Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Blocked Users Actually Blocked Site-Wide
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
@arazamatazza

I suppose Tier Blocking would be an effective compromise for people who wish to cease every form of communication and for those who simply want that person to stop messaging them and hiding forum posts.
@arazamatazza

I suppose Tier Blocking would be an effective compromise for people who wish to cease every form of communication and for those who simply want that person to stop messaging them and hiding forum posts.
IM LEAVING FR. SEE THIS THREAD FOR DRAGONS: LORE, LVL 25, etc
I actually support this.

When I do business and I know someone has a bad reputation with transaction and a scammer, I really don't want my money going to them.
I actually support this.

When I do business and I know someone has a bad reputation with transaction and a scammer, I really don't want my money going to them.
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
Complete support! If I block someone I don't want them to have ANYTHING to do with my FR experience. At all. :/
Complete support! If I block someone I don't want them to have ANYTHING to do with my FR experience. At all. :/
CdZTwZd.png
Wishlist | Art Samples | Deviantart | Custom Bio Examples
Looking for stoned Lvl 25s, preferably either Water or Nature. Preferably pretty or with potential. The ghostier/more halloweeny the better! Willing to offer mixed payment.
Support, so long as it works both ways.

You can see or buy anything of theirs, they can't see or buy anything of yours.
Support, so long as it works both ways.

You can see or buy anything of theirs, they can't see or buy anything of yours.
Tn4aWhc.png
I personally don't see the need for this. If it's that important to you that you don't buy from someone, check the username before making the purchase. I mean I don't have anyone on my block list, but if I've blocked someone I won't really care if I end up buying their stuff regardless.
I personally don't see the need for this. If it's that important to you that you don't buy from someone, check the username before making the purchase. I mean I don't have anyone on my block list, but if I've blocked someone I won't really care if I end up buying their stuff regardless.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
[quote name="ethanol" date=2016-10-18 03:47:40] I personally don't see the need for this. If it's that important to you that you don't buy from someone, check the username before making the purchase. I mean I don't have anyone on my block list, but if I've blocked someone I won't really care if I end up buying their stuff regardless. [/quote] People can change their users names though. That means if User A has blocked people for bullying, harassment, or using slurs, A has to keep the block list open when browsing the AH. That means A has to dedicate a lot of mental energy into remembering the people A wants to forget, which includes bringing back all the feelings of hurt, frustration, and disgust--instead of A just being able to move on and have the abuser completely blocked out. However, this is one of the big reasons why I support a tiered or modular form of blocking. Some people block others for "lesser" reasons--such as always posting gory skins. In that case, they might not mind buying or selling--or even receiving PMs from the blockee. However, others have endured harassment (on site, off site, and IRL), and want no contact whatsoever with the aggressor--which includes buying, selling, seeing each other's profiles, and even seeing the existence of each other's forum posts. With a tiered approach, in the first scenario, only forum posts would be blocked (for example). Upping things to the second tier would including PMs, profile comments etc. And a third tier would include the AH. Again, for example. In a modular approach, users would hand select which areas the blockee can and can't contact them. I just really don't get why some people don't want others to protect themselves from being contacted in any way, shape, or form by abusers.
******* wrote on 2016-10-18:

People can change their users names though. That means if User A has blocked people for bullying, harassment, or using slurs, A has to keep the block list open when browsing the AH. That means A has to dedicate a lot of mental energy into remembering the people A wants to forget, which includes bringing back all the feelings of hurt, frustration, and disgust--instead of A just being able to move on and have the abuser completely blocked out.

However, this is one of the big reasons why I support a tiered or modular form of blocking. Some people block others for "lesser" reasons--such as always posting gory skins. In that case, they might not mind buying or selling--or even receiving PMs from the blockee. However, others have endured harassment (on site, off site, and IRL), and want no contact whatsoever with the aggressor--which includes buying, selling, seeing each other's profiles, and even seeing the existence of each other's forum posts.

With a tiered approach, in the first scenario, only forum posts would be blocked (for example). Upping things to the second tier would including PMs, profile comments etc. And a third tier would include the AH. Again, for example.
In a modular approach, users would hand select which areas the blockee can and can't contact them.

I just really don't get why some people don't want others to protect themselves from being contacted in any way, shape, or form by abusers.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Not sure If i allready wrote in here. But I would LOVE a tireed system. Slowly my block list does grow bigger than one specific person. I would love to block one person completey - no more buying dragons and then finding that they say I am mobbing them ofsite - being stuck with a dragon you'd rather not even touch anymore but to 'afraid' to exalt in case it might be reported as spiteexalting.

