Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Blocked Users Actually Blocked Site-Wide
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28
I agree with Reign.
As I said before, I don't want to see that user AT ALL on the site.
I don't want them buying my dragons (cause then in comes the naming and exalting out of spite) and if I got screwed over by a certain user when it comes to me buying a dragon, I'm not too fond of the idea of giving said scammer my money.
I agree with Reign.
As I said before, I don't want to see that user AT ALL on the site.
I don't want them buying my dragons (cause then in comes the naming and exalting out of spite) and if I got screwed over by a certain user when it comes to me buying a dragon, I'm not too fond of the idea of giving said scammer my money.
tumblr_npv36fz0NT1unlofso1_400.png
@Kleinu

...OK, our personal issues with each other aside, I gotta say, I didn't think of the nasty naming and 'exhalting as petty revenge' thing. You have a point there.

OH GOD I JUST AGREED WITH YOU IT BURNS.

And yeah, I said I could see it being useful if it was a scammer situation.
@Kleinu

...OK, our personal issues with each other aside, I gotta say, I didn't think of the nasty naming and 'exhalting as petty revenge' thing. You have a point there.

OH GOD I JUST AGREED WITH YOU IT BURNS.

And yeah, I said I could see it being useful if it was a scammer situation.
knhLXgs.png
oh, sorry, forgot to say that I support this too.
oh, sorry, forgot to say that I support this too.
tumblr_npv36fz0NT1unlofso1_400.png
@Kleinu, @Reign - I am really sorry this is happening to you two. It seems to be ongoing. Because my god. ):

Full support, however. If I block for the sake of, y'know, blocking a damned person (in which case, they'd have to do something bad), I don't want to see their username everywhere else. I don't want bad memories or experiences to be triggered. Etc, etc.
Plus, I don't want to mistakingly give them my gems and treasure.
@Kleinu, @Reign - I am really sorry this is happening to you two. It seems to be ongoing. Because my god. ):

Full support, however. If I block for the sake of, y'know, blocking a damned person (in which case, they'd have to do something bad), I don't want to see their username everywhere else. I don't want bad memories or experiences to be triggered. Etc, etc.
Plus, I don't want to mistakingly give them my gems and treasure.
90vvd0.jpg
I'd support two tier or a modular blocking system.
A modular system would enable player control, allowing you to enable or disable different account blocks, the example on the two tier being you do not care if you buy dragons for them but understand the want.
An example with the modular system and added features would be the ability to prevent or allow blocked users from purchasing your dragons. Many people do not care if people they dislike give them money, but with some people considering any exalted dragon harassment, they may want to prevent this.

Right now, I just ignore people instead of blocking them. However, I fully understand why those who use it would want it to do more.

I do agree the current one is very lacking, I would like to see it taken further.
This is going off on a tangent, but here are some things I feel it is missing as well as possible options for a modular system. (Some of which are already features of the current one)
1) Entirely hide that the blocked person has even posted, not just the contents of their post.
2) Hide threads that they've made
3) Block profile comments
4) Hide their AH listings
5) Block them from buying your dragons or AH listings
6) Block PMs

This way, for example, you could just quietly blacklist someone, disable their AH listings and nothing else. The blacklisted person would not feel blocked should they try to contact you, causing more ill feelings, while you could avoid contributing to them easily. They would not even know their AH listings did not appear for you.
Should their attempts to contact you turn in to harassment, enable more blocking features and contact staff.
I'd support two tier or a modular blocking system.
A modular system would enable player control, allowing you to enable or disable different account blocks, the example on the two tier being you do not care if you buy dragons for them but understand the want.
An example with the modular system and added features would be the ability to prevent or allow blocked users from purchasing your dragons. Many people do not care if people they dislike give them money, but with some people considering any exalted dragon harassment, they may want to prevent this.

Right now, I just ignore people instead of blocking them. However, I fully understand why those who use it would want it to do more.

I do agree the current one is very lacking, I would like to see it taken further.
This is going off on a tangent, but here are some things I feel it is missing as well as possible options for a modular system. (Some of which are already features of the current one)
1) Entirely hide that the blocked person has even posted, not just the contents of their post.
2) Hide threads that they've made
3) Block profile comments
4) Hide their AH listings
5) Block them from buying your dragons or AH listings
6) Block PMs

This way, for example, you could just quietly blacklist someone, disable their AH listings and nothing else. The blacklisted person would not feel blocked should they try to contact you, causing more ill feelings, while you could avoid contributing to them easily. They would not even know their AH listings did not appear for you.
Should their attempts to contact you turn in to harassment, enable more blocking features and contact staff.
@Div3rge
Ah, yes, I've no idea of the situation going on in a thread that is six pages long, all of which I read through.

The word is abrasive, not 'abbrasive', and my response had nothing to do with you posting an opinion on a public forum. If you're going to be crass and rude to others, don't be surprised when they don't act friendly back to you.

Now let's keep this thread on topic before the unnecessary drama gets this locked. I'm in favor of this suggestion! I'd especially like something like how the current block system allows for posts made by blocked users to show up as a message saying "you've blocked this user." Maybe something similar could show up in the AH, i.e. "this item is being sold by a user whom you have blocked"?
@Div3rge
Ah, yes, I've no idea of the situation going on in a thread that is six pages long, all of which I read through.

The word is abrasive, not 'abbrasive', and my response had nothing to do with you posting an opinion on a public forum. If you're going to be crass and rude to others, don't be surprised when they don't act friendly back to you.

Now let's keep this thread on topic before the unnecessary drama gets this locked. I'm in favor of this suggestion! I'd especially like something like how the current block system allows for posts made by blocked users to show up as a message saying "you've blocked this user." Maybe something similar could show up in the AH, i.e. "this item is being sold by a user whom you have blocked"?
@Reign- ooh, typo. Horrors.

No, you don't, actually. :) But really what you think doesn't matter worth spit, and I'm not in the mood to bicker about it, so stop pinging me.
@Reign- ooh, typo. Horrors.

No, you don't, actually. :) But really what you think doesn't matter worth spit, and I'm not in the mood to bicker about it, so stop pinging me.
knhLXgs.png
@Div3rge
Lol k.

Anyway! Since I just got to test out the block feature myself, the exact message is: "You have blocked this user; their post is being hidden. To remove this block, visit your Account Settings."

So maybe there could be a similar message elsewhere throughout the site when you encounter a blocked person? Basically just "You have blocked this user; their auction is being hidden. To remove this block, visit your Account Settings." showing up where an auctioned item/dragon would be in the AH?
@Div3rge
Lol k.

Anyway! Since I just got to test out the block feature myself, the exact message is: "You have blocked this user; their post is being hidden. To remove this block, visit your Account Settings."

So maybe there could be a similar message elsewhere throughout the site when you encounter a blocked person? Basically just "You have blocked this user; their auction is being hidden. To remove this block, visit your Account Settings." showing up where an auctioned item/dragon would be in the AH?
@Reign- Mature. :) I'm unsurprised.
@Reign- Mature. :) I'm unsurprised.
knhLXgs.png
Can people just stop being nasty to each other? It is possible to disagree with an idea without being nasty about it.
Can people just stop being nasty to each other? It is possible to disagree with an idea without being nasty about it.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28