Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Blocked Users Actually Blocked Site-Wide
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28
@Daxillionyx
You'd think so, but it's difficult for some. I'd really love to get back to discussing this suggestion though because I think it's very good and could seriously help! The block function on fr has been somewhat lacking in the past and could really use a revamp like this to make users feel safer on the site.
@Daxillionyx
You'd think so, but it's difficult for some. I'd really love to get back to discussing this suggestion though because I think it's very good and could seriously help! The block function on fr has been somewhat lacking in the past and could really use a revamp like this to make users feel safer on the site.
@Daxillionyx - Agreed. Apparently not.

@Reign - I like that idea!
@Daxillionyx - Agreed. Apparently not.

@Reign - I like that idea!
90vvd0.jpg
I also quite like @Ankokou's modular suggestion.
I also quite like @Ankokou's modular suggestion.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Pretty sure the purpose of the suggestions forums is to voice support and non-support of the suggested ideas. Not suddenly make snide comments to or about other users that otherwise have no useful connotation to the suggestion itself.
Just a 'suggestion'. Lmao.

Anyway.
As for the suggestion presented here, I support this, as people have mentioned before, maybe implementing a color change or faded out text so you can easily identify that a post or auction is from a blocked user, or something similar to what Reign said about there being a display popup or feature that would block over the post or auction that said the reason it cannot be displayed is due to the user being on your block list, and having a 'display anyway' option to allow you to see it still.
That or something like the two tier system.
I personally have never blocked anyone on this site, but understand the issues this brings up for people who have.

Edit: Also like Ankokou's modular idea as well after reading through it
Pretty sure the purpose of the suggestions forums is to voice support and non-support of the suggested ideas. Not suddenly make snide comments to or about other users that otherwise have no useful connotation to the suggestion itself.
Just a 'suggestion'. Lmao.

Anyway.
As for the suggestion presented here, I support this, as people have mentioned before, maybe implementing a color change or faded out text so you can easily identify that a post or auction is from a blocked user, or something similar to what Reign said about there being a display popup or feature that would block over the post or auction that said the reason it cannot be displayed is due to the user being on your block list, and having a 'display anyway' option to allow you to see it still.
That or something like the two tier system.
I personally have never blocked anyone on this site, but understand the issues this brings up for people who have.

Edit: Also like Ankokou's modular idea as well after reading through it

newsig1_by_araktugage-d9o53os.png
Support! Though I don't know how easy this would be to implement. But yes, when I block someone in any game, I want it to be as close to "their existence is erased from my perspective" as possible. I don't use that feature lightly!
Support! Though I don't know how easy this would be to implement. But yes, when I block someone in any game, I want it to be as close to "their existence is erased from my perspective" as possible. I don't use that feature lightly!
bmC7aIK.pngmLmd8FJ.pngdV1P3J2.pngWCTD8jq.png
Support on two-tier block options (or that modular one that was mentioned, I like that a lot)

I'm guessing it being an option is probably the most important part. That way those who want to still see things from users they've blocked can, and those who want absolutely nothing to do with those users (including auction house transactions) get an easier way (compared to "just remember their names and don't buy from them") to have it.
Support on two-tier block options (or that modular one that was mentioned, I like that a lot)

I'm guessing it being an option is probably the most important part. That way those who want to still see things from users they've blocked can, and those who want absolutely nothing to do with those users (including auction house transactions) get an easier way (compared to "just remember their names and don't buy from them") to have it.
Options for communication and/or sales would be great. I personally don't keep people blocked just 'cause I'm too curious for my own good, but I do want to be able to filter AH results, whether by some coloured usernames or other.
Options for communication and/or sales would be great. I personally don't keep people blocked just 'cause I'm too curious for my own good, but I do want to be able to filter AH results, whether by some coloured usernames or other.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
[quote name="sadspockpanda" date="2014-04-25 21:23:06"]I'm going to give this a support. With the added suggestions Knuxgator and Clockworkmoose gave. The big reason I'm supporting this is that people can change their usernames. You might have memorized their username when you blocked them as 'X' but a few weeks later they changed it to 'Y' and, without keeping your Blocked List open while AH surfing and checking every single name against the seller's name, it could be difficult to keep up with.[/quote] Everything sadspockpanda said.
sadspockpanda wrote on 2014-04-25 21:23:06:
I'm going to give this a support. With the added suggestions Knuxgator and Clockworkmoose gave. The big reason I'm supporting this is that people can change their usernames. You might have memorized their username when you blocked them as 'X' but a few weeks later they changed it to 'Y' and, without keeping your Blocked List open while AH surfing and checking every single name against the seller's name, it could be difficult to keep up with.

