, I feel there should be some notification that the like has been reset and thus is no longer there. Otherwise, I am afraid of what I quoted happening, that it will become a popularity contest for dragons and that people will start trying to inflate the worth of dragons by the amount of likes a particular dragon has.
Knuckle wrote on 2016-08-31:
I have probably weighed in on this suggestion (others have popped up like it) and while I would not mind a private 'like' function it would need to be something like this:

1. ONLY the owner of the dragon could see the number of likes each dragon has.

2. If the dragon leaves the lair, the likes are reset to 0. Even if said dragon comes back to the original lair, the likes still remain reset.

3. Optional - should the dragon be significantly changed, the likes should be reset. As I said, this one is optional but I mention it because to me, it doesn't make sense to 'like' a Blue range Imperial Male dragon with Ghostlight Ruin Samurai armor and specific lore and then should the dragon be changed to a Orange/Fire/Spring Snapper with a festival skin and completely different lore that the 'like' stays with the dragon. But the hard part would be in determining when the dragon is 'significantly' changed. *shrugs*

On the part of the person who 'liked' the dragon.

1. Should the like be removed for any reason (change to the dragon, dragon changes hands etc..) the person would get a notification that mentions that said like has been removed and do they wish to 'relike' the dragon? I am somewhat iffy on this as I am afraid that this could be used for harassment purposes (though I don't see how) or things like that, but if the likes are also used as a 'favorites' tag for easy finding, I feel there should be some notification that the like has been reset and thus is no longer there.

Otherwise, I am afraid of what I quoted happening, that it will become a popularity contest for dragons and that people will start trying to inflate the worth of dragons by the amount of likes a particular dragon has.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I really like this and have wished for it a lot in the past! Of course, only the owner should be able to see the likes, and the likes should reset when the dragon leaves the lair. I also like the idea of having a personal book for dragons you have liked. I can imagine finding it useful for keeping track of ideas I might use later for breeding projects, and if not you'll also have a nice collection of pretty dragons to look at.
I really like this and have wished for it a lot in the past! Of course, only the owner should be able to see the likes, and the likes should reset when the dragon leaves the lair. I also like the idea of having a personal book for dragons you have liked. I can imagine finding it useful for keeping track of ideas I might use later for breeding projects, and if not you'll also have a nice collection of pretty dragons to look at.
courier_edgar.gifcourier_pearl.gifcourier_spitfire.gif
I think the likes count should remain and not reset with new ownership, cause the liking system could be like a bookmarking system to bookmark dragons for inspiration/etc. So if i go back and look at the dragons i liked, it doesnt take me to a error
I think the likes count should remain and not reset with new ownership, cause the liking system could be like a bookmarking system to bookmark dragons for inspiration/etc. So if i go back and look at the dragons i liked, it doesnt take me to a error
A3HkZGq.png
Support.
Support.
Support! I love being in the forum threads of best dressed/prettiest dragon etc, and would love to be able to leave likes for dragons! And also being able to keep track of cool outfits/color combos for inspiration would be unbelievably helpful.

If likes is tied to a dragon id, then you'd still be able to see them even if they are exalted. I think the likes should be cleared when the dragon is bought or sold, though I'm not sure how that would work; I can see the positives and negatives of both sides. Having been on this sight for a while, I really don't think a dragon with "a lot of likes" would lead to any inflation; though if people want to collect dragons with likes then whatever makes them happy.
Support! I love being in the forum threads of best dressed/prettiest dragon etc, and would love to be able to leave likes for dragons! And also being able to keep track of cool outfits/color combos for inspiration would be unbelievably helpful.

If likes is tied to a dragon id, then you'd still be able to see them even if they are exalted. I think the likes should be cleared when the dragon is bought or sold, though I'm not sure how that would work; I can see the positives and negatives of both sides. Having been on this sight for a while, I really don't think a dragon with "a lot of likes" would lead to any inflation; though if people want to collect dragons with likes then whatever makes them happy.
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
No, thank you. I don't want this site to become a miniature Facebook, with people worrying about how many likes they get, and why more people get more likes than them and are therefore more "popular". Even if there's no dislike option, it might still have a negative impact on the FR community. I like this game how it is, and I'm sure others feel the same about making sure it stays non-stressful. If you like someone's dragon, you can take the time to tell them.
No, thank you. I don't want this site to become a miniature Facebook, with people worrying about how many likes they get, and why more people get more likes than them and are therefore more "popular". Even if there's no dislike option, it might still have a negative impact on the FR community. I like this game how it is, and I'm sure others feel the same about making sure it stays non-stressful. If you like someone's dragon, you can take the time to tell them.
Doing Camp Nano this July! If you see me on here please tell me to get my brain back to writing :)
263.png25174.png25173.pngwEamvni.png
I've been thinking about this forever and just realized that there's a thread for it! Very happy about that :)

I feel like another cool idea is if when you "Liked" a dragon you were able to follow it. So if you liked a dragon that was on a friend's page (or whoever's) then you could go back to a "Liked Dragons" page and still see that dragon if it was sold, exulted etc

That way you never loose really cool dragons!

EDIT: In general I think It might be a good idea if there isn't anything like a "Top Liked Dragons!" page or anything... because I don't think it would be a good idea to make people feel competitive over who's dragon is the most liked.

I think using it as a system to help keep track of some of your favorite dragons would be interesting, and there wouldn't even need to be a way where people could see if their dragon was liked (Especially if we want to avoid becoming competitive... which I think is for the best)

(If you agree and wanna talk about this idea more, ping me... I'd love to add in more ideas with someone!)
I've been thinking about this forever and just realized that there's a thread for it! Very happy about that :)

I feel like another cool idea is if when you "Liked" a dragon you were able to follow it. So if you liked a dragon that was on a friend's page (or whoever's) then you could go back to a "Liked Dragons" page and still see that dragon if it was sold, exulted etc

That way you never loose really cool dragons!

EDIT: In general I think It might be a good idea if there isn't anything like a "Top Liked Dragons!" page or anything... because I don't think it would be a good idea to make people feel competitive over who's dragon is the most liked.

I think using it as a system to help keep track of some of your favorite dragons would be interesting, and there wouldn't even need to be a way where people could see if their dragon was liked (Especially if we want to avoid becoming competitive... which I think is for the best)

(If you agree and wanna talk about this idea more, ping me... I'd love to add in more ideas with someone!)
Redd | EST / FR+3 | About Me
dragoncave | Chicken Smoothie
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28