As for the others? I don't agree with their forum posts - they are bound to upset me. I have nothing against tradin with these people or even PMin them and reciving pms. I'm sure we can get along just fine... But I don't want to see their posts in forums I like to read through.
Not sure If i allready wrote in here. But I would LOVE a tireed system. Slowly my block list does grow bigger than one specific person. I would love to block one person completey - no more buying dragons and then finding that they say I am mobbing them ofsite - being stuck with a dragon you'd rather not even touch anymore but to 'afraid' to exalt in case it might be reported as spiteexalting.

As for the others? I don't agree with their forum posts - they are bound to upset me. I have nothing against tradin with these people or even PMin them and reciving pms. I'm sure we can get along just fine... But I don't want to see their posts in forums I like to read through.
Perhaps there could be multiple block levels? level 1, just unable to message you/you don't read their forum messages
level 2, you can't see posts they've made at all, or buy from them in the auction house.

level 1 is default.
Perhaps there could be multiple block levels? level 1, just unable to message you/you don't read their forum messages
level 2, you can't see posts they've made at all, or buy from them in the auction house.

level 1 is default.
cPW6H3E.png
After reading through this whole thread, I can see that there have been many good arguments made both for and against this argument. I ultimately have to say that I support. I have not yet had to block anyone on this site; however, should that moment ever come, I won't want to see them anywhere. Not on the forums, not on the AH, nowhere. I understand that some people block for less serious reasons, which is why I also support a tiered blocking system, like Ankokou's. That system seems like it would work for blocking for various levels of annoyance. So, in essence, I support.
After reading through this whole thread, I can see that there have been many good arguments made both for and against this argument. I ultimately have to say that I support. I have not yet had to block anyone on this site; however, should that moment ever come, I won't want to see them anywhere. Not on the forums, not on the AH, nowhere. I understand that some people block for less serious reasons, which is why I also support a tiered blocking system, like Ankokou's. That system seems like it would work for blocking for various levels of annoyance. So, in essence, I support.
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
[quote name="gemajgall" date=2016-10-18 04:51:13] I just really don't get why some people don't want others to protect themselves from being contacted in any way, shape, or form by abusers. [/quote] Excuse me? Nowhere in my post did I state that I was not for people protecting themselves for abusers. I merely stated that I don't see the point in a site-wide block function. And before you try to tell me that I don't understand, I do. I've blocked someone who emotionally manipulated me to the point of me almost taking my own life. I understand why people want this to a certain degree, I just don't see it as being necessary. Admittedly I've never blocked anyone on FR, and if I do it'll likely be for spamming or generally being annoying, so I wouldn't necessarily want a site-wide ban. I'm not going to avoid buying pretty dragons from someone just because they annoy me. As for the other stuff in your comment about the tiers, I admit I didn't read many of the other replies when I commented and was just responding to the initial suggestion. I think I could support a tiered blocking system so long as it goes both ways (e.g. if I can't buy their dragons, they can't buy my dragons either). But I'm still not 100% convinced it's a necessary tool for the site. On a side note if you're going to reply to a post I've made it would be nice to Ping me and let me know you've responded to me. I'm not going to do so because you've asked me not to but it would've been nice to have been alerted to your initial comment.
gemajgall wrote on 2016-10-18:
I just really don't get why some people don't want others to protect themselves from being contacted in any way, shape, or form by abusers.
Excuse me?
Nowhere in my post did I state that I was not for people protecting themselves for abusers. I merely stated that I don't see the point in a site-wide block function.

And before you try to tell me that I don't understand, I do. I've blocked someone who emotionally manipulated me to the point of me almost taking my own life. I understand why people want this to a certain degree, I just don't see it as being necessary.

Admittedly I've never blocked anyone on FR, and if I do it'll likely be for spamming or generally being annoying, so I wouldn't necessarily want a site-wide ban. I'm not going to avoid buying pretty dragons from someone just because they annoy me.

As for the other stuff in your comment about the tiers, I admit I didn't read many of the other replies when I commented and was just responding to the initial suggestion. I think I could support a tiered blocking system so long as it goes both ways (e.g. if I can't buy their dragons, they can't buy my dragons either). But I'm still not 100% convinced it's a necessary tool for the site.

On a side note if you're going to reply to a post I've made it would be nice to Ping me and let me know you've responded to me. I'm not going to do so because you've asked me not to but it would've been nice to have been alerted to your initial comment.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28