Everything sadspockpanda said.
tumblr_inline_mwjmqyjk1X1qbzf9f.png
[quote name="Div3rge" date="2014-04-26 10:28:34"]@Reign- ooh, typo. Horrors. No, you don't, actually. :) [b]But really what you think doesn't matter worth spit[/b], and I'm not in the mood to bicker about it, so stop pinging me.[/quote] (Bolding my own) @Div3rge Some people get personally attacked-like you did just now-and that means they don't want to associate a person at all, even buying their things. You are saying you don't seem how someone could care so much, when after you tell someone their opinion doesn't matter? You are trying to take away their agency and you can't understand why that would upset someone? Try re-reading Lissote's reasons why you would not want to associate with someone [i]who says an entire race should be wiped out.[/i] I'm going to ping a moderator because this thread isn't a discussion but is turning into personal attacks, in case this gets out of hand. @Aequorin My own thoughts can be summed up by Lissote and Sadspockpanda's suggestions, so I support this 100%.
Div3rge wrote on 2014-04-26 10:28:34:
@Reign- ooh, typo. Horrors.

No, you don't, actually. :) But really what you think doesn't matter worth spit, and I'm not in the mood to bicker about it, so stop pinging me.

(Bolding my own)

@Div3rge

Some people get personally attacked-like you did just now-and that means they don't want to associate a person at all, even buying their things. You are saying you don't seem how someone could care so much, when after you tell someone their opinion doesn't matter? You are trying to take away their agency and you can't understand why that would upset someone? Try re-reading Lissote's reasons why you would not want to associate with someone who says an entire race should be wiped out.

I'm going to ping a moderator because this thread isn't a discussion but is turning into personal attacks, in case this gets out of hand. @Aequorin

My own thoughts can be summed up by Lissote and Sadspockpanda's suggestions, so I support this 100%.
tumblr_inline_mwjmqyjk1X1qbzf9f.png
[quote name="Valithria" date="2014-04-26 12:48:07"][quote name="Div3rge" date="2014-04-26 10:28:34"]@Reign- ooh, typo. Horrors. No, you don't, actually. :) [b]But really what you think doesn't matter worth spit[/b], and I'm not in the mood to bicker about it, so stop pinging me.[/quote] (Bolding my own) @Div3rge Some people get personally attacked-like you did just now-and that means they don't want to associate a person at all, even buying their things. You are saying you don't seem how someone could care so much, when after you tell someone their opinion doesn't matter? You are trying to take away their agency and you can't understand why that would upset someone? Try re-reading Lissote's reasons why you would not want to associate with someone [i]who says an entire race should be wiped out.[/i] I'm going to ping a moderator because this thread isn't a discussion but is turning into personal attacks, in case this gets out of hand. @Aequorin My own thoughts can be summed up by Lissote and Sadspockpanda's suggestions, so I support this 100%.[/quote] Thank you, and I agree.
Valithria wrote on 2014-04-26 12:48:07:
Div3rge wrote on 2014-04-26 10:28:34:
@Reign- ooh, typo. Horrors.

No, you don't, actually. :) But really what you think doesn't matter worth spit, and I'm not in the mood to bicker about it, so stop pinging me.

(Bolding my own)

@Div3rge

Some people get personally attacked-like you did just now-and that means they don't want to associate a person at all, even buying their things. You are saying you don't seem how someone could care so much, when after you tell someone their opinion doesn't matter? You are trying to take away their agency and you can't understand why that would upset someone? Try re-reading Lissote's reasons why you would not want to associate with someone who says an entire race should be wiped out.

I'm going to ping a moderator because this thread isn't a discussion but is turning into personal attacks, in case this gets out of hand. @Aequorin

My own thoughts can be summed up by Lissote and Sadspockpanda's suggestions, so I support this 100%.

Thank you, and I agree.